Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
We Walk Right in the Front Door of the Governor's Mansion

My father and I walk right in the front door of the governor's mansion. I'm terrified that we're doing this. We'll probably be arrested. We know where everything is because we've been here before. Before I enter the door, I see a person sitting outside. I think she may be the governor's wife, but on second thought, I'm not even sure she's a woman. She's very boyish looking.
Inside, I meet the governor's four sons. They're young, with the oldest one maybe about 12. I am surprised to find that they seem happy to see me. They're glad I'm here (my father has disappeared from the dream by this point). They are all talking to me, especially a dark-haired boy. He's either the oldest boy or next to the oldest. I have the impression that the boys are lonely in the mansion.
The governor's mother is there, too. I'm scared she'll report me to security for being an intruder. But she doesn't. She doesn't seem to care that I'm in the mansion. Yet, I keep having this feeling-- what do I think I'm doing! I have really overstepped my bounds. I have no right to be in here.
I ask the dark-haired boy about his bodyguard. I try to remember the names of the governor's bodyguards, and I think of one name. I mention that name to the boy. I do this as a way to show that I'm legitimate, that I really do have some sort of connection to this place.
I begin to feel more at ease there. I even do my laundry in the washing machine.
Then the governor and his wife arrive. Now I'm really worried. I'm scared of what the governor will do. He is my brother's archenemy. I have heard nothing but terrible things about him. But by now, I've gotten to be good friends with his boys. I tell the governor the truth. I tell him I'm Jim's sister. He starts laughing. He thinks this is hilarious. I'm surprised that he's so likable. His wife comes in, too. She is the same boyish woman I saw outside. Again, she is unresponsive. Then, the governor says, "I'm going to call Jim right now and tell him about this." I'm surprised the governor acts as if they're on friendly terms. I wish he wouldn't call my brother. I think, "Now this will give Jim one more reason to label me as his crazy sister."
(Some waking life background that may be important-- My father died last year. He was even more shy and less likely than I to take such a bold action. In waking life my brother used to live in this same mansion as governor, and it is a place I went to a couple of times then). The governor who appears in this dream is the current governor in waking life. He does have 4 young sons. The phrase "We'll probably be arrested" may relate to the fact that in waking life I'm going to a protest against coal power in DC tomorrow and some people may be arrested). Harriett

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: We Walk Right in the Front Door of the Governor's Mansion

Hi Harriett,

How did the coal power protest go?

I'll try to share some of my thoughts about your dream this evening.

I see it as like you are breaking through seemingly patriarchal challenges, never minding any fear assocations ... washing your self (laundry) of these garments ... and finding that opening forbidden doors is not such a hard thing, afterall! Kind of like dismantling the inner-governing patriarchal influence!

It reminded me some bit of my own dream of the impending Death of the Pope! Of me!

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, that is helpful. I hadn't thought about the meaning of the word, governor. And the new governor was welcoming to me. I didn't get to go to the protest in DC because it was too far to drive there in the snow. I still wonder about the governor's wife's lack of response. She was emotionless. Cold. Very remote. Some aspect of me, I suppose. Harriett

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Harriett,

These are some of the thougths I had about your dream. I've jotted them up rather quickly, so take what works, for you, and leave the rest...

Our dream makers give us symbols from our own life, that we are familiar with, to help us work through our issues, hence the mansion you’re your brother lived in as governor.

I see your father as a reflection of/an aspect of your own animus/inner masculine. The governor, too.

The governor may represent the body of thought that comprises all the rules and regulations that have influenced your life. That you have a sense of terror in entering into the mansion may be because you are now questioning the structure of inherited beliefs and values, as evidenced in other dreams you have shared.

The boyish woman, well, maybe the shadow aspect of you who carries/wears these patriarchal values – she is the governor’s wife.

The young sons may be a reflection of your own internal masculine, your animus still in development. It is good that they are happy to see you, for they need you…to help them…to grow. Lonely…maybe they want to come out from the too tight inner government…

Your concern over the governor’s mother may reflect how you were afraid of your own mother as you grew, that influence, mother’s authority. Your questioning that authority… Is it okay to be “me,” and not what mother determined for me? So to speak. And you find that mother no longer has such an influence of the actions of the woman that you now are.

You know the body guard, can give a name, because he is part of you. Is he part of what keeps you from over stepping learned boundaries in life? Part of what keeps you in check? In “good” order?

You find that all of your concerns are not such a big deal, so you wash your self of them in the laundry. I always seeing laundry activities as a way of washing aspects of our persona, a cleansing, learning to see in a clean/new way. I think it shows a progress.

The governor arrives and still you have concerns about being in this house (the house is, like the church, reflective of you, your operative ego, your self). Because you are concerned about the governor calling your brother, worried over being seen as his “crazy sister” it makes me wonder if the governor’s laughter might actually be a sort of mock laughter… like, maybe, you’re just a crazy sister, just a woman… should you maybe remain quiet, like the governor’s wife (of you), subjected to the overarching influence of the masculine government? Sometimes our own laughter with and before others is a way of easing (and avoiding) nervous tensions, we pretend things are okay. The dream seems to be another review of sorts.

You say that your father was less likely than you to take such a bold action, yet he must have given you something, you must have learned something from him, some courage, some ability to believe in your own self, such that you are entering into questioning these aspects of your life.

I find it interesting that you have been having the church dreams and now a "government" dream, reflective of the "church and state" (they are not really separate) - so many of our values, rules, laws, norms, and ethics in life come from the church/religion.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Harriett, I just wanted to add that, sometimes, things are both/and - and not either/or - in regard to the part where you say the governor "welcomes" you, but I go on to question as to whether or not his lauhter is actually "mock laughter" given your concern of just being your brother's "crazy sister." The inmportant this is that you do feel welcome, comfortable to be there, looking at all these things. No need for terror. You "can" question the authority (beleif set) that has dominated your life - and you are. This is why I say the feeling essence of dreams are of vital importance. For me, it is as big a part of the dream message as the images themselves.

Best,
Kristi

Kristi,

Yes, this helps me to understand the dream. It had a very lingering effect on me. I kept feeling the dread that I had done something that the "governors" would feel was wrong and that I was going to be punished for it. For my whole life I've been in rebellion against the "governors" and yet, at the same time, afraid of their power over me. I think you are right about the governor's laughter. He was laughing at me, and the reason he found it funny was because it was such a good joke on Jim. In the dream I had the impression that even though they are supposedly archenemies, they are actually on the same side, the side of power and authority. Thus, the governor's phone call to Jim was going to be a joke between cronies, and I was going to be the butt of that joke. But the governor's sons were sincere, especially the dark-haired boy. The cold and aloof governor's wife seems to me to be that aspect of myself that it cold toward the more assertive actions I took in the dream. Cold toward my wanting to integrate the four sons into my self. She doesn't want it to happen. I hadn't thought of the bodyguard as being a part of me. The one name I could remember was Hal, which is somewhat similar to my own name. I thought of my knowing the name of the bodyguard as my way to pass as someone who has a right to be in the mansion. But the bodyguard also would be a masculine part that is on the side of authority. His whole life is bound up in protecting those in power. It would fit that the bodyguard part of me has a large stake in protecting those in authority, whether people or institutions.
Your comment about my father made me think about what he did give me. Yes, he definitely had a kind of quiet courage. He was very unusual in that he didn't buy most of the propaganda of society. He lived surrounded by people who were always on the more conservative side of every question, but he quietly followed his own path. I think there is something to be said for combining that quiet confidence and assurance of who you are with the willingness to take bold action. Thanks again. Harriett

stats from 7-14-10 to the present