Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cougar

I am in a class of spiritual learning. The topic is of matters relating to self-growth. It is a smaller sized class. We are discussing (I am preparing for) a phase of development that will be entered into. Next, I am walking out of doors, going to meet someone/thing related to this class. It is a spring-like day, temperate and the sun is shining. I approach a set of two bars suspended on vertical poles (like pull-up) bars. There are two middle-aged men standing off to the right side. One of the men resembles a man that lived in the home next to my former home in Leavenworth – a man old enough to be a father to me. There is an aliveness/radiance to him in the dream). I see tethered to the pole on the right is a beautiful, large golden cat (a very beautiful young cougar). I feel that Harry (my neighbor) has brought her here for me. As I approach, she reaches for me…comes forward the distance that the length of the tether will allow her, eager to greet me. Harry watches on as I come close to meet her. I am aware that there was another animal tethered to the pole next to the cougar, but do not know what kind of animal it was – except that it was darker in color (brown). Nor do I have any association for the man who stands talking to Harry.

This dream came two days after the USDB dream I titled here “Gushing.” And, so, I cannot but help relate it to the cat that was roosting in the hood of the man – which makes me wonder if I did have him wrong. He was, well, mysterious. I did not know what to make of him. I think the dream is pretty matter of fact, showing a movement toward working more with my feminine self. The feeling in the dream when meeting the cougar is one of happiness, held by both she and I. I noted that as I viewed the images of cougars on the following morning, having come across one (hunted dead) being held as a trophy, I was moved with a very visceral compassion, empathy, for the animal (that mankind take them as sport).

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Cougar

animals may symbolize our emotions, and particularly when they come in dreams the message might be that there is an aspect of your emotional life that you have not paid enough attention to. it might be of help if you examine and amplify spiritual values of feelings and especially of experiencing true feelings as they present themselves. rather than considering them as separate experiences you might begin to assign a special room in your heart for hosting a range of emotions and letting them mature and have a proper life and a chance for maturity. Your cougar is on a leash - and however happy both of you are to experience each other - you choose to not bridge the distance to a proper development of your feeligns. your excessive self-control may be represented by the leash. coubgars are dangerous and your fear of feelings is justified - that is why you need to learn emotional intelligence without fear of "unleashing" dangerous emotions.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 y.o., Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Kristi,
Seems to be a fairly straightforward dream which demonstrates real progress. Here is how I see the dream.

The divided middle aged masculine self is seeking {still tethered} to unite with the feminine {large golden cat}. The wise masculine has brought you this offering and by integrating the feminine {large as it is} you reinforce the wise masculine giving radiance to it. At the same time you have relegated the overpowering masculine attitude that has ruled to the shadows. There is still a distance between this feminine aspect. And there is still that dominate animal, the dark side of the masculine self. The goal is not to have any ting to do with that negative masculine aspect, only the positive.

Your statement, "I was moved with a very visceral compassion, empathy". Those are powerful 'feminine' aspects. An integration of the feminine seems to be taking hold. Not so much that you had such feelings but to the point you expressed them in your narrative concerning this dream. The unconscious does have its way of exposing its true intent for balance.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

The way you have reflected this back to me is very helpful. Thank you.

My later thoughts/feelings about the animal next to the cougar is that is was the the wild boar of early last year. Given what you have shared, I am seeing my paying no attention to (not noticing it) as psyche's way of telling me to do just that - just as I did with the negative, immature masculine image who appropriated the desert given by my brother in the USDB dream.

This IS happening. I am doing this, currently, in my waking life, too... learning to have "nothing to do with the negative masculine."

Another way the expression of my feminine side is coming forward is in my volunteering some of my time (I just recently began this) doing hand and arm massage (at a local, not for profit [important to me] hospital) on the post surgery ward in the Heart Institute - a section of the hopital. Those I am offering my time/service to are recovering from various operations (by-pass, transplantation, cancerous tissue removal, etc.). I am finding it a blessed and deeply moving experience, for my self, as well as the patients. Some real heart to heart connection/sharing (and healing) is taking place.

Yes, still a distance to go.

This was especially helpful: {{{The wise masculine has brought you this offering and by integrating the feminine {large as it is} you reinforce the wise masculine giving radiance to it.}}} And gives me the opportunity to say, again, that I had to go back to the hat-man/cat-man of the USDB dream and accept (receive) the hat he was offering me - which has been very helpful - as is my sharing here, with you. I really appreciate (value) the assistance.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Gertrude,

This cougar was one of gentle (and mighty) strength.

Thank you, very much, for what you have shared. It is very helpful.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present