Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Empty Dark Mansion

Here is a dream I had many years ago that has stuck with me and has inspired me to follow my instincts and intuitions in a search to understand it’s meaning.

========================
It was a dark night, cool, stars shining and streetlight on when I found myself walking toward and then standing on the sidewalk in front of a stately stone complex with wrought iron fencing all around and perfectly manicured lawn.

I knew that my mother had sent me on a mission to find my lost pedigree. I was a cat burglar.

I surveyed the mansion, which looked like the Buckingham Palace, minus one floor, with square towers at all four corners. The whole complex was dark, except for the closest tower, which had the glow and flicker of a TV shining from its windows.

I noted the cobble stone path that lead to the curved staircase up to the door of this tower. It was perfect, with every stone fitting exactly. I walked the stately staircase up and stood in front of the most humble steel kitchen door and looked in past lacy window curtains into a very modest kitchen.

I tried the door. It was unlocked. I entered. The kitchen was clean, floors where white linoleum, there was a round table to the wall, upon which was a basket with papers. I continued to survey. It was immaculately clean and tidy. To the left there was a small living room with a massive big screen TV that I could see. I watched it for a moment. It was the weather channel the news was about a devastating tornado that was record-breaking in the damage and death it had caused.

While standing in the kitchen, my perspective switched to a point where I could see myself standing there. I was wearing a Catholic School girl’s uniform with short tartan pleated skirt, white blouse, tie, knee-high socks and black loafer shoes.

I remember thinking how much of a shame it was that the rest of the mansion was unused and in darkness, while that the owner kept only a small and humble section of it going.

Just then I heard the sounds of someone moving, waking on the couch in the living room. I couldn’t see who it was, but did see the comforter ruffle as they moved under them. I decided that I should begin my search immediately for the document I was looking for. I headed for the basket on the table and picked up a tri-folded document of many paged. I immediately recognized it as my pedigree, seeing my own name as the last generation on it. I was elated and relieved that I had found what I was looking for so quickly.

The sleeping person stirred again and made sounds of rising. I felt fear at the prospect of being caught and moved toward the door to leave. I had my right hand on the door handle and the pedigree in my left hand when the sleeping person shuffled his way into the kitchen.

I recognized him as someone I knew only very slightly at the time. He was wearing flannel pajama and fuzzy slippers. He was an old and shrunken man. He was kind and friendly. He was none of these things at the time, but a really nasty, cold, aggressive bastard then.

Nonetheless, I greeted him in his own kitchen as though we were friends. I felt great fear of being discovered. I lied and said I had just arrived to check in on him and see how he was doing, but seeing that he was asleep was just about to leave. He pleaded with me to stay and have tea with him. He was excited at the prospects of having company. I felt compassion and pity and a great deal of guilt and then woke up.
========================

That's it. I've been on a quest for the meaning of this dream ever since having it. The journey has been interesting and unusual and most revealing of the main character.

Thanks for any interpretations offered.

Cheers,
t

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The Empty Dark Mansion

Hello t,

I have noted to Jerry that my interpretation style is quite different than his - please keep this in mind - and am offering my dream knowledge while he takes care of business. I hope others offer, also. Here's what I sense in your dream.

St. Theresa of Avila, the Catholic mystic, compares our soul to that of a castle - much like Buckingham Palace. The mansion of our soul is where we discover the lost parts, the fragmented parts, of our soul. There, via discovery and a sense of adventure, we hope to find understanding and wholeness. Wholeness is Healing.

The tower is your connection to the Divine, the God of your understanding, Univeral energy, or whatever you like to refer such as. In your dream, this is the room with light...where you may find inspiration, connection, the pathway - which is "perfect", as per your dream - to your true inner Self. This is a wonderful picture of what your dream guidance is telling you - visit this room in your mind when you feel the need for guidance.

Onto the kitchen - the place of nurishment, nurturing, the place you feed your Self. I wonder if the Catholic girl in your dream has cut off some sort of self love, self nourishment, out of the shame expressed in your dream? What does that Catholic girl represent in you? Might she represent a disconnect - that from your Soul and Body, from your heart and mind? How did she get in that room?

You meet an old man, someone not at all what he was in the past. He's someone familiar, yet someone totally new to you. I wonder if this is how your guidance is suggesting to let go of old thought forms of your Self, the one's that do not serve you anymore. Bravely, you reach out and greet him anyway. To me, that is what healing entails - reaching out to the lost parts of yourself and meeting them head on, with compassion for yourself, with a desire for wholeness.

You wake with compassion and pity...and guilt. What room in your castle is that guilt, and how did it get there? That is the room to visit for healing.

What was going on in your life during this dream will indicate more of the dream message. I am guessing that from the "devastating tornado" in your dream, you've had upheaval? and this was a dream to keep you grounded and in safety.

I hope my interpretation has helped you see your dream in light. What a rich message you received!

Lovingly,
Maureen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: The Empty Dark Mansion

Maureen,
Thanks for your interpretation. There is much in your recognition of the symbols that I agree with.

I have to say, I have the advantage of hindsight now and two years of getting acquainted with the man I visited in that dream. Despite everyone telling me he was one nasty bastard, it would seem my subconscious mind was aware of his inner character long before he had developed it.

As Jung’s work tell us . . .

The tyrant tormented by bad dreams, gloomy forebodings, and inner fears is a typical figure. Outwardly ruthless, harsh, and unapproachable, he jumps inwardly at every shadow, is at the mercy of every mood, as though he were the feeblest and most impressionable of men. Thus his anima contains all those fallible human qualities his persona lacks. If the persona is intellectual, the anima will certainly be sentimental.["Definitions," CW 6, par. 804.]

. . . the real man represented in this dream and the one I was courageous enough to befriend is ‘all pink inside’, by his own admittance, no less.

I see this dream as an invitation to a transpersonal encounter. I took the challenge and learned a lot. Most importantly, I’ve learned that compassion is the most useful and curative response to anger, frustration and all other forms of hate.

Cheers,
t

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present