Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Waterfalls

I find myself in a luscious green garden; my mother and grandma are also at this place. I am outside in the garden looking out in the distance. I see an incredible view of a sunset, reddish blue with hues of yellow, amazingly beautiful, but somewhat detached from the reality or scene in the green garden. I have never seen such a beautiful sunset while awake. There was more to this fantastic view. I see two rows of gorgeous waterfalls. The first row lay on top while others came scaling down almost like giant water steps, incredibly marvelous. I call mom to come see this. Shortly after, I see myself standing on the first row of the waterfalls, very peaceful and clear. I am standing on top of the water looking down. I can see both rows, however the water in the lower steps was faster moving, with violent waves, whereas the top waterfalls were calm and smooth. The water was crystal clear on all of them, just somewhat scary in the lower parts. I am somewhat perplexed to see this difference of the water movement.

Here is a bit more information about my current state of being. By nature I am a seeker, curious and I love knowledge. I appreciate surface life and find beauty in it, but I am also driven to play with deeper layers in the hope that I may understand the dance of existence in a wholesome way. A month or so ago, while meditating/contemplating, I entered a very deep state of mind, where the ego and sense of identity started to loosen its ties and reality was not a solid as it appears (as a philosopher I have always known this as a mental concept, but never experienced it). Sufficed it to say, I was shocked and scared to be in this state and jolted myself out of it as fast as I could. Ever since I seem to dream differently, there is an element of the fantastic and magical, in the sense that it is almost impossible to experience oneself in that manner in the awakened state.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Waterfalls

Bonnie,
As I read the information about 'your current state of being', in particular the deep state of mind, I could not help but think it is the same as your dream. 'To enter into a garden where you can not tell where time begins and nature ends'. That was Joseph Campbell's impression as he entered into the Shinto temple in Japan. It is also the deep meditative state of mind as you experienced in your meditative state. To actually experience that place within the deep psyche, it is something to behold. Your experience during that meditative state seems to have resonated within your deepest psyche and that place of bliss is exposed in your dream. A very positive thing no doubt.

But why such a dream? Dreams are centered on who you are, not the ego centered person of the outer world that is in conflict, but that 'Self' that seeks to balance the outer by recognizing the highest potential of the soul. Creativity, spirituality, the desire/willingness to sacrifice to a greater cause, this is the true identity. Having reached that deepest point of serenity and peace within yourself through meditation/contemplation you have experienced the 'oneness' that you are. No separation of inner and outer but a complete self, centered on the spiritual. I see this dream as a step in that direction, perhaps providing new understanding in your spiritual search. Where you wish to be, where you were in that trance like state of meditation, is where your dream wants for you to be also. Dreams reflect the true being, the true self and identity. Once you have 'crossed over' to that metaphysical, the spiritual/creative, you have experienced a true 'soulful' event that defies any common experience. You are in a place 'where you can not tell where time begins and nature ends'

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present