Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mirror and telling about a dream in a dream

Two weeks ago I had a dream that I was looking in a mirror making faces and watching my reflection change. Then I made a face but didn't see that it change in the mirror, it made me feel like something was wrong, like I must not be alive if my reflection didn't change with my movements, I woke up.

Then a few nights ago in a dream I was doing things, completing tasks, washing my hands and I was telling someone working with me about that dream! I told them that I had this dream and all about the mirror and how my reflection didn't changed and how it freaked me out.
Wow, I have never told an actual dream I had to a character in another dream before. Any thoughts?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Houston

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Mirror and telling about a dream in a dream

Hey Holly

For the initial dream I would say it sounds like there is some action you are taking that is not a 'true reflection of yourself'? Just a thought.

In terms of the other dream it almost sounds like you are 'referencing' another dream. ie perhaps the new dream is referring to the same or similar issue as in the original dream. Hence it could be something to do with work or completing tasks and 'washing your hands of them'?

Thats pretty much the conclusions I draw from it.

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Holly,
Rook spoke of a 'true reflection of yourself'? Going one step further it may be a reflection that you do not or have not recognized or accepted. The different faces may represent the different masks you wear {how you present yourself to the world} and when you make a face that didn't change with the reflection it may represent what you want to be perceived but inside it is not who you are. Reflections in dreams usually show the true self.

As for the second dream telling a co worker about your dream may reflect telling yourself about this reflection. That would support not knowing or realizing this part of you that is not your true self.

Have you recently, or at least prior to the first dream, presented yourself as something you are not? Or it could involve certain principles that fit who you are and you have deviated from those. That maybe the stimulus for such a dream. You unconsciously know this was not the 'true' you and the dream is 'reflecting' on that because it does not reflect who you really are.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yes, My job right now is not what I originally was doing professionally. I was moved (was considered a promotion)but it was new to me and I have felt like people think I am so brilliant at it but I feel like I'm just getting by and I think it's because I want to do what I was doing before. I resently found out that I get go back to what I was doing before. Then had that dream and another dream about neglecting my students and never being in my classroom. I think that's right on.
Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Houston

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present