Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Bus, A Battle and a Bustier

It was an active night . . . I had two related dreams as follows:

First Dream:
I was a passenger on a bus that had people on it, but it wasn't full. A man, who wanted off made a mad dash for the door, pushing it open and tumbling to the ground with all his baggage. I looked out the window and saw a trail of people running to catch up to the bus - even a man pushing a man in a wheelchair.

The bus was moving fast, but not speeding so fast that it was dangerous. I noticed that it was driving along the left side of the road. It was a country road behind, where all the running people where but a paved city street where the bus was passing.

Second Dream:
I was a gladiator or combative opponent in some kind of death match sport fought with long sabers. I was victorious over all, except one. She was invincible - my sword passed right through her. I sliced through her several times and like a wraith or hologram, it didn't faze her at all. Raging mad, she stepped toward me. I felt helpless, but then was inspired to take the cream around my left eye and put it into her right eye. I didn't jab, but dabbed as though applying cream eye shadow. I didn't know what would happen, or how she would react. She let out a groan, as though terribly disappointed, but not hurt. She was disappointed because she couldn't see to fight anymore.

The next thing I knew, I was sitting on the floor in this fighting area with this warrior woman's head resting on my lap. She continued to express her disappointment, but was making fun of it as well. Again, I took cream from my eye and put it into hers. Again she groaned and said, "I want to run the bus right through you." I understood this to have a sexual connotation of sorts, suggesting an intimate, physical mingling of essences.

After that, as the event closed and I was off to the change room, she gave me a thin leather belt and a leopard patterned bustier to borrow, but playfully told me to remember that it belonged to her as she left. The last thing I remember is looking at the items and thinking that they didn't match and weren't my style.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A Bus, A Battle and a Bustier

T. St. Amant,
Dream #1
Could it be your life is not as complete as you wish it to be {bus not full}. Has there been or is there a dire need to rid yourself of some masculine aspect, perhaps an actual man, who possess a lot of 'baggage' {problems}? There may be feelings that you are unable to 'catch up' with those things you desire, parts of you being disabled by emotional experiences {again, perhaps a male relationship}. Is there a desire for more creative time, or just removing yourself from the fast paced world you live in? If there is not an actual man involved in your life {that fits the man with the baggage} then look to your own masculine aspects.

Dream #2
I there ambition in your life where you have succeeded in all but one aspect? The opponent is your self. Perhaps emotionally you are in conflict over certain masculine aspect in your life. Intuitively {left eye} overrules subjectivity {right eye} but the consequences of those intuitive insights have brought about emotional conflict. There may be thoughts of giving up the brave fight {your masculine self may be dominant in your waking life but with consequences}.

There is disappointment in your life. There may be a need to contemplate the situation, discover your true feelings. There may be a need to accept and integrate those less dominate feminine aspects into your personality.

But that aspect, the feminine isn't who you are or have been. Your personality is more of a take charge, fight the good fight, winning important. But the one thing you lost at {what could that be?} has brought you down emotionally. You find yourself out of balance, something you are not used to.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
Wow! Your interpretation of Dream #1 is uncanny. That is indeed a situation in my life. I'll be transitioning soon.

Yet, when I attempted to interpret the dream, I didn't arrive at anything close to your interpretation. I thought the bus represented spiritual life (atunement with the collective subconscious) and while many struggle to achieve this goal, some want desperately to avoid being consciously aware of the subtle world, which can be frightening with all it's uncertainties, not to mention exhausting.

The exactness of your interpretation leaves me wondering if I am so blind to my own subconscious that I couldn't see to interpret the symbols as you have. I apply a great deal of time and effort to self-analysis and the idea that my conscious is so out of touch with my subconscious is troubling.

Relating to Dream #2, if anything, the above concern would have to be the one aspect I still am working to achieve. . . trying to understand the motifs and motivations of my subconscious.

I figured the woman warrior was my shadow and I ended the battle with her by 'anointing' her eyes so she could see truth, but also blinded her so she couldn't fight me any longer and thus made friends with my shadow.

I can't say I'm aware of a direct, personal conflict with my animus. My persona is a balance of famine and masculine, being a nurturing, assertive motherly type. I consider myself a 'warrior princess' as there really isn't any person or situation that can intimidate me. Should anyone try even once, they would likely not again. Yet, I am the first to extend cooperation and make peace. I just don't put up with hostility or aggression from others or myself. The animus isn't running wild, but neither is it silent. He's a team player. I discovered him when I was seven years old as the imprint of the ‘ideal mate’. This archetype weaves through my thoughts much like all the impressions I have of the absolutes of qualities. (There’s a mystery for us . . . how can we know what the potential perfection of beauty, justice or other quality is like, if we have never experienced them in ideal form?)

Being intuitive and receiving insights into other's emotional states does pose a problem. Filtering out feelings that aren't my own calls for regular self-analysis. Empathising with the personal issues that people carry around is an innate capacity, but I also feel frustrated that others aren't managing their own lives and emotions more actively. This might be the emotional conflict I experience. I can't not be intuitive, but I can let myself dismiss the emotions that I don't own.

Yet the emotional conflict is most likely an issue with animus projection. A particular man embodies many of the traits I idealise and instinctively want to nurture. Internal dichotomy has arisen around the matter of appropriate expression. I've figured out what motivates me: his behaviour is causal to my natural reaction. Dealing my instincts is quite challenging, but I’m enjoying the learning experiences. At the same time, however, I do want resolution and my ego would like nothing better than to be independent, aloof and self-directed.

The disappointment you detect is the circumstances that prevent exploration of the above attraction. The less dominant feminine aspect is emotionality, sentimentality and a paradoxical inclination toward possessiveness and also independence that is weighing on me.

All my life I've been a happy explorer and something of a sight-seer, who doesn't get attached to the objects of my reality. The detachment I experience is like watching a beautiful sunset, appreciating it fully, but feeling no inclination to take more than a picture of it home with you. I experience enjoyment of what is, without need to possess. Seeing my inner animus 'out there' is causing quite an emotional struggle. Indeed! I find myself out of balance and this is definitely not something I am use to.

How is it that we can be so illiterate when it comes to interpreting dream symbols from our own psyche??? And yet, another can see what we ourselves cannot??? Makes me wonder if there's a mechanism that forces cooperation of individuals through consultation with the collective subconscious.

Thanks for your interpretation, Jerry. You are very insightful. I sure hope you are cataloguing all of this info. The correlation between dream symbolism and expressed actual life circumstances would be very useful to the field of depth psychology and Jungian dream motif analysis in particular.

Cheers,
t

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hey T

Sorry to jump in on the thread, but thought I would share my own experiences with dream interpretation.

I think the biggest issue for me personally in respect to my own dreams is I may have a bias of focussing on one particular aspect, be it spiritual, or perhaps physical activity. What I catch myself doing is making the dream fit the aspect I want it to fit, rather than following Mr Jung's advice and taking each dream as if I knew nothing about what it is showing. When I take this on board I often produce a better result, and same reason why we often get surprised when we get someone external to read the dream.

I have had the same problem when trying to interpret dreams of people I know. Their persona was a mask that filtered what I saw, as I tried to make the dream fit what I knew about them. This vision is unimpeded by someone who doesn't know you, and they get a clearer view of the Self. (In my opinion anyhow)

For this reason I post dreams on here... even if Jerry thinks it is unfair and will make him look a fool...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Rook,
No need to apologize for jumping in . . . it's a bonus to see another perspective. I thank you.

I guess the saying, "You can't see the forest for the trees." is fitting, and I feel it's bang on as far as my lacking is concerned.

A subtle inspiration came to me years ago and that is this: when we listen and learn the perspectives of another, we acquire their view, which expands our own view. In the process, some of our conditioned responses can be dislodged and that's a good thing for anyone interested in apprehending truth.

So, what does Jung suggest we do to shed the biases we may have that shade our view when interpretting dreams? Anyone's input is appreciated. The more the better . . . who knows, we might discover the 'key' element weaving through a number of individual techniques and that would be exciting!

Cheers,
t

T,
Your first dream began to speak to me in a way that awakened my intuitive senses and when that occurs the dream will offer up insights that would normally be missed. Recently I have had too little time to use my intuitive mind's eye due to having to slay so many social dragons {work}. I am looking forward to the day I can put all my efforts to the intuitive self. Until then I do my best with what senses are available. I believe everyone can develop a better intuitive sense if it weren't for the thinking mind putting so many demands on the psyche. Dream interpretation is an excellent way to summons those superior feminine aspects.

As for the bus. Vehicles are almost always symbolic of the self and a bus is often representative of the total psyche, buses carrying all different types of people in the waking life and representing all the differing aspects of the psyche. Although nothing is set in stone with dream symbols there are qualities to many symbols that hold firm. That is why I mentioned being complete, bus not full.

You wrote, "The exactness of your interpretation leaves me wondering if I am so blind to my own subconscious that I couldn't see to interpret the symbols as you have". It probably isn't blindness as it is technique. And looking at a dream with an intuitive eye. Jung has provided the necessary tools to understand dreams. Developing a keen intuitive sense is what is required to 'read' a dream correctly, on a regular basis. But even with a developed intuitive sense the mind has to be in the right place to do a proper job of interpreting a dream. Responsibilities of the social nature {work, family, other waking pressures} take away from those abilities. That is one reason why you read so much about the hero of myth isolating himself/herself in times of need. Even spiritual icons take such sabbaticals. Jesus had his 40 days and 40 nights {conscious and unconscious} in the wilderness and the Buddha's 40 days of sitting meditation under the bodhi tree {in Jungian psyche 4 is the number for wholeness, completion}. There may be too much focus on the objective sense when looking at dreams and not enough intuitive sense. Then again understanding Jungian psyche, in its deepest sense, can make a difference when interpreting dreams.

As for the 'woman warrior', I saw that as an inner conflict, you being the warrior and the conflict being emotional {dreams are about the emotions, first and foremost}. Discerning the conflict would be the next step in understanding the dream. Often only the dreamer can do that since there is so much personal associations involved. But often, and with a keen intuitive sense available, insights are offered in dreams that reflect even the more personal aspects. I am keen on dreams revealing personality traits and often sense such traits. Your 'assertive motherly type' would fit with a masculine identity without sacrificing the feminine qualities that are so vital for balance. It doesn't have to be a waking condition, in fact it is often an unconscious quality, that is being addressed. The metaphors represent the total psyche with those unconscious aspects often being what is unknown or not realized about oneself.

The disappointment you mentioned may be at the root of your conflicts. But although that disappointment may be at others because they lack discipline {something I often speak about as a most important asset} the dream is more often focused on your own self disappointments. The dream is always about the dreamer. Everything else is secondary.

"How is it that we can be so illiterate when it comes to interpreting dream symbols from our own psyche??? And yet, another can see what we ourselves cannot???.

Interpreting any dream symbol, whether it be from your own dreams or dreams of others requires a lot of study and practice. And the method used is most important. While methods other than Jung's can produce positive results, my firm belief {and experience} is Jung got it right all down the line. You will notice that many other methods in many ways allude to Jungian principles whether realized or not. Jung studied the psyche and not just the dream. I am a student of the psyche and with Campbell and Jung's tutelage I have been able to enhance my abilities in interpreting dreams. I believe most people can develop a keener intuitive sense if there was will to do so. The ego will resist such attempts since it would have so much to lose if the 'inner mind' {a superior feminine quality} were to lead and not the ego-centered mind that is more focused on the body and the emotions than it is the creative/spiritual nature we all possess. Balance is the goal of the dream, balancing the individual psyche so there is harmony and balance in the life. Without the realization of the creative/spiritual self, it is like a shell void of the peanut, a bulb without a source of energy.

And speaking of the creative/spiritual identity as opposed to the ego-centered body. Campbell used a great analogy in comparing the two different aspects. It was the light bulb and the source that provides the energy that produces the light. Do you identify with the bulb {body} or the unseen energy that produces the light {spirit}? The body can not do without the energy but can the enrgy do without the body? That is the unknown mystery. But identifying with the energy, or spirit, can help one realize what the inner processes is about. The mystery of the self, each individual different but from the same unknown source. Living a life from the sense of the body, giving in to its demands and whelms. Or living a more discipline life identifying with the spirit, seeing the body as the temple and treating it as such. You don't need to be religious {in fact religion can be a determent} to realize which aspect is more important.

Jesus and the Buddha acquired enlightenment through contemplation of the inner self.

Your personal apparently has its conflicts and disappointments. The dream is focusing on the waking conditions as well as the inner conditions. Which of the two are you focusing on most? The dream will follow whichever is the most required in the waking hours, but always with an eye on the inner life. If it is the inner life {mid-life search being one aspect of that} then the waking experiences will be secondary. Often it is hard to distinguish between the two but seldom is it that the dream avoids either.

Jerry

Jerry,
Well, I’m certainly glad your intuition was awakened to interpret my dream! Thank you and it too.

I’ve always recognized a triad of consciousness within, being the instinct, intuition and the intellect. Instincts speaks with physiological messages . . . she has literally shaken me violently and thrown me off balance to get her point across . . . although I still couldn’t interpret what she was attempting to say, but I could tell what she was reacting to. Intuition, speaks from the heart, which takes the form of an ‘inner giggle’ . . . remember riding in the back of the family car as a child and how fun going over bumps and hills were? That’s what it feels like. It can otherwise be described as a mild to moderate electrical shock that radiates outward from the chest or even like a lightening bolt for particular triggers. While the sensation is physical, as would be an instinctual response, the intuition flashes imagery, while the instinct actually moves me. These two together can mutiny against the intellect, which is the observer and the thinker and what I identify as ‘me’. In all honesty, the affects and effects going on within this organism of mine often perplex me.

Until a couple years ago, I was freely intuitive and could answer any question posed to me by myself or others without having to think. That was my ‘technique’. Although it’s hardly a scientific approach, I know. Are you familiar with the Akashic records? There’s a good book by Ervin Laszlo called Science and the Akashic Field, which defines it in much the same way as Jung defined the Collective Unconscious. My earliest vision was at four years . . . sitting in church, I asked within myself why the crucified Christ, with all the pain and sorrow detailed, was there. In an instant a ‘video’ played out before my mind’s eye of the crude construction of what became a wood, stone and clay owl-like effigy and the words, “They’ve always done this. They don’t know what it is they do.” were conveyed. The most interesting – at least to my adult mind – was a ‘virtual tour’ in the life of a silt particle on it’s journey through time to become limestone. I was seven and if anyone knew about the geological formation of limestone, it certainly wasn’t me or anyone I knew at the time. Those experiences and many like them stick with me and have informed my view that Collective Consciousness is a reality. These events also keep me humble about human intellect in general and my own in particular. Surely, if the only creative and intelligent ideas one has are inspired into a mind void of understanding, one can hardly consider mind ‘intelligent’. It’s a sponge. While it might be good at drawing inference from a repertoire of experiences and leanings, it doesn’t actually think anything new on it’s own.

Since I’ve always been a thinker – sorting through all the puzzle pieces of a lifetime’s experiences to see what connections can be made – and only recently became closed to the intuition, it’s pretty clear to me that something has happened in the last couple years that needs to be addressed. If that’s not the case, then perhaps this is the onset of my individuation process and all the intuitive hand-holding I’ve enjoyed over the years has ended so that I can develop independence of will. For certain, I am questioning convention and socially conditioned moral codes I have held. I’m feeling more with the intuition and instinct than I ever have and really need to evaluate cause and consequence of acting upon urges now. It would seem that all the easy life-lessons are behind me and now I’m walking the razor’s edge between right and wrong, exploding ideas and exploring the essences they are founded upon. I’m having to think harder than ever. The answers just don’t unfold like a dream-vision for me anymore.

Clearly, the game rules have changed for me and I do need to find a new technique that fits. I’ve tried meditation with binaural beats, with the result of finding my intellect sitting back to watch a hypnogogic display of swirling colors and vortices that open up on landscape vistas and action scenes that are so far removed from rational thinking that I can make no sense of them whatsoever. I’m looking at Jung’s work now, hoping that a better understanding of symbolism will help me decipher the highly active and imaginative subconscious I’m trying to comprehend. I’ve put aside meditating deeply for the moment. It’s too trippy and psychedelic to make sense of with my limited analytical skills. If I can’t figure out what a bus means, how can I understand a diamond-studded Ferris Wheel running wild, followed by an unending caravan of carts filled with grain in tow of a single horse and so on . . . Yes. Yes. I’ve seen what the horse means lately. I didn’t need my subconscious reminding me of what my instinct was already nagging me about. Instinct and intuition collude in a no-holds-barred battle against my ego’s sense of what is appropriate. It’s exhausting, but if I acted on any of ‘their’ hedonistic impulses the situation would be really hard to explain to any witnesses! Fortunately, I’ve been able to find a compromise without putting myself into compromising situations. While I can see that my instinct and intuition have the best of intentions, I can also tell you they are NOT imbued with civil etiquette! All in all, being and becoming me is quite an amusing journey.

So, I have discerned the conflict. . .I’m trying to navigate a ship with a mutinous crew of brawling sailors on board! ! ! Let’s say that I’m docking at port when I can to ease their restlessness, but really, they just want me to sail to the new world at top notch without there being any wind to get us there today. I’m dong all that I can, but their insistence is persistent.

It would be far more helpful if instinct and intuition would offer up a road map, rather than simply sounding off like a carload of children asking, “Are we there yet?” at every stoplight. Disappointment? How about a little patience for the driver, kids???

I am and have always been creative and spiritual. The scale is being weighed down on the other side now to achieve balance and I am learning to deal with body and emotions. I can recall acts of compassion from before my first birthday, the way those thoughts arose and how I chose to follow them. My inner life has been filled with self-talk about metaphysical questions from a time when I was still wearing diapers. I was eight when I explained to a cabin full of little girls at summer camp why Jesus was sacrificed. One cried because she realized how beautiful His purpose was. I wasn’t a regular at Sunday School, but she asked a question, so I answered. The camp counselors backed me up, so the answer must have been correct. Can’t tell you what I said. I don’t recall. What I do recall is the change in attitude toward me from the adults there that night and onward, though. . . strangely reverent and doting. And I still get a lot of that to this day, which only gives me pause to wonder. . . more internal dialogue, more contemplation, more questions than I get answers to these days.

Well, I know I’ve rambled on a lot. Perhaps you can advise me of a few book titles from Jung, Campbell and others that might help me develop a vocabulary for interpreting what my instinct and intuition are trying to tell me. Who knows, they might have a road map that will get us to where ever we seem to be going at a pace they can be satisfied with. I’m pretty sure this is the individuation process, but getting through it looks like it’s going to be an exotic sensual adventure rather than a solemn and contemplative exploration of the meaning of life.

Thanks for wading through and advising.

Cheers,
t

T,
About the bias we may have when interpreting a dream. Eliminating such bias comes with experience in working with dreams but most of all requires a deep investigation of ones own psyche, an 'individuated' psyche {the gradual integration and unification of the self through the resolution of successive layers of psychological conflict}. While a person may have developed intuitive skills there is a need to resolve ones own inner conflicts before there is removal of bias when interpreting dreams. You put yourself in a position as an observer, a third party with no position of pro or con. The experience comes after the individuated process is achieved {or while that process is being achieved}. To look at a dream in any other way often introduces bias to the interpretation.

As for intuition.

Intuition:The act or faculty of knowing or sensing without the use of rational processes; immediate cognition.

Intuition is a natural aspect of the psyche, we all have access to this natural process. But few realize it. I never realized how much of an intuitive mind I possessed until I began interpreting dreams. I have known for quite awhile I have developed people skills {I worked in codes enforcement for the county health department for 12 years} but never realized the intuitive aspects that lent itself to those skills, or vice versa. Most intuitive sensing comes from an interaction of some sort, meeting person for the first time and sensing their true value {instead of the mask they wear to cover that up}. In dreams it comes from an ability to sense through the words, the symbols and metaphors. If a dream is properly written down there is no bias on the part of the dreamer since the dream is a depiction of the true condition of the dreamer. Sensing 'between the lines' may be a good description of the intuitive process in dream interpretation. And it takes time to develop, as it does in understanding the processes of the dream structure {Jung's applied principles}. I believe most people can develop the intuitive mind with practice. I know I have. It has only been within the past two years I have been able to intuitively read a dream. Prior to that I was still interpreting the symbols {which can lead to a proper interpretation but will not always provide a deeper analysis of the dream}. The ability to 'read' a dream came with experience in working with dreams and a development of my intuitive senses.

As for the 'awakening' of my intuitive senses. When I am able to put all my efforts to my dreamwork the intuitive senses are working 24/7. But when I have to put most of my efforts in my social responsibilities, primarily my job, those intuitive senses are diminished, put on the back burner. I tend to be very thorough when I apply myself and my job {self employed contractor} requires a lot of mental preparation. I have to look at things in an objective manner when drawing up contracts, scheduling jobs, making sure everything is in order. I am very successful at doing that but it takes a lot out of me, mentally. The intuitive forces are not readily available when I am in this state of mind. Sunday when I gave my interpretation I awoke with a fresh sense of freedom from the social requirements {the social dragon as I like to call it}. My intuitive senses were vibrant and visible to my mind's eye. These are the times when I am best able to 'read' a dream. Most other times, and I try not to give detailed interpretations during these times, I use my years of experience to analyze a dream. While that is usually sufficient and provides good results it is not as insightful as when my intuitive senses are 100% available.

The Language of Dreams
Dreams speak in a language of symbols. Understanding the exact process of this language involves many years of study of Jungian psyche. Within those studies an important component is mythology. Joseph Campbell had a favorite proverb; Dreams are private myths, myths are public dreams. It is the collective private dreams that produce the universal myths. There is a need to understand the shared values of symbols and metaphors of myth and dreams to be able to accurately interpret a dream. While few dreams are archetypal, or big dreams, there is most always an archetypal flavor to all dreams. They are 'self-portraits of the instincts' ad the instinctive behavior of an individual is what dreams are all about. The emotions of the dreamer are what dreams are showcasing, a therapeutic process of helping the dreamer balance their emotional life. To interpret dreams requires a objective study of the whole process of the psyche. To read a dream depends more on the intuitive sense seeing within the dream those things beyond what is available just from objective study. I see myself as a conduit of what Jung has provided in the understanding of dreams. That is a learned process. The intuitive is 'god' given, and then developed. It all has taken some 16 years to accomplish.

And if I can do it with my 'ordinary' mind then any one can.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
I’m finding that dreams have biases built into them. I’m working with a dream I had 03/14/2009, recorded notes the morning after, reviewed them yesterday with an impartial frame of mind and then had my intuition drop me it’s own interpretation this morning. I have three different perspectives on it.

The emotions that arise in the dream carry over to the morning after. The ego seems to project it’s own self-interested even after a month. The intuition flashes the message that the dream was premonitory of events that happened just last week.

Basement Dream – 03/14/2009
------------------------------
I dreamt I had all my power tools and other belongings packed up and ready to move. The room was full of young children playing. A young, rambunctious boy saw one of my tools and wanted to play with it. I told him he could look at it, but was not permitted to plug it in. I sat him down against a wall and noticed an outlet right beside him. So I took him to a woman who was minding other children in the room and asked her to watch over the boy and ensure he didn't hurt himself or others with the tool he was discovering, while I went off and investigated the dark basement.

So I went off to investigate the basement, which seemed at least 3 stories deep in the ground, with hardly any lighting at all, but lots of little rooms and doors. I found myself standing at the electrical panel with a number of older men and the young boy, whom I had left with the power tool in the woman’s care. He wanted me to see into an adjacent room that was brightly lit, but small and empty, although I had the impression that a wine barrel had been stored in there and that it was at one time a wine cellar. The door was made of old plank wood. The small area where the electrical panel was was brightly lit by an exposed incandescent bulb hanging from the ceiling there. The place was cool, but not dank. I could feel the warmth from the bulb. I could see down a corridor and a light shone from around the next corner. I noticed that I could have made my way from to that lit area to the next through the dark.

I was on my way back upstairs, after finding very little to be excited about, when I woke.
------------------------------

If you have the time, please interpret. I would like to compare with my three interpretations. Perhaps I can develop skill by doing this and attempting to interpret the dreams that others have posted, followed by a comparison with your own.

Also, back to Dream #1, I’ve arrived at a question. The events that you hit bang-on are waking-life conditions that I am actively dealing with. The situation is something my conscious mind is addressing at the urgings of instinct. Have you any opinions on why the subconscious mind would use such far-flung metaphors to speak about matters that are addressed openly? Why not literal imagery? Why would the man with the baggage be disguised and seem a stranger to me? Hmmm . . . maybe the answer is right there in my own question! Perhaps there are subtleties that I am overlooking.

Writing dream descriptions helps to capture the finer-grained details within them. For my own use and relying upon the memory of them, I keep notes fairly simple, but to convey the thoughts to another, more words are needed. I should probably be more descriptive in my dream notes.

Well, I’m looking forward to hearing your response to Basement Dream. Only after having this dream, did I watched a video regarding Jung’s own basement dream. I had interpreted ‘basement’ as being ‘subconscious’ before finding the video, but thought it synchronistic that I had found information on Jung’s. His dream was far more interesting than mine. So was his basement.

I also want to ask you how you chose my password for posting to the forum. The choice seems synchronistic. Was intuition involved, or do you have a random process?

Thanks again for sharing your skill and talent.

Cheers,
t

T,
I'll address your post later today or in the morning. As for choosing a password, it was done while listening to one of my favorite groups, Queen. Freddie Mercury has been a favorite for a long time. I don't know where they came up with the name {his being gay may or may not had anything to do with it} but the name is appropriate for someone with such great talent. The muses, creative aspects, are feminine in nature. Put it all together and it just seemed appropriate.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Then you must have participated the Rocky Horror Picture Show with lighter ritual. I'm a big fan too.

Thanks for detailing your inspiration. Perhaps it is synchronistic. Perhaps a coincidence. Here's another . . . while surfing for 'twin mythology' I came across this site - http://www.sagajournal.com/apittakestwo.html - which mentions YOUR site with reference to Animus and Anima. Of all the Anima related sites, they reference only yours. Go figure?! I notice a lot of 'coincidences' in my reality. Probably because I'm always scouting for them, but still, interesting that there should be so many.

I look forward to your reply when you have the time.

Cheers,
t

tersta,
A couple of quick comments before I enter the unconscious world of sleep {I get at least 7 hours every night}.

Joseph Campbell told of the many Native American mythic stories of the twin heroes in search of their father. It is a common pattern, myth wise and psychological. Luke Skywalker is that twin. That is not a coincidence since George Lucas patterned the Star Wars sage based on Campbell's monomyth. These are the collective psychologies of the different cultures, different but so similar. Of course these are also Jung's archetypes, the primordial images, universal concepts that naturally occur in the human psyche, the collective psyche.

I do appreciate the link to sagajournal.com. There are more and more sites dedicated to Jungian psyche, his many works becoming duly recognized.
Mirrors my site is a good description {of course that is by happenstance}. I see the name Ackroyd at the bottom of the page. His Dictionary of Dream Symbols was one of the first dictionaries that was primarily 'Jungian'. A short book with a great introduction {including Freud}.

It has been a privilege to have been a small influence on what the Internet has to offer on the subject of Jungian psyche and Campbell's myth. I will need to search this site to determine who is the webmaster and see if we have crossed paths previously. Over the years I have several college professors use my site as reference to Jungian psyche. I have yet to bring the site to my expectations but I have every intention of doing so soon. Just a matter of finding the time.

And from the post Masculine vs Feminine Myths. I like your comparison of mythic tales to the understanding of physics. All aspects of life are related. Different levels, same symbols. My thinking is that ground for which we discover the 'truths' is available to the human psyche. Much is still to be discovered and I don't think it will take centuries of evolution to do so. For me, Jung and Campbell, and those 'disciples of thought who have followed them, have provided a path to those discoveries. The knowledge is already there, within the psyche, we need only to recognize what they are.

Jerry

Pertaining to your last paragraph, I agree . . .” All aspects of life are related. Different levels, same symbols.” And “The knowledge is already there, within the psyche, we need only to recognize what they are.” . . .

I tend to think that it’s no mystery, but should be expected that ALL humans and ALL biological organisms and even the elementals share commonalties of consciousness as well as physical design and composition through the genetic code of our parentage, the food we eat, the air we breath, the elements that we are composed of, but also because we ARE the Universe and thus must be splinters of its consciousness.

We exist in a closed, albeit infinite, system . . . nothing goes anywhere where it can escape the Universe . . . it just circulates around and around. It has to, just like electricity must. On it’s way it acquires information . . . just like the electrons that pop in and out of time-space and inform those adjacent to them where ever they arrive.

I think Quantum Physics explains inspiration as well as universal archetypes and the ‘mystery’ of how civilizations removed by time and space can arrive at the same discoveries. On the other hand, Quantum Physics does not explain at all the electron jump, but at least now we know they do jump.

The great mystery is how matter stays relatively fixed given the ratio of matter to space even within the elements that are indivisible. I believe it is said that the ratio of matter to space in an atom is comparable to a grain of sand relative to the Taj Mahal. Matter is predominantly space, or Dark Matter as some call it. I just refer back to the Alchemical understanding of ether. It’s the Self-Aware Universe exerting its own force against matter and infusing it with its own energy.

Only the endless diversity of perspectives – every point in the Universe has it’s own view of the whole - creates dissention. The day we can all agree that we are all right is the day peace will be real-ized. Then we’ll burn all the Alexandrian Libraries, leaving no trace of knowledge and start all over again. Ouroboros. The Grand Serpent swallows it’s own tail.

Cheers . . . to the end . . . and then back again!
t

stats from 7-14-10 to the present