Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Runaway car

In my dream I was on a residential street of older well-built houses and mature shade trees. I think I was visiting someone. I seem to remember being in and out of a house, or perhaps in and out of conversation. I noticed that my car had moved from where I’d parked it originally. In the dream I was aware that the car was an upgrade from any I had owned previously, and was feeling that while it was an improvement, there was more to lose if something happened to it. A bit later I noticed that it had moved again. I thought I saw it moving on its own, but thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I did wonder if I had left the car in neutral without a parking break on, (which I thought was highly unlikely because I am not careless). I looked to see if anyone was in it; there was not. Again I saw the car moving backwards and was worried that it would crash into another car or house, or otherwise cause damage. I was worried not only about my car causing damage, but of the financial responsibility that damage would create.

The car did go careening down the residential street and across an arterial. It came to rest in a large pile of snow. (I don’t think there was any snow on the residential street.) It didn’t look like any damage had been done to my car or anything else, though I was wondering if I’d be able to get the car unstuck.

I got in the driver’s side door and saw that someone had been in my car. The window gasket on the passenger’s side had been pulled loose. I thought that that was how they had gotten in the car somehow. At this point in the dream, the vehicle seemed more like a truck, or maybe an RV. The cab was a mess – stuff strewn everywhere. Whoever had gotten in had ransacked it. I wondered if they had been looking for something in particular. There were all sorts of things I hadn’t even know I had – kids toys, clothing, lots of little things. Nothing seemed to be broken or missing, (I was thinking that even if it was, it was not of much value and wouldn’t be missed.)

I don’t remember if I got the vehicle out of the snow or not. I think it ended with me assessing the mess, and feeling a bit overwhelmed at the work I needed to do to clean it all up.

I appreciate your time and attention,
Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 years old - NC WA State

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Runaway car

Lynn,
These older well built houses and mature shade trees is most likely metaphors that describe some aspect{s} of you. Visiting that someone probably indicate you are given emotional energy to these aspects. The conversation is within you, between and about different aspects that make up your psyche. The parked car has moved, perhaps to a better position, the car being you. There may be are may need to be {depending on the conditions in your present waking life} improvements. Moving on its on may indicate life itself. These movements, although natural, seem surprising and have parts that may be alarming. One aspect the dream is probably addressing may be financial. How has that improved, if at all, in your life span? Is there a fear you may be going backwards financially? It may be a concern but the overall context seems to be about life in general, and perhaps mid-life issues in particular. You you feel stuck in some emotional context {snow}? Again, it may have to do with mid-life issues in general and perhaps financial worries in particular.

Is there a need to take back control of certain aspects of your life, where someone else, or some aspect of your own psyche, has had control?

The description of the car, or seemingly a truck {carrying a load} or RV {your whole self} would be a description of yourself in some capacity {again, looking at mid-life issues}. Something about your life has been ransacked {we all have such messy experiences that we must confront, at mid-life}.

Are you looking for something in particular in your life? It could be that something having to do with meaning {which often comes up at mid-life as an important issue}.You seem to have lived a particularly uneventful emotional life {including childhood], nothing seems to be really broken about your life. Or is it?

Mid-life is all about 'assessing the mess' we create in a lifetime. TS Eliot's famous poem the Wasteland is all about looking back and seeing a wasteland in most of our lives. This is a natural aspect of growing older and entering, and enduring mid-life. I sense this dream is about those issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thank you. Yes, Your response makes a world of sense. I am dealing with mid-life issues in a big way. I'm planning to move from my home of 15 years in order to go to graduate school and pick up a career in teaching that I left years ago in order to raise my own kids. I'm 50, I have a son who just turned 19 and a daughter just turning 16. There is certainly some financial risk involved , but also the potential for gain. There is also emotional risk involved.

I have felt stuck - financially and creatively, not so much emotionally. I have been wanting partnership for some time, (have been single for over seven years), and feel like I need to move in order to find that. I live in a rural isolated mountain valley where the pickens are indeed slim.

I am in a long-distance relationship (for 5 months) with a man who I feel has ransacked my life in some ways. Our relationship has a depth and complexity I have not experienced before. Some assumptions I've had about who I am have been rocked. The long-distance aspect though is preventing progress that might otherwise be realized.

In some ways I feel like I have been doing real life's work here - raising my children, creating and participating in community, developing and sustaining profound friendships, self-development and growth. Now, to stay here, I would, in effect, need to take vows of poverty and celibacy (single status). I don't want to do either. It feels like time to move on.

This is a small and protected place. I do have some fears about going out into the big bad world, the real world. I wonder about all the insignificant stuff strewn about. It could symbolize my work - jobs I've had here far below my level of capability, or partnership - also far below my level of capability. There are a lot of details to attend to in order to make my move happen. I need to re-finance my house, get funding for school figured out, deal with all my stuff. It does feel overwhelming. I'm not moving as fast as I would like. It's all just stuff that needs to be dealt with. But it is stuff that needs to be dealt with in order for me to get unstuck, to move on.

Thanks again for your time and attention.
Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 years old - NC WA State

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Lynn,
Thanks for the response. It does appear you are moving forward at a time when such things can be very difficult to do {mid-life}. But there is a positive attitude about your approach and that is very important. Perhaps the best advice I can offer is 'one day at a time'. And as you probably already know, with discipline and keeoing your focus on your intentions, days become months and months become years and what was once just a vision becomes reality. Stay the path, listen to your heart and all things will fall into place.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present