Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer camp?

I was carted off somewhere, picked up by a woman and another person. They dragged me along in a yellow box-like thing, yet somehow I was also on the back of the truck, feeling the pain of the ‘me’ in the box. The woman said something about ‘pain tremors’, but I couldn’t hear her well. Everything was getting smoky, like I was watching through a screen which was getting thicker the more I felt.
I don’t remember where I was next exactly, but it was some sort of hospital, or perhaps a facility of some sort. All I remember is that something horrible happened there, trying to ‘cure’ me.
I was dropped off at the place I was before, a wooded area with a dirt road near a lake, with picnic tables. I was clutching a notebook to my chest (my writing notebook, given to me by a friend a few years ago), and I didn’t say anything to anyone, though very few of the few people who were there seemed to care or worry. I went to a picnic table, sat, and measured and sorted Play-Dough colors from a pack (which I received for Christmas in the waking world) to match paint. I measured them out in this short, cylindrical brass cup. I took a few drops of the oil from a not-well-mixed paint jar and dripped it into the lid of a black Play-Dough, which made the same shade of black, just shiny.
It jumped to this woman trying to push me into the lake, saying that I needed to face my fears of water sooner or later. Another woman behind me told her that this was probably not the best way to go about it, but she insisted. I ran in the other direction, back up the dirt road, up the hill.
I came out to the picnic table area, where there were now a lot more people. I stood next to someone I apparently knew, and an old friend of mine (call him Will) walked up to me and the person I was with and said that he’d just gotten out of a correctional facility, and that he was very happy about it. I thought something like, ‘If he’d come to me earlier I could have helped him’, talking about the stay he had had, thinking that he was lucky.

The things that seemed strangest to me were that I never said a word in the entire dream and that I had my notebook throughout all of it. It was a strange dream, and a bit frightening.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Summer camp?

Hi Sera

I think I may have a potential meaning for this dream, but want to establish some background before hand.

You mention the prominance of holding your notebook through the entirity of the dream, a writing notebook gifted from a friend. Is writing a hobby of yours, and if so what kind of writing do you do?

Kind regards,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yes, I suppose it's significant. I'm planning on writing as a career, and it's been a passion of mine for some time now.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sorry, type of writing. I mostly do poetry, some short stories, and have several novels which haven't exactly decided to be done yet. I also 'teach' a small writing class on a chat site.

Hey Sera

Being that I am a wannabe writer (its my passion, but my career lies elsewhere, until I slay a few metaphorical dragons) I feel a connection with this dream. I will tell you what I see.

The initial part of the dream screams at me of writer block, particularly the part of looking through a screen that gets thicker the more you feel.

Prior to this you are being dragged along in a yellow box-like thing, being dragged along by a woman and another person, or a truck. Yellow is the colour of consciousness / intelligence. The box could represent yourself or your psychce, being dragged along by the unconscious, but what jumped out at me (and in my eyes fits with the later parts of the dream) is perhaps a feeling of being boxed in, categorised if you will. This is why I asked what type of writing you do, I find a lot of people say they operate in a genre, and they limit themselves to that one particular genre (because it is that which they enjoy). This could result in restrictions in your creativity. You write a diverse number of styles, but do you feel 'boxed' like this (which causes "pain")?

Otherwise it could potentially be your unconscious trying to 'drag' you along your path, and you are not consciously in control of the direction your life is going. Perhaps you are trying to see what is going to happen (which is smoky and you can't see it because it is as yet unwritten) rather than planning for something to happen and making that happen. Are you metaphorically 'riding on the back of a truck' with your life and seeing where it takes you?

The part about being in hospital sounds like some unconscious attempt to right this, but it sounds like it hasn't worked.

You then end up at the start again "at the place I was before". It sounds like an unconscious loop, your unconscious trying to tell you something, but its not working.

The overall theme of this scene is working with Play-Dough, sculpting and playing with colours (sorry about the spelling I'm an Aussie) "to match paint". To me this is a similar theme again. You are sculpting your creative subject to match something. The same colour, "but shiny". You are measuring them out in a cylindrical brass cup. Brass symbolises "deception, falsehood and deceitfulness", cup is your spiritual self. It seems to be asking is your writing a true expression of your spiritual self or are you trying to match something external to yourself?

This then leads onto the next part of the dream of the lady trying to push you into the lake. This part of the dream speaks volumes to me.

Taking the lake as symbolising your unconscious, the dream seems to be indicating that you need to immerse yourself in the unconscious. The dialogue that follows is interesting, as this seems to be indicating the initiating of Jung's individuation process. This process doesn't usually start until mid-life, which might be a part of you thinks its "probably not the best way to go about it" but the other aspect is saying that you will face these fears sooner or later. Your instinct is to run from this. Girard, if your reading this I would appreciate some input on this.

The part that strikes me however, is that the best writing I do doesn't come from my direct thought, it happens when I am almost like channeling my unconscious. When I overthink my writing it isn't as good, but every now and then I 'tap in' or perhaps metaphorically find the lake and jump in it, and produce magic. Sometimes I feel like it isn't really me writing it but perhaps my subconscious using my style of writing. I don't know if this strikes you in any way, but it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

Again you return to the beginning of the cycle. This next part I can not really say anything about, asides from again it has the theme of a 'correctional facility' trying to fix the 'problem'. I think the clue will be in the character of Will, as an expression of that side of you that needs correcting. I would brainstorm how you percieve Will and that may give you clues as to the aspect of you that is trying to be fixed.

Hope that helps,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Sera & Rook,
I'll take a look at this dream later tonite.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Sera,
The dream seems to be pointing to inner emotional pain that needs to be healed. But the healing process itself may be taking an emotional toll. Earlier life experiences are probably where these painful emotions had their origins.

Have you found an avenue to express yourself? The notebook that you hold onto so dearly in the dream may represent such an avenue which in turn would point to your writing as a way to express your emotions. Is that what you do when you are writing, expressing your inner self?

The expressions you are truly needing to make are about those painful events in your life. Unconsciously they have a hold o you and by expressing the emotions associated with the experiences you give a voice to the inner turmoil. You need to let these emotions out so they are no longer confined {correctional facility} to the unconscious world and are instead have a consciously awareness. Your writing is one avenue to doing this but you may need more to be able to 'correct' the emotional damage. Do you have a counselor at your school you can talk to about such matters?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Rook:

It's always nice to meet another writer! ^.^ Good luck to you.

I suppose I am feeling a bit boxed in. I recently took up sketching, though I have friends who are good at it, and I'm not so talented. I really haven't been writing much lately, there's been so much going on in my life. I guess what you're trying to say is that I've been taking the backseat, not giving myself much of a say in my life.

I agree, the best writing comes from deeper than consciousness. Often, it feels more as though my characters are telling me what happened, as opposed to me creating the story as I go; it's already happened, I just need to figure out the truth.

Will has a few problems he needs to work through, but he's a nice guy. He thinks a bit too highly of himself sometimes, but he's nice.

Gerard:

My notebook is like my lifeline. I got it from a friend who felt the same way about her notebook, and gave it to me on the condition that I would love it as much as she loved hers.

It sometimes feels as though there are several inner selves, not just one self. I have a tiny forum in my head, it seems, where friends, selves, and characters go to weigh in on a situation that needs thinking about. It's helpful most of the time, but there are times when the vote is divided, and it can get quite confusing.

Yes, we have a school counselor, and I've actually been contemplating whether I should talk to her or not, but it's a bit embarassing, especially since my closest friend is seeing her every so often.

It's hard for me to ask for help. Usually I'm the help, not the helped. For some reason, even with people I don't know, people like to talk to me because I give advice and don't pry (at least, I'm guessing that's why). Usually I deal with things on my own. But I'll try.

Is it possible to remember something but have no memory of it? Does that even make any sense? Is it possible to have a feeling that something happened, but when you go back through your memories, it never actually happened? It's been bugging me for quite a while now.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present