Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gushing

I am going to post this for now, long as it is, and will come back to make comments, later, hopefully before the weekend is over. I'll break it down into numbered scenes to make later commenting easier.

1. I am back at the USDB in Leavenworth (where I worked as a correctional officer). I feel of a younger age, in my late 20’s. Recreation time is starting in the gymnasium. The female inmate population is present. I feel like I am back in old, familiar times. I do not feel my self, not real, not true to me. I excuse my self to use the bathroom.

2. Next, we are preparing to sound the call for recreation for the male inmate population. I think or feel like I am supposed to be filling the role of assistant guard commander, now ... that I am the assistant guard commander (as I was at that time of my life) … but I feel I am unable to do my job well, unable to be on task, focused, in control, organized -this unlike the persona I then wore. Still, I do not feel my self, not true to me. I assign over watch to another NCO...

3. - while I go to the control center to get the “schedule of calls” (which shows the rotation of domiciles/housing wings to be called into the gym). I find that the control center is now different than it used to be. Instead of the guard commander and a couple of guards serving as clerks, I see several esteemed, professional women in semi-professional business dress. I again go for the bathroom. I check a few bathrooms before I find one that is not occupied (a norm, as there were few cadre bathrooms).

4. Then, I find my self down in the maximum custody area, which is located on two sub levels of the institution. Now, I feel some like the NCOIC of the maximum custody area. My office used to be down there. Again, I do not feel like me, not true to me.

5. I go into one of the base units. My brother Michael has brought dinner for me, him, another guard and the base shift leader (it was common practice for one soldier to go to the dining facility and bring meals for each member). The meal is a burger (a very common item we ate) with a side of potato salad. And there was a desert. Michael had specifically brought a desert for me, but the other soldier took and placed it before him. Michael tells him that the desert was for me, but the soldier does not want to part with it. I would have liked the desert, and feel I will miss it, but I do not make a fuss over it.

6. I see the Base NCO – the soldier who manages this wing of the domicile. In actual life, this person would have been someone who worked for me, but I do not recognize this man. He is older, say, in his upper 50’s with graying hair. And his office is set in the center of the security unit (where the catwalks containing the plumbing were located). In actuality, there were no offices in the base housing units. And there was normally a dusky, dingy lighting in the housing units, as did this unit appear in the dream, except for his office. The lights in his office are very bright. I see that he is someone new to me and say hello to him. He does not respond. He is quiet, detached, eccentric, strange. He is wearing a hooded coat/jacket (when one is not needed) and there is a cat roosting in the hood.

7. Next, I am back up in the gymnasium, but am not serving as part of the guard force. Instead, I am sitting with another lady, who feels to be my peer/friend. We are up on an elevated level that is very close to the ceiling. The ceiling ascends just above my head to the left, as if one half of an A frame that then continues out straight/flat. I have a little blade of some sort in my left hand that I use to make only the very smallest cut in the corner where the ceiling begins. A moment later, I see that the entire ceiling on this end of the gymnasium is going to fall loose … is creeping loose and will fall. I now see that the area we are sitting in is elevated above a stage. It is the ceiling above the stage that is going to fall in. I see that it is a false ceiling, meaning it is rather thin and there is another, more substantial, ceiling above it. I shout to the inmates below, to alert them that it is falling. It falls. No one is hurt. My friend and I leave this upper level. I ask that she not let anyone know I was there and she asks the same. We agree to keep our presence there (responsibility for the ceiling falling) silent. We then say goodbye to one another with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. In that moment, I realize or feel that she is my astrologer. I feel a very close bond with her.

8. I have then left the USDB grounds and am walking alongside the older man from the maximum security area. Strangely, he is still wearing a coat, but there is no need for one. He also has a substantial (winter time) hat on. He gives me a hat to try on, too. It reminds me of an army pile cap. It can be worn folded up, or such that it covers all of the head, except for the eyes and nose. I take it in my hand and look at it and then tell him, "No, thank you," and hand it back to him.

9. I am then walking by myself through what appears to be the officer's housing area on Fort Leavenworth. I am seeing a lot of A-frame styled roofs. And, then, I see or imagine myself drawing a series of A-frames.

10. I think of ________, the shamanistic healer I used to work wtih ... all the energy work I did with her. I imagine she has placed something inside of me, in the region of my navel (womb) area. I them look to my womb area and see a patch, of sorts, over it. It seems like a tile of some sorts – square. It feels unnatural. I question, wonder over it.

11. Then, I am in a bathroom, approaching the toilet, as I open and ready to drop my slacks. I begin to feel sick in my womb. Still standing, at and moving over the toilet, large amounts of blood begins gushing out of my vagina. I can’t believe the amount. I turn around, as if in disbelief – or, to go for help – and blood begins gushing out of my nose. It is covering the walls and floors.

I woke, some startled, but feeling this a deeply healing dream.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Gushing

Overall, I think the dream is reflecting conditions I have known, that have existed in me. What is good about the dream is that I am no longer the too proud NCO “in charge,” am unable to be her any longer.

1. I feel this part (as well as the next) shows me shedding (eliminating via toileting) the aspect of my persona that was always in charge in my role as a soldier and correctional officer.

2. It’s like I am exploring again that time/years of my life and finding what was always there beneath the cover of bravado I wore in uniform – the woman who wanted to know and experience her self and not the coat of clothes that she wore. I cannot be on task in that role because it simply is not me any longer, does not reflect the deeper truths of my self that I desire to know and express in my life. I giving that role to another, leaving it with the collective.

3. Here, I see going for the “schedule of calls” as going to get a new order of direction for my self. And there, I find the control center (location of planning and management) of me now filled with (non-military) women. I also used to work in the USDB’s control center when a younger soldier. So, again, I am eliminating more of the past here, the masculine military persona that “called the shots.” The workings of me (what drives and calls the shots) are becoming more feminine orientated.

4. Continuing to see what is no longer of me…

5. I like this piece with my brother, bringing a piece of sweetness into the dream, as did he bring into my young life. He, too, has always been a helpful dream image for me. I acknowledge it, and I no longer identify with the young masculine, choose not to scrap over the piece of dessert he is "appropriating" for himself, with force/aggression. But I am “down” here, in the unconscious, to discover something…

6. Or, discover, someone. Okay, now this guy is a strange character, and I am not sure I fully understand him, yet. He, some part of my self, is being brought to light. Why is he covered in a coat? (It was HOT down there in the base area, I would leave there with all of the layers of my clothing literally sticking wet to me, due perspiration). I have the impression that he pretends to “know himself,” but he doesn’t. It is as though his quiet, aloof, eccentric personality is a sham, it covers something he see as weakness... Is it his defense, against his emotional nature? The cat is a feminine symbol and this guy is wearing her (me) behind his head, keeping her tucked in the back, in the hood. The cat is there, just kind of resting (as do I feel it was all those years), sleeping. I think the cat is waking up, now!

7. I like this scene. I am now sitting up high, above the whole show (so to speak). Having gotten a view of it all, sitting with the me who waits to be (kind of like she comes from my future, is the me who was wanting to wake up all of those years), I reach up and make only a small effort (all that was needed, just an effort) and the ceiling safely (without harm) falls in on the whole drama. And I realize that this part of me that came to help me, through this whole dream, is a feminine, intuitive aspect of myself (my astrologer). I am seeking for a new intelligence, something greater, more substantial, than what I have known – and that intelligence is connected with my feminine aspect/self.

8. Time to go. Time to leave the USDB. The man is leaving, too … and I tell him, “No, thank you, I won’t wear your cover any longer.”

9. What I seem to feel of this piece is that I an aspiring for my Higher Self aspects – the “officer’s” (higher rank and position) housing area, for one, and the fact that the roof tops I am seeing are A-framed, like spires. The psyche even has me to draw these, as if to instill the notion of “reaching for higher aspects of self.”

10. I am still some bit perplexed on this piece, but trust it will develop as I continue to look at this dream. The healer was of a shamanistic nature, and was very gifted, charismatic. I worked with her for some time. While there was benefit, in that I experienced and learned much, there was also a sickness, for after I stopped seeing her I dreamed myself in a hospital heaving humanly unimaginable amounts of vomit, projectile fashion, with a connection of that being related to her. I ultimately came to feel that the path she was taking me on was not beneficial for me, not mine, not my choosing – and have been working to clear those influences, the exertion of her control. This effect she had on me, which is unnatural, needs to be removed. I think the tile represents the fact (I think) she would have liked to model me after herself. Time for it to go.

11. I initially said that I feel this scene reflected a loss of life (blood/life force/ feminine essence) – and I continue to maintain that view, but I feel there is more, here. I think it also shows a deep cleansing, purging, of that which is not beneficial for me… There is also a lot of bleeding when a woman gives birth, as the womb sloughs all the residue. This is happening not only in the area of my female organs, but also my nose (a sense organ directly connected to the brain/mind). It can be said to be related to thoughts (perception). I feel this is what is being purged from the head/mind. I say this especially because I have the gift of psychic smell (Clairgustance), which I feel is a deep intuition as well as instinctive faculty. I see it as though, with this clearing, my own perceptive nature will open more.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
I'll take a long look at your dream and follow up in the morning. My 'job' was an all day event today. Too much residue from that to entertain dissecting a dream with any confidence. A fresh intuitive look in the morning.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

By now you have probably read my own initial take on this dream. I won't comment where I felt that our interpretations were similar. I agree this dream is overall about re-creation.

3. The old masculine aspects keep the feminine from operating (control center) as she needs to, freely. BUT the good thing is the control center is now full of woman and not persons clad in military clothing/character. I feel it shows a shift. Yes, something still needs to be eliminated and I feel the dream goes on to point to this and what it is and acutally accomplishes some of that.

5. Yes, I was not able to receive the desert, as another masculine aspect had taken it for him self and did not want to part with it. I feel the dream shows I acted appropriately. I acknowledged (within me) the sweet and kind gesture. That is what is important. I felt no need to scrap with the young man - gave no energy to his behavior.

6. I don't think the older NCOIC represents a wiser self. Instead, I feel he shows the imbalance (though I can also see this as being the function of the wiser self, is the function of the dream). This guy is "cold," in a coat/covering, does not respond to my greeting. He only later tries to give me an old hat to continue to wear, that I choose not to. I shared more of my associations with him in my other post. I feel he is a part of what needs to be re-created in order to allow the feminine to function. Being unable to eliminate after passing by the control center, it was he the dream took me to, the one at the roots of the infrastructure (base, underground, his office where the plumbing was actually located) - the reason why I could not eliminate. I agree with you last statement on this scene regarding the feminie being covered over by his traits - and is why I chose not to wear his hat...the elimination?

7. I agree that this shows the feminine needs to be elevated. She was elevated. I disagree about the difficulty. I think this scene gives a very positive message, that the transition can be made easily, only a small cut was needed and the drama (the whole masculine thinkg orientation) came falling down. There will be challenges but the needed changes can be made and met positively - with consideration for and harm to none. The secrecy... I am feeling here that the way of the feminine is mysterious secret?) My astrologer is not a constant in my life, she lives across the ocean and we communicate very infrequently, but, yes, she as well as many is a model.

8. Well, he is not the type of masculine I want to receive from... He wants to give me a hat that would cover me up, like him?

9. I do think the A frames were reflective of the triangle/feminine symbol/yoni. With the opening of the A at the bottom, that is a proper orientation.

10. I used to think she was, literally, a reflection of the wise feminine. But this woman showed me more 'negative mother,' was controlling and wanted to decide my fate for me - instead of blessing and allowing my own autonomy, was too heavily slanted on the feminine (IMO). From her, I perceived a "mother knows best" energy. It swallowed me and did not allow me my own breathing and growing room. She was in many ways (thought not on the surface) a reflection of the negative mother of my childhood. She was bewitching - and I had a huge mother transferrence with her. She was still, unconsciously, trying to heal in others some of the very same conditions that existed in her. A tile (the piece I find on me) is made from a mold ... this is what I feel this piece of the dream was showing - the mold of the negative mother. She and her influence in my life represented what is unnatural and is part of what needs to be eliminated.

11. I do strongly feel the last scene, was, yes, showing the need to eliminate the negative - and was in fact also a deep purging (a case of both/and instead opf either/or) - not just of my womb area but also of my mind/thoughts/perspective, so that a true wisdom may come.

Kristi

As I read more, of the meanings attached to the triangle, I found that, yes, it is a feminine symbol, and was said, originally, to stand for the three aspects of the Goddess - the original trinity. More said that the number 7 was revered in that the four and three were united in it. 3 being of the Goddess, and 4, of the masculine (represented in the four way designs of squares and crosses). In India, the upside down triangles, is, as Gerard alluded to, usually represented the feminine, whereas the masculine is represented by an upward pointing triangle. Yet, that is a positive masculine symbol. esp. in that my drawings of it were in white. Additionally, while shakti comes down to create the world of form, and the individual (then resting at the base of the spine), she later turns upward - I am experiencing a sustained rising, now. Still, I have an unnatural, square tile placed over my womb area. As I thought more about the healer, I recalled her having told me that the way I sometimes approached things was unnatural: too masculine, too thought orientated, too logical, too analytical. In this dream I am not at all doing that, but instead allow the scenes to play out before me, and refuse the cap offered by the too cold and distant man. If I take the letter A, being I described the roofs as A-framed, I can look at Alpha, the birth letter of the Greek alphabet, also an alternate name for the river Styx - which represented both death and rebirth. This fits with my sense of the end scene - which is that it was a deep purging and healing (I feel I am experiencing a deep purging and healing...getting that square out of my yoni...it is an intense time). If I were feeling emotionally drained in my present life, I would agree that the blood reflected only a loss of energy - but there is something much deeper going on within me - and my energy is continually better and better, regenerating. There has been a loss, but that is of the past. All that blood could only be of the past. There is nothing current in my life to reflect such a loss of blood being represented in a dream. There is, instead, a rebirth occurring, a continuing death of the overly masculine ways. Thank goodness.

Kristi

Incredible! What this dream is showing! What it is (continuing) to reveal to me.

Gerard, the dream was a re-enactment of the past, as it is highlighting what is leaving (being purged) from my life, so that the new may be realized. While I did not share (aloud), when I listened to the Green Beret song in my other dream thread, I felt/experienced it as, "Yes, it is time to die."

As I read again your interpretation, I see that I did not even receive (some of) your interpretation well, just as you suggested there was difficulty in receiving from the masculine cat-man portrayed in my dream.

I need this guy, and his hat. And I need all the positive masculine the military experience brought to me (the discilpine, as we earlier talked of), while leaving the negatives behind.

I want to say "thank you."

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present