Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange events in our appartement

New dream this night, here it goes:

I am in our new appartement, out in the hall. I'm thinking that there is so much storage room in this place. I discover that there is a curtain at the back of one of the closets, and when I look behind it I can see that behind it there is another appartement, which seems smaller than ours, but I can't see all of it. It is dark in there, but I can see some furniture, and I get the feeling that there are someone living there, but they are not there now.
When I go back into the hall, I feel like I have to really drag myself out of the closet. It is like some kind of dark energy trying to hold me back.

Next I'm in the living room, and now my boyfriend is there and so is a male friend of his (who is also a friend of mine, I'll call him S) and one of my best female friends, I'll call her M. My boyfriend is playing music out loud, I can see the playlist on a very big screen on the wall ( it resembles the one our male friend has in his appartement)

At first I'm light at heart, we're singing and dancing, but then when the next song begins, a bad feeling creeps upon me. I really hate the song, and suddenly I start to notice things around me that I don't like. Up in the cieling there's a wodden beam, with some very old fashioned lamps, or gigant plastic "spots" hanging from it. I say to my boyfriend ".. we have to take that down and throw it out, or maybe paint it and take the lamps down" I then notice that near the wodden beam, the cieling is green, like mould or algea is groing there. I show it to the others. S streches up to touch it, and it is not fresh and moist, but old and hardened. I then turn my attention to the floor which is covered with green old floor coverings. I feel that really don't like it, and I'm also annoyed with a small level difference that divides the room into two. I almost trip on the step.

My boyfriend is out in the citchen, and S takes out some strange equipment and starts to pump up hula hoops with an air pump. (They are just like ordinary hula hoops so the I don't see the point in the air pump)He is organizing a game where we are going to throw the hula hoops at some sticks.

I then see that the lady who lives upstairs and ownes the house is out in the second citchen (there is no such in reality) and she is putting food into the fridge that I somehow know is for the people living in the other appartement behind the curtains. M goes out and says something to her and the lady (apprx 50 years old) comes in the doorway. She asks me if I have a deck of cards, and I see that there lies a deck of cards on the shelf beside the door. I take it and give it to her. The deck has different pictures of me, my boyfriend, our daughter and our friends on the back of each card. When I hand her the deck I understand that something is wrong, she loses her balance and leans back against the door. She is holding a drink in her hand and she is very drunk. She's having problems standing up straight, and she can't talk staright. She tells me that she is now living with another man than her husband, and there are several reasons for that. "You know.. they found cancer in my pancreatic.. and they had to remove a breast too..." I undrestand now why she is so out of it, and why she drinks. I don't know what to say to her, but M invites her in. The lady then looks up at me, asking: "And the ring? Have you got the ring?" I say "What ring?" and she almost gets angry. "I've been asking you for the ring for weeks now!" In the next moment she has forgotten about this and she is sitting down with us on the floor. I look at her and say. "I don't know what to do or say afer hearing you are sick..." And she just shouts "here there is no beer to go with the coffee, that's for sure..!" She laughs and continues: "..no I guess you weren't prepared for this to be a beer meeting"
I then say to her that we've had our share of beer in the past, but now we both have chldren (referring to M and myself) But the lady is not paying attention.
She is now looking at the pictures of us, and she is smiling asking: Are they nice people, all of them? I confirm that. She then tells us that seh is preparing to cross a glacier. It will take almost a week, but she has to do it to be with the man she loves. MY friend M then says "I'm going the same way!" Then I awake.

Any idea what this could be about?

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Strange events in our appartement

Dear Inanna

This is a great recollection and record of your dream; it will require much reflection on your part to decipher the many layers of its meanings.

I see that you are 30 y.o. - these years can be ones of major transition, questioning, expansion , , ,

So your dream, and some themes within it:
- there is a striking resemblance to 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' by CS Lewis -> The Chronicles of Narnia , , , watching this may be great for you now, showing your unconscious that you are listening and actively inquiring.
The above and your dream speak that there is something else behind the world we see with our eyes - and we 'can't see all of it'. Something is drawing you back into the unconscious (it could be that there is depression in you, but I think that is less likely) - a 'dark energy'.

So there is a balance of masculine and feminine - 2 females, 2 males.
Playing music (life is sometimes described as music) and you can 'see it', that is life unfolding.

And maybe the dream is not describing the period of change - you notice things around you that you don't like , , , the step - things are not level, not even, not in balance,

The game, hoops and sticks - feminine + masculine again. As a game - is this a good attitude ?? full of air , no substance ?
You may like to reflect if this is your view or your boyfriends view - at it is all a game.

The lady who lives upstairs - could this be the wise part of you ? of the intellectual part of you (there is a difference).
In the past the deck of cards we now 'play' with were used for divination, for telling / seeing the future.
However there is something wrong with her - she has lost her balance. Maybe she is an elder female figure in your life to whom you used to look up to / take advice from , , , maybe not? She has lost her balance bc - drunk (too much spirit, too etherial, not connected to the earth), pancreatic cancer (third chakra, a centre of the ego - perhaps her ego has taken her over) and she has lost half of her outward femininity (one breast).

Where's the ring ?? does this link to the 'game' above? not getting serious - getting married. Is this the issue she raises? Underneath it all, what do you really want from this relationship? Beer meeting -> bear meeting ?? something men do ??
Looking to the future - you have children , , , deep down question for you.

Crossing the glacier - frozen water. Water is the element of emotion - frozen emotion. Is there a part of you that is frozen emotionally? something to get over emotionally.

hope this helps

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Justin,
Thank you for your thoughts on this dream.
I also thought of the resemblence to C.S Lewis book. I love the books about Narnia, I read them when I was a child. I actually went out searching for hidden gateways, because I wanted so much the story to be true.. And I guess I just kept on looking as I grew older, gradually undrestanding that this hidden world exists somewhere within. I also thought of the balance with the two males and two females, but I didn't notice the obvious symbol of the rings and sticks. And it is quite important I think. Me and my bf are thinking of having another child, but I'm scared because I feel that there is this unevenness in our relationship. I'm afraid to be left alone at home while he'd continue to live his life full of other activities. We've recently had many conflicts round this. I often feel like he would rather spend time with friends doing his things like watching football, palying games etc, and I've been accusing him of not investing enough time in our family. He is pretty restless, and this feeling of him constantly beeing on his way somwhere, or my fear of him NOT wanting to be with me, is stressful to me.
And although we both wish to have another child, I don't trust that he would be able to provide me the support and security I KNOW i need to be the best mother I can be.
So this has resulted in my emotions freezing up. I have trouble knowing what I really feel for him, and our relationship sometimes seems like it is some kind of contest or game. I also feel very bad because sometimes I can't feel any attraction to him, and this scares me because I used to always know what I felt for him, no matter what we were going through. I guess that seriousness is something I really miss in him! I'm so tired of playing this game, and I sometimes think that we're just like two children. I miss the feeling that we both acknowledge and admit to eachother that we need eachother. Now we often end up trying to prove to oneanother thet we don't. And we end up hurting eachoter and creating more distance and insecurity, and on my behalf; the lack of attraction.

I've also done the tarot over the last eight years. Not so much recently, but the Thoth Tarot Deck by aliester Crowley was given to me when I was 22, so the fortune telling aspect may have some importance here. I'll think about it some more and come back to this..

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Inanna,

thank you for you thoughtful and candid reply.

So the dream seems to fit with the current situation of your life.
The question is, 'where to from here?'.
Does the dream offer any answer ?

These are tough issues no doubt about it. However I cannot help thinking that if you bf heard your truth, your perspective without the clouding issues, then he would have the opportunity to decide what he wants.

Our relationships can slip into issues of power, re-inflamming our old wounds and we are on a slippery slope then. It takes great humility and courage to step forward with love and putting our pride aside, and ask for what we want - putting our relationship first, our selves second as it were.

wishing you both all the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present