Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hospital

I had a dream this morning that I was at a hospital in Colorado for work (but that wasnt my work, I was just visiting the hospital). A nurse and a mother got off the elevator with a ton of belongings. I opened the elevator to see this little boy sitting and he looked like he had been beaten. He had a only a couple things with him a stuffed animal and something else I dont remember. He looked scared. So I told him I would take him to his mommy, he came with me and felt fine with me, he wasnt scared, he knew exactly where his mom was. It was obvious they had so much stuff with them they left him behind. We walked hand in hand and made it to the 4 way section of the hospital A B C D, he said they were on D. So I started walking him down the hall. That was the end of that part.
Then I remember being outside with some people at a restaurant we were eatting at, I recongized a couple of my actual coworkers there. A few of us went outside, the restaurant was located in a residential area. We were still in Colorado, I recall looking over at a family that had just moved into this house, a couple girls were outside playing basketball. They were wearing t shirts and shorts with my high school on them. I remember making a comment about that, oh look I feel at home again.
Another part was me being at work at my computer and sitting away from everyone else all by myself, but still in Colorado.
That is all I recall....any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Cedar Rapids, IA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Hospital

Kimberley,
Since you were just visiting the hospital and do not actually work there, could that suggest you need more time in your healing process? The 4 levels of the hospital may also suggest this.

As for the little boy. We could look at this as an undeveloped masculine aspect {which would fit with being at the beginning of your journey to wholeness}. When you take this aspect into hand it finds comfort because you are working to discover that path to healing and wholeness. That takes courage and of course that is thought of as something a man would possess, a masculine aspect within you that is seeking to grow.

The second part of the dream seems to be focused on the 'outside', or waking life {whereas the first was focused on the inner self}. And Colorado is mentioned in both parts. Could this be reflections of the past, something you wished for as a child or teen but instead found yourself isolated from that? And are there aspects that are still fell isolated? One aspect may lead to the other, the influences of childhood and early teen life being a factor in who you are now and how you feel about yourself.

I am a strong believer in dreams providing insights to character and personality later in life. If there were severe or prolonged experiences of 'isolation' early in life then it would not be uncommon to have feelings of isolation in adulthood. What caused these feelings of isolation become important. Very often it is due to a lack of proper parental love and acceptance. The influences of early life can not be easily dismissed because they do exert so much influence on who you become as an adult. That is sound logic {something that dreams are-common sense attitudes about why and how}. If you grow up in where parents smoke, then there is a good chance you will smoke. Just last night I saw a program on child abuse. Clinical research has shown a child who is abused is very likely to be abusive as adults {unless proper intervention is given}. Early influences in life are so important. They can be controlling, unconsciously, and you are never aware of it. That was my experience in my early adulthood. It wasn't until I was in my mid 40s that I discovered that fact {through Jung's Individuation Process}.

I get a sense there are waking influences in this dream. Has there been any recent experiences having to do with little boys in distress? This may not only be defining a state of condition of your inner self but may be using actual waking life experiences. The 'mommy' thing and feeling safe with you. Are you a mommy yourself? Do you have a little boy?

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

My childhood was fine, did not feel any isolation. No children.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Cedar Rapids, IA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? YES

Kimberley,
Hopefully you were short on time with your reply. Feedback is so important, not only to help discover the possibilities to your dream but so others may learn more. So if you will elaborate on what may fit I would be most appreciative.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I am really not sure on this one. I love the state of CO and eventually want to move there one day. Not any time soon, but down the road. If that is what life entails. Otherwise I really dont know....I know I'm not much help, but I dont know what I want so its hard to figure out.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Iowa

stats from 7-14-10 to the present