Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dancing killer

Hi, and thank you for welcoming me back. I have just moved to a new appartement with my family, and there has been a lot going on with fixing up the place, so I haven't found the time or focus to work with my dreams in a while. But as always, I start feeling like something important is missing, and this feeling always brings me back to my dreamwork. So here is a part of this night's dreaming that i think maybe has some meaning to it:

In this dream I'm some sort of criminal investigator, most likely a profiler. It is all very tv-series style, I'm working in a team, and I'm the leader. I'm a man in this dream. My team is chasing a murderer, two murders have been comitted by the same man. I'm discussing his profile and his methods on the cell-phone with my female collegue. The murderer appears almost naked, fur/skins around his waist, almost indian-like, but he is white, he has a wild look in his eyes and a grin on his face. He is a really grotesque figure, and when he is out to kill he is walking/dancing/babbling , like crazy or in a trance ( a strong feeling that he is not really in this world) I see him in m thoughts as i speak to my collegue. He is searching through a rural desert area, finds a crowd of people who are gathered for some reason, a market/ festival, and in this crowd he kills someone. This has been the method of the two murders we are investigating.

It has also been a third murder, previous to the other murders, an unsolved case to our team. The murder took place at the funeral of a little girl who was also killed by this man (no logic in the cronology here) I get the snese she was 7 years when she was killed. I'm now on a field trip to the village where the funeral took place. It's out in the desert, I get the sense I'm somewhere in South america, maybe in mexico. I come to a place, walking a narrow road between old wall-like structures of brick stone, the walls come together over an opening like a reverse V, I picture the man and his crazy dancing/walking/ babbling, searching through this place and finding the crowd of people at the funeral just after going through the reverse V opening. I'm still talking on the phone with my collegue, I'm starting to see how these cases are connected, and I tell her that I think this murder too was committed by the same man. We agree on this theory, and then I say to her, like the answer to my question will give us the final clue to catch the killer " ..But WHERE did he get his dancing-skills from??"

I look forward to hear your thought on this.. it's good to be back :)

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dancing killer

Inanna,
Welcome back. And a special warm welcome to Pippi.

Dreams can be looked at as very much like a TV series. Or a movie. The series is about you and your life.

Working as a team sounds very positive as you investigate aspects of your life. The murders may represent those things you have or need to put an end to, negative aspects in your life. Trying to adequately expose {almost naked} all there is to know about these aspects is what dreams are about. These particular aspects in your life were/are grotesque, enough so they seem to be unreal. These negative aspects are/were threatening to what should be a happy life {festival}. Whatever the aspects that are involved they are related {two people could be the two aspects}.

The unsolved murder may be unresolved aspects. The little girl may be pointing to your own childhood. Is the age seven have any special meaning to you? All these aspects are connected, probably noting your own life experiences that are connected.
The dancing skills may be you ability to survive and prosper even though you have had a tough time growing up. As with most of us you have those negative childhood experiences that often stunt personal growth and get in the way of a balanced and harmonious adult life. Your investigation {partly through your dreams} is an assessment of those experiences in an attempt to right the ship that is/was out of balance.

Note. I say is/was, as pointing to what you have already examined from your past and those things that may need more examination. I believe you have come a long way in your desire for personal growth and your 'dancing skills' have helped with that and are becoming more enabled with your self examination.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,
Thank you for your interpreatation. It is true that I've been investigating for quite some time, and I feel that I've solved some "cases". Still I have this "killer" in my life, he comes into life when I encounter something that reminds me of bad experiences from the past. And the result is quite grotesque; I lose contact with reality and I become drawn into some sort of trance, where the world I precieve is dark and full of dangers and madness. I don't trust anyone, because I feel his precense everywhere, and I feel like he could be hiding in everyone.
I think this points to my bad experiences with the negative masculine energy, or the lack of the positive masculine energy earlier in my life. The funny thing is that this negative masculine energy is reflected in my own behavior. I become very aggressive, mostly towards myself, mentally beating myself up for not beeing good enough. And I feel so alone, like I'm just totally crazy, and I also get angry at my boyfriend because he doesn't seem to understand what I'm going through.

But by facing this "killer" I've come to learn a lot about him, so I guess now I have a feeling saying; If only I had this last bit of information about him, I would be able to catch him. I liked your idea of the killer showing me both the problem and the solution. The dancing skills.. the ability to lose himself in a trance, what if the trance was a positive one, used to create instead of killing? I'm convinced that my, at times very dominating and forceful, dark side is showing me a potential, that if only I could turn this energy around to it's oposite, the problem would be solved... Also, in the dream, I'm a male figure, talking to a female collegue. Maybe this means I've started to use some of my positive masculine aspects to better undrestand the killer and find a way to stop him? Instead of submitting myself to the killer, I'm activly going after him and "objectively" investigating him?

I had a new dream last night that I'll post today. Funny how the dreams seem to "know" that I'm back again!

:) Inanna (Pippi says hello too!)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Inanna,
Let me look at the other dream and provide an assessment of it. There may be a simple answer to what is required now that you have begun to recognize these inner masculine tendencies. It may be a matter of controlling those once unconscious but now recognized forces. It may come down to an ability to discipline in controlling such forces.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present