Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pet Sharks...

Dream: I went to visit an ex of my partner who still sees the step-daughter. This man quite often ‘rescues’ animals from nature, and helps nurse them back to health (or in other words, takes in wild animals and takes them on as pets). He had a beach with a shark net in it. He was keeping sharks. He was explaining that it wasn’t dangerous, he opened the net and a shark came swimming in. He wrestled with it and opened its mouth, sticking his head inbetween sharp teeth exaggerated in size to show that it wasn’t dangerous.

I have interpreted this dream myself, but want to see what others may see within it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Pet Sharks...

Rook,
You have an unfair advantage in interpreting your own dream. You know all about yourself and your life. All I know is what has been posted at the Forum. Since that is the case I will not engage in an unfair disadvantage that could make me look foolish.

Gotcha! I have accepted the fact I will always look foolish to someone. So let me try once again to fill the role of the fool {which is a part of the role of the Trickster for which I most identify with}.

The ex is a man who rescues animals from nature. What does that say about you {since the dream is about you}? And nurses them back to health. Was that a part of the relationship with your ex, or a part that was lacking in the relationship?

The shark. Again what is this say about you? What aspects should be dangerous but after 'wrestling' with the idea turns out to be exaggerated? It could be about that past relationship with your ex or it could be speaking to inner conditions. Or both.

Since you have an unfair advantage, I feel I will be once again become the fool.
Have mercy on the fool.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Pet Sharks...

Jerry

The ex is my partner's ex, not mine, just for the record, but I feel your questions are still very applicable.

I am trying to see the application of this symbol, initially I was looking at it from a base perspective of confronting fears in the symbol of the shark (probably my biggest phobia - particularly lately as there was recently a shark attack at the latest beach I have been at) and perhaps that I exagerate the 'bite' of my fears.

But after reading your questions I suppose there is something additionally significant there. See, this ex caused something of a psychological complex in my partner, which basically revolves around a shattered confidence in her body-image. Basically she looks to me to make her feel beautiful, and I try everything I can to do this in a positive manner, ie doing nice things for her, telling her over and over she is beautiful and looks great in that dress, and I mean it. Which makes it difficult when she constantly denys it, and fails to see this.

I have recently struck up a pen pal after interpretting a dream (on another forum), and this is one of the issues she has, complex body-image issues that are exaggerated. The issue I feel is not in the body, or the hair style, but in the mind. This is made exceptionally clear to me as she speaks of how she felt the same way when she was in high school and she was 'crazy' to feel that way back then. But to me trying to explain this seems negative, like admitting to her that she has a problem, the ramifications of which I am afraid of. This problem will never go away, and I am wondering if the consequences of trying to help her by explaining this to her is the exaggerated sharks teeth?

This is a re-occuring problem in my relationships as my partner often looks to me to solve their complex psychological issues (esp in my first ex even though she would never tell me what that psychological issue was, so she was trying to get me to help her through something I didn't understand, and was only in my late teens / early twenties at the time and felt unqualified to tackle such psychological issues. I saw myself as becoming the victim of this psychological hangup, the venting source, basically by being a source of non-aggressive conflict).

This has come up several times over the last week or so, as well as in the dream assistance aquaintance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present