Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death - Unniversity - Magic Realm

Hello!

I lost my grandma 2 years ago, but it seems like yesterday. I dream about her almost every night and it's always the same thematic: Some situation going on, then suddenly I remember that it's been a long time since I last talked to her (I used to call her everyday when she was alive.) Then I go to her apartment and she doesn't recognize me. It's awful. That's what dreamed last night, followed by:

I'm arriving at the university, then suddenly I'm approached by a tall and sturdy knight alongside with his little pink faery and his green unicorn. He's very friendly and tells me that I'm being called at some place - don't remember where or why. So we take off up a mountain through the rivers, deep into the woods till we get to the house of this old lady wearing glasses and funny clothes. Then we all sit and eat her delicious rich fruit pies.

I don't know what could I relate to this part. I can only say that I'm having a hard time at the universy because change courses a lot and can never find what really is my call. I spoke to a psychologist once and he told me that I rather not to show my true talents because I feel guilty about it.

What do you think about this dreams?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27/ BR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Death - Unniversity - Magic Realm

Ntala,
The added info may hold the clue to what these dreams are about. Your grandmother would represent the wise self. You need something, and possibly someone, to rescue you. There may be more than one thing you need rescue from. The first, and most likely the primary focus of the dreams, would be your 'calling' in life, that thing you want to study at the university. The rescue comes from the deepest psyche, the true self. This place is where the molding of myths are to be found, and myths share the same language of dreams. The sturdy knight, the faerie and unicorn. These come from the creative self, the truest self, that person you wish to be most. To partake in this aspect of the soul is to indulge in the richness of the creative mind, a feminine aspect {eat her delicious rich fruit pies}.

Your indecision on what to follow in your studies. This is common stuff for those who are at the beginning of their search. And there is a simple answer, one that Joseph Campbell taught throughout his life, something that many of us who participate at the Dream Forum are actively engaged. It is known as 'following your bliss'. Doing that thing in life you love most. Not something you do for money but something you do because it is your love of doing, your calling, your bliss. It has been referred to as having a job you would do without pay simply because you love doing it. The hardy knight is waiting to rescue you, the imagination is wanting to present itself, the bliss in life is from the creative self, or giving of oneself for a higher purpose.

What is it you love most doing? That should be what you study in college, and make your life's work. Not doing what society dictates but what the soul wishes for. Have you discovered what that is? If not then focus on that. I believe the hardy knight will show itself.

The hardy knight may also be a waking aspect also. How is your romantic life? Are you waiting for that shining knight to rescue you? This would be a secondary aspect to the dreams. The primary focus would be on the 'bliss' in your life.

Would not that be your grandmother's advise?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Death - University - Magic Realm

Actually it was. I know how much money is important and hoe it opens many doors. Everybody is always giving me the same advise: "First money. Then else."

Why is it so difficult to do what we really want? This trouble I'm going through is so infantile afterall, isn't?

It's always good talking to you, Gerald. Thanks for your wise words.

(I've seen you're also prepared for 2012, through your cult page Let there be change and humanity.

Hugs.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27/BR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Death - Unniversity - Magic Realm

Ntala,
They aren't infantile for you. They are life circumstances. And with most of us they can be so demanding it is difficult to 'follow your bliss'. The task is first to discover what your bliss is and then go for it. Not for money but for the love of it. The money will come when you need it.

Good luck, and stay the course.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present