Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Earth/Soil

Warm greetings Gerard. Thank you a thousand times for all your support.

My dream this time throws me in a free fall.
I am walking in a country road with two other women friends, suddenly we see a bulldozer working on that same road and I am on the way, my friend tells me to move fast. I look to see if I can go left or right, left would be a safer choice and right would throw me down a steep hill. I ran out of time and go right. I see myself flying/falling down this steep hill and a huge wave of soil/earth coming down towards me. Surprisingly the soil never touches me. As I am falling I feel as if my body is magically being pulled to the side by a higher force to not let me get hurt or let the soil swallow me. I literally felt as if I was in the hands of god. I was going through this very scary experience but safely so, not by my choice but by divine intervention. I don't mean this in a religious sense, I have no traditional religious discipline, but it truly felt like a divine intervention. When I fall to the ground, a thin layer of soil/earth covers my body but gently so not suffocating me. I see a window like slit in the soil veil, I push it away and get up. It was amazing, even in the dream i couldn't believe my eyes what had just happened. I run to my grandmother to tell her what a miracle I experienced in a dangerous accident. She seems busy reluctant to trust me and I am following her around to tell her the whole story.

This was a long dream and later on I remember seeing a woman cook a delicious Asian seafood stew in a large wok. The veggies were so colorful and fresh, I lean down and pick a shrimp from that stew, my friends laugh at me and we move on to another place. Now here I only remember receiving a beautiful bouquet of roses, I am not sure if they were for me or for my grandmother.

Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Earth/Soil

Bonnie,
The country road may be symbolic of those aspects about your life that are beyond the normal routine or expectations. There is work being done on this part of your life and a decision may be needed to further your journey. Or perhaps a decision to be made what direction you should take in that journey. Left is usually symbolic of the opposite of what is expected, social duty, complying with the norms. Going to te right would be complying with social requirements, or following the path you are expected or required in society.

Since in the dream you seemingly that the right path, there are those 'natural' helping hands that tend to guide anyone who is consciously engaged in personal growth and spiritual awakening. This is the left hand path working even though when you are engaged in social duty {for which we all must participate even when we are consciously engaged in that inner world}.

Your thoughts of religious doctrine compared to spiritual intervention fits with the above. I also hold such beliefs and in my everyday life of social engagement I benefit from believing in a 'higher source', and actively participating in being a truly spiritual person, without holding to organized religion. Nature is where the higher source resides and in mythology it is from nature we receive the 'helping hands'. You do not need to be religious to benefit from the divine in nature. Often it is just the opposite because religion is an invention of man {in particular patriarchy} and true spirituality is found within the soul, which is a product of 'nature'. I add this link to provide my thoughts to what that encompasses.
Chief Seattle's Famous Letter

The part about your grandmother may represent that indoctrinated social duty response that is expected by society. There may be elements of distrust of those aspects that are not in compliance with social duty. What is your grandmother's position on religion? Does she 'toll' the line and have religious beliefs that would look down on anything that is outside her faith?

I do see the dream as a choice of what path to follow. The Asian seafood suggests possible knowledge outside those religious concepts of what is the norm {Christianity}. The veggies and roses, these are products of nature, perhaps suggesting a 'natural' philosophy as your spiritual guide. Are you in a search for spiritual guidance? There does seem to be an element of choices.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present