Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message From Jerry

It will be this weekend before I am able to provide any interpretations to posted dreams. I apologize for not giving a prompt response to all posts but there is so much on my plate I am unable to do all I wish I could at the Dream Forum. I do encourage other members to provide their insights to any post. A good time to practice interpretation skills.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Message From Jerry

Have a good meal then, Jer!

A little time this morning. Although Sundays are usually a day of rest {and a time to catch up on my interpretations} the usuals are not the norm as of late. Shows just how strong the dragon can be. But no one said life was easy. Keep on keeping on, slaying the dragons.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I have no dragons to slay, Jerry . . . only Garden Snakes to protect and nurture while they shed their skins and grow. Empathize with the serpent's vulnerability and you will understand why they present so fiercely.

Cheers,
t

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Slaying the social dragon. If I am not totatlly emerged in the creative aspect then I am not a complete person, my true self. It is the social dragon that must first be confronted.
Achieving the psychological state of Nirvana;
being indifferent to desire, fear and social duty.

Jerry

Read between the lines. . . there are no dragons, but those you chose to perceive. Change your perspective and they become like the Serpent in the Garden of Eden. Their purpose being only to provide opportunities for growth. I find it’s a whole lot more interesting to watch the transformation of the enemy into a friend than to drive them to defeat . . . oh, they go there anyway, but voluntarily and you get to learn by observing the other or the self from a remote and secure place. Arriving at Nirvana is not as interesting as the journey. Peace can be dull. Having no dragons to spur on your imagination and creativity stops the flow of thought and life-force. Why do you think we’re all here??? The Universe got bored! Life has just one reason for being. . . experience . . . good, bad . . . it doesn't really matter. Might as well enjoy the process, if not the experiences, of becoming.

It seems to me we human have a strange aversion to change – and really, isn’t that all the social dragon represents? – which is the fundamental principle of a material reality. E=mc2. Without the conversion of energy into matter through will, and back again through consumption it would all return to light and then that great cosmic nothingness. There is where the journey to Nirvana ends.

Let me summarize . . . if you are going to slay dragons, do so with the mindset of a Samurai Warrior.

Cheers . . . even when life hurts,
t

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Jerry,

Fill your cup, and be not apolgetic, say I! :)

I don't interpret quite the same as you, but would be happy to add some insights on dreams.

M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

The power of positive thinking is a wonderful thing. I live by it. Successfully. I have my dragons under control. Sharing my thoughts is how I keep regular visitors informed. At the Forum the language is symbol and metaphor. Take my words in that light and it will bring you understanding.

I've yet to meet anyone without dragons. But again this is the world of metaphor. No swords necessary. Just words.

Anyone without dragons isn't alive. Doesn't mean you let those dragons control. For many the metaphorical dragons are as threatening as as those in myth. Every life has its story. The posted dreams, and responses, at the Forum are about those stories. And the dragons. And hopefully finding ways to help in the healing process where necessary.

he who knows doesn't know. he who knows he doesn't know, knows

E=mc2. I am a friend of Einstein. And a Darwinist. Not religious but spiritual. All three are required to be a true 'Jungian'.

Jerry

Maureen,
Everyone is welcome to offer interpretations. But do keep in mind this is primarily a 'Jungian' forum, most who regularly visit having done some degree of study of Jungian psyche, and/or are searching for answers to psychological questions. Jung's use of dreams was a part of his Individuation Process. I tend to guide visitors, and often promote, this process as one way to facilitate the healing process and bring balance to life. And of course addressing the deeper aspects where we discover the causes for so many of life's conflicts.

Any insights you may have to offer are most welcome. We all are working toward the same goal, helping a person understand their dreams so they can better understand them-self.

Of course there are many ways to interpret dreams and those that are successful usually involve some degree of 'jungian thought'. It is the recognition of symbols as the dream language that are shared. Of course in Jungian psyche it is symbol and metaphor. Ancient Egyptians perhaps used similar language with their Hieroglyphs. Of course the study of mythology {preferably Campbell} is essential in understanding both symbol and metaphor.

I've been engaged in Jung's Individuation Process since 1992 and I swear by it. That and my physical fitness routine.
Both naturally 'fit'.

If you look at the interpretations offered by myself and other 'Jungians' who frequent the Dream Forum over the past year you will see the success we have had in helping interpret the dream correctly. It is Jung's philosophies that provide the insights to the language, and PYSCHOLOGY, of a dream. It doesn't take an Einstein {Einstein's theory of relativity was inspired by a dream whereby he was going down a mountainside ever faster, watching the appearance of the stars change as he approached the speed of light} to interpret dreams. Being a Jungian forum, and a Jungian web site {Myths-Dreams-Symbols} you tend to find a lot of Jungians hanging around.
I do ask everyone to leave the ego at the door upon entering. The 'death and resurrection {or rebirth} can be addressed at some other time.

A good metaphorical reference.
The death and resurrection, most noteably by those in the West {Western religions} being Jesus on the cross. In Jungian psyche/Campbellian mythology it is a metaphor to what must happen to the individual... death to the ego 'centered lself' and a resurrection to the spiritual Self as the lead in the life.

Discovering that 'inner Christ', or Buddha consciousness.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present