Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fairytale dream

Here's the dream I had last night. This one too has soe starnge twists around the masculine/feminine theme..

I'm in a appartement/penthouse on the upper deck of a giant ship. I'm living there with the captain, he is my partner or housband, but he is much older than me, and I'm not there by free will, I'm his captive. Now, there is a party on the boat, and I'm standing by the stairway with a man and a woman, which I feel are on my side, supporting me. I have a plan to escape down the stairs, but I know there are special rules for me, I can't touch the floor (or the steps), if I do, I'm back up there again. In front of me, on the handrail of the stair, stands a glass of white wine. I've been drinking a few glasses, I think. I can hear the captain chanting a spell, like he knows about my plan. He says something like: "...she who drank too much wine, will go spinning round and around.." I understand that he wants me to lose my balance and fail in my attempt to escape. I look to my left where the man and woman is standing with me. I feel their support, especially the support from the man, and I decide to just focus and try to resist the spell. I start to slide down the handrail, it is broad enough for me to sit on and decorated in princess/fairytale style, very feminine. The stair is not a spiral stair, but descends in quadratic sections, so I have to make a turn on every floor. All the way down, there are young good looking fashionable people who are guests at this party.

When I reach the ground floor, I go outside. I can hear the captain swearing, and then I see a transparent plastic ball, the size of a football, rolling down the stairs and pass me by. Inside there are flickering lights, but when the ball stops in front of me, it cracks open, and I can se that it is just a cheap trick. I know that it was the captain who threw the ball after me, trying to convince me of his magical powers.

Next, I'm back on the upper deck, now I am the man who stood next to me in the stairs, and I feel like I'm the hero that has rescued the princess (me) I'm confronting the captain, telling him that we (the princess-me and the hero-me, who are now a couple of course) have new plans for this place, that we are going to tear down some of the rooms to make the outdoor area bigger, and that we are going to make it into a garden for the kids to play in. The captain has realized his defeat, and he even admits that he thinks we are going to make this a better place than he ever could.

Somewhere in the same dream but before this part, I remember that I was beeing attacked by a fairytale animal (not sure what you call them in English, but they are a cross between eagle and a lion, called "griff" in norwegian )This one was black and and it was attacking me from the air, as i was climbing the outside of a large building (maybe the ship?) in the night.

So.. what do you think?

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Fairytale dream

Inanna,
Being held captive by an older masculine aspect. Perhaps something to do with a 'spell' that aspect has cast onto you. Something perhaps from childhood {father} or a current relationship {or both}. The support could be your own will to balance {man and woman} your life with other 'activities'. Losing you balance and falling, perhaps to some intoxicating agent {wine}. But you are fighting back, consciously balancing yourself {man and woman support}. Your masculine aspects are getting stronger {man giving support}. You are focusing on the positive to get rid of the 'spell' {negative aspects}. Downward descents are often symbolic of unconscious aspects. Fashionable people, perhaps positive fashions of yourself that are beginning to show up in your conscious search for personal growth.

Going outside may represent actual waking experiences. What 'tricks' are currently being played in your life? They may become 'transparent' {visible} when analyzed in an objective manner. Look to the masculine aspects, those that hold 'seemingly' magical powers over you.

It is those masculine aspects you possess that will save you {courage and strength?}. You have to rescue yourself {as is the case in all hero paths}. You are expanding your life, giving 'new' life to personal growth {garden and children}. You are defeating those negative aspects.

Could the griff be the griffin of fairy tales?

Perhaps one of those stories can offer insights to your own psyche/personality. There are a number of mythological tales involving the griffin. A search may provide such insights.

I see this as a very positive dream. The fact you are taking control in the dream would be reflective of waking experiences. Could part of that have to going to the gym {thought of as a masculine quality by some}? Taking control of your life, accenting the positives and banishing the negatives. Sounds like real progress to me.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Jerry.
I feel like I'm getting more in control of my life, and I don't really believe in the "spell" anymore. I really think going to the gym has helped me get in touch with my positive masculine energy. I've also had some really great experiences lately, where I've trusted my own creative powers and ability to lead and inspire others, both grown-ups and children in my surroundings. I get very positive feedback, and I see that I have a strong ability to help people be creative.
I still sometimes struggle with believing in myself, but surely all the positive experiences make it hard to believe that I'm not worthy. When I see that I'm really helping others, I can't tell myself that I'm not good enough. I'm forced to see my own qualities.
I think the "support" in the dream is just that: Believing in myself.

I'm very grateful for your support also. It helps a lot!

I'll do a search on the griffin, and give some comments on what I found. It was a black griffin, looking almost exactly like the picture..

Dream on! (and I mean that in a positive way :))

Inanna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Fairytale dream_Everyone take note of this post

Inanna,
I do believe your trips to the gym are important in 'dispelling' the spell. Although it was 1992 before I discovered Joseph Campbell and my path to wholeness, it was in 1979 when I first began my exercise program {I lost 40 lbs within a year} that I began my transition to being a more disciplined person. It was a lifestyle change {and has to be to work} which I have stayed with ever since. And I can see the same possibilities in your life. The focus is away from the mental abyss to a physical revitalization which in turn provides a mental change of focus from the negative to the positive. It may sound like hoodoo but it works. Stay the path and you will realize beyond your greatest expectations the most positive aspects within yourself. And when things seem the darkest, and there will always be those dark days, going to the gym and releasing the built up stresses will be the 'medicine' you need to move forward.

I sense a real positive change here and I know Pippi would approve. And I encourage everyone who reads of your progress to pay attention. Not only is this a physical progress that benefits you mentally, it is also something that will pay dividends years from now. A quick story of a recent experience of mine.

Last November I attended {and helped form} my 40th year high school reunion {here is the website I built for my high school class of 1968 Hume Fogg Class of '68}. There were maybe 70=75 people who attended and we did have a great time. But I was disappointed to see that the greatest majority were overweight and out of shape. And 17 students had passed away, all of natural causes. I felt I was in the company of many grandpas and grandmas {I luv being a grandfather but not looking like one}. Most looked old, too old for someone in their late 50s {in this day and age 60 is still young, or should be}. And most were suffering from some type of illness due to their sedentary lifestyle. The old adage 'pay me now or pay me later' was obviously something most were paying for at this stage in their lives. I take a multi-vitamin and two daily doses of fiber. That is it medicine wise. Most of my former school mates were having to take prescribed medicines , many of which had side effects that were often worst than the cure. My thoughts were, "To be in a state of reliance on medications to merely survive, is that how a person wants to live the best years of their life?" There is a better way and it involves taking control of the life and improving it physically, mentally and spiritually. Most people can't get past the physical part.
So my instructions to those who are paying attention. Pay me now {with proper exercise and diet} or pay me later {having to take 6-7-8 types of medications}.

There is a choice. And my dear friend Inanna has chosen the right path, on all counts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
Thank you so much for your kind words and your support.
It is good to know that you believe in me, especially on those not so bright and shiny days.. I have the whole day off today, so I'm going to get some more sleep. Hopefully I'll dream something interesting!

:) your friend Inanna and her companion Pippi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present