Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back-to-back dreams

Alright, here goes. After the first dream I fell back asleep and had the second dream.

I was getting ready for some special event. My grandma was there, and so were maybe three other girls whom I have never met before. There was a bit before this, but I remember getting out of a bathtub. I noticed a spider, or maybe a tick, on the end of my finger, and tried to squish it with two fingers instead of waving my hand around trying to get it off. I looked back over to the tub, and I saw a hole n the wall near the faucet filled with orange eggs, the same color as the spider. I could barely see the actual tub, because there were people in the way, but the water was now full of tiny bugs. I decided that it wasn't important, it was done, and forgot about it. My grandma then led me to a jewelry box and told me to pick something out. I didn't like much of it, but I picked out a black cord necklace with a small stone on the end of it. Grandma (who hadn't been noticed until now)held up a black, white, and yellow striped shirt, picked up a yellow and black necklace, and told me to wear those things. I agreed. Then I walked into another room, and Grandma was sitting there. My mom came in behind me and slipped this beautiful pinkish/rose colored shirt over my head. Mom laced up the back (apparently a corset shirt) until I couldn't really breathe very well.

That's where that one ended.

The second one started in the middle of a kind of circular water thing. (Imagine a water park ride, the one where you sit in the tube, the sides are all cement, and it circles around. I believe it's called the lazy river or something?)I was in the water, fully dressed in street clothes, and there were people there, but only one in the water (also street clothes), a woman. The water was a bit gross, yellowed. For some reason I held my breathe and just kind of floated in the water along the river (no one could see me from where I was standing). I went past once and they didn't notice. I went around the second time, thinking that I couldn't hold my breathe much longer, and the woman pulled me out. For some reason I really trusted her. She decided that I should be on her team to try to find out what had happened there. There was a big, jagged hole next to the river, and there had been an explosion. I went around to the other side of some boxes, and saw a person dart out from behind them and start running. I called to the woman, and tried to catch the guy, but he jumped into the hole and disappeared, and everyone knew that once you went into that hole that he had created, you never came out again.

I hope, as always, that you can shed some light on my dreams. ^.^

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Back-to-back dreams

Sera, I do not feel I have a good handle on your back-to-back dreams, just a few observations that might be helpful. We'll see. : )

My dream background in mostly Jungian, so I come at it from that standpoint.

In the first dream you mention 3 women, besides your Grandma, I believe. To me these would represent your shadow aspects, and the fact that there are 3 mentioned suggests possibly that some transformation is taking place in you.

I notice that there is a Grandma who seems to be trusted in the first dream and a trusted woman in the second, so they may represent a similar theme in each dream of a wise shadow part of you or in some other way a wise aspect to whom you can turn inside, or whose wisdom you can take to heart, sort of a part of you that is looking after things for you and wishing to lead you in a healthy way, would be my guess.

Both dreams also have yellow, which can mean different things to different people but often means caution, fear, or anxiety. Anxiety or fear often have to do with not taking full breaths, and in both dreams there is a lack of full breathing at times, either because the persona (shirt) your mother shadow has you put on, though appealing in some ways (beautiful), is very constraining (like a corset), or because you feel you must hold your breath while going around the circular waterway.

I wonder what the holding the breath means. For me, it might imply a resistance to some experience, but that may not be true for you. However, since it occurs while you are in the circular waterway, and that suggests to me the unconscious, feelings, or intuitional side, it seems you are trying to avoid taking in too much of that side of your potential experience.

Combined with the first dream, it might mean that what you think you ought to be, or how you think your persona (what we show to others) ought to appear is rather conventional but that is too limiting for you, keeping out some of the really vital, creative, fun stuff which mainly comes from the emotions, intuition, and unconscious.

It seems maybe you have an issue with trying to be or do or appear something that is not really YOU, would be my guess.

In the second dream there is mention of being fully dressed (having all your persona intact as opposed to open and intimate or genuine or spontaneous) though in the midst of the creative, intuitional, emotional side (all that circular waterway).

In the first dream you are just getting out of the bathtub, where again there would have been the theme of the unconscious, intuition, and emotions (the bath water) but at first you would have been unclothed as one is just on getting out, and so more in touch perhaps with your authentic self, not having one's public or acceptable self (clothed) yet on display.

There is also a hole. I do not know what that is about, but it seems there must be significance to it, since it appears in one form or another in both. The hole seems kind of scary since once one goes through it, one does not see that person again.

The is a lot of color in the dreams and I am not really good about them as symbols. Black and white can sometimes mean that things are seen as black and white, more clear than they really are, because reality has more nuances or shades of gray.

To me, the stone in the necklace, as well as the necklace itself and the eggs, may be symbols of unity within oneself and so are highly positive, I think.

Eggs of course are also food and so symbols of receiving healthy nutrition, but may be fertility symbols, a sign of new beginnings of some type for you perhaps.

I am encouraged that there are several eggs in the hole in the first dream, which seem to reinforce the ideas of unity or wholeness plus nurturance and fertility.

The spider that may be a tick on your finger and later the large number of bugs in or around the tub suggest to me some things that are bugging you, which perhaps can be dealt with or washed off in the bathtub, a way of cleansing yourself in the unconscious, intuitional, feelings side of things.

In a way, that suggests to me sleep and dreams, as though each night you again bathe in the dream realm which is nothing if not your creative, unconscious, intuitional side, and it helps cleanse you of what is bugging you, so that you can just ignore them and, refreshed, you can get ready and out of the bath to go on with the next day, get dressed in your appropriate persona for that day or for the people you'll be with, etc.

I suspect you have a different public image or way of presenting yourself or relating with your grandma vs. your mother, and these also represent different shadow sides of you.

The (spider or) tick could also be some aspect of yourself that is kind of tic-like, the psyche's equivalent of a facial tic, a way that you automatically respond to things but which may not be in your best interest. Most everyone has these to one degree or another.

The holes in both dreams might mean there is a sense of something missing or incomplete.

All in all, I think they are positive dreams, indicating trusted parts of your shadow self or wise teacher self, aspects of unity, and, even if you are not fully comfortable with them, strong elements of your richly creative, intuitional, feelings side.

But other themes that might be relevant are some caution or fear to be overcome, some holes that may be voids in your life or sense of self, needing to be filled with meaningful things, and issues about whether in different situations to take on this or that persona or to be simply spontaneously yourself, and whether to follow the suggestions of your internal mother (whose counsel - or identity for you - you may see as too confining) or your internal grandma/trusted woman self.

Anyway, for what it's worth, there's a little feedback, and maybe some of it might assist. Hope so. [I do not yet know how to use the smiles, so I'll just add my own :) ]

Cheers!

Larry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65 Austin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Sera,
Digest what Larry has to offer and then provide your thoughts. I'll give my take on the dreams after that.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

That's certainly a bit to digest. Let me clarify some things, and give my views.

The trying to squash the tick between two fingers is the slowest way possible to get the silly thing off. And the eggs are more of a neon orange (think traffic cones), the eggs of the tick/spider. The bugs in the tub were disgusting, as were the eggs.

As for the women being shadow aspects, I would tend to agree with you. In the dream I knew them, but upon waking couldn't recall who they were or what they looked like. As I have posted previously, at times my head feels too full to house everyone, but that seems to be a surprisingly common complaint at at least some time. And I would also agree on the wise self, as there are times when I say or write something, step back, and say "Woah, did that just come from me? Really?"

With the breath-holding bit, you're saying that I'm resisting what my unconscious has to let me know or experience? I'm not quite sure I understand.

It's hard, sometimes, to try to be what different people want and need you to be. I understand what you're saying about slipping in and out of personas like costumes, none of them quite fitting or quite right, but workable. I tend to be the type who listens, not the type who talks. It's hard for me to open up to people, especially important ones.

About the hole: in the first dream it is partially filled and disgusting, the second newly made, empty, and terrifying. I'm not quite sure what it's about either.

The bugs weren't washed off. It's more that they came to be there because I was in the bath in the first place.

~Sera

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present