Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please interpret this dream

My mother, father and I were standing in front of a beautiful oak table, discussing where two envelopes that were placed there could have come from. Both envelopes were white. One had my name on it and the other had my sibling's name on it. Both were filled with money.

The house was beautiful-well made, great architectural features. It was furnished very sparely and tastefully. It sat near the ocean, and was placed in a manner that when you exited the front door, you had to turn to the left to see the ocean. As you stood facing the house, behind it were heavily forested hills. I have never seen this house before.

My mother left the room with the table in it. My father and I walked outside. I recall that as we left the house, I felt a sense of "Something's going to happen. When we exited the house, we turned left (facing the ocean) and then we turned left again (now facing the hills). My dad started to leave to go back into the house. I looked to my right. About twelve feet in the air, and about twenty feet away, three figures were floating in the air. The Three Beings were COMPLETELY INDENTICAL. They were male, clothed like a cross between Hindu gods and Egyptian priests...wearing short, pleated sarong-like skirts, upper and lower arm bands, ankle bracelets, ornate metal collar/necklace things, and tall headresses. They were barefooted. Each being was totally red...a true, but dusky red, including the entire body, all jewelry, and the skirt.

The Beings, floating in the air, were in a kneeling position, with the arms held slightly away from the body and the forearms raised with the palms facing forward. They were arranged in an equilateral triangle, and were each rotating in the formation. Their rotations were also identical.

When I saw them, I hollered,"Dad, Dad, come here!" I had to call him twice. When he came back, he was standing behind me. I said, "Something is going to happen." I felt a little afraid and totally awed. My dad put his fingertips on my shoulders. The minute his fingers touched me, we shot up into the sky. My fear melted and became jubilation (this is a word I have never used in relationship to myself, and is a feeling I have never experienced, until this dream). The sky was outer space...darkness crammed full of stars, galaxies, etc.

The Red Beings never once looked at us or paid any kind of attention to us at all, although I knew that they were responsible for the shooting into space experience.

As I woke up from this dream, I heard the word, "Zephyr."

This dream was very powerful. I need help with it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Dallas, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Please interpret this dream

Kimberly,
Are you currently on a spiritual search or seeking to discover some deeper aspects about yourself? Perhaps something to do with the creative aspect? I gather from the dream you had a good childhood and there may be links to this creative aspect you seek and one or both of your parents. What type work was your father engaged in when you were young?

The dream seems to be starting out by describing strong family bonds which may actually be describing your own strong self worth {good childhood most often produces a strong self worth}. There may be an aspect, a positive one, that has not been totally utilized. And there may be something about to occur that will let you realize this aspect, perhaps something you are consciously aware of or even planning. Everything is falling into place, 'synchronized' as if it were planned that way.

The last paragraph really intrigues me with the simple words "I had to call him twice". For me that suggests you may have had an opportunity once before to realize this aspect about yourself. Your father's 'touch', that is where my question about his occupation, or creative aspects, comes from. There is no limit to the possibilities if you 'follow your bliss' the second time around.

Joseph Campbell spoke often of following your bliss, doing that thing in life that you really love doing most. And he states we have two opportunities to realize this bliss. The first comes early in life, late teen, early twenties when we make our career decisions. The second chance comes at mid-life. Is this your second chance to realize that one thing you love most?

Post script. Campbell's declaration fits with my life. I have always had a 'natural' interest in psychology. But it was not until my early 40s that I began that blissful journey to following my bliss {when I first saw Campbell in his The Power of Myth series}. The beings, Hindu gods and Egyptian priests fit with a spiritual aspect which also includes the creative aspect {giving of oneself through creativity}. Is this where you are at this stage of your life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for your prompt response!

I have been on a spiritual search all my life. Raised Catholic, still recovering. For the past year, I have been involved in an intense study of Metaphysics...just completed my Bachelor's, working on Master's thesis, which is titled, "Dreams: Divine Dialogues."

I am a sculptor. As a teenager, I was discouraged by my parents from pursuing a career as a fine artist. They reiterated that there was "no money in it." So, I caved.

I have had several "careers" over the course of the last 35 years. I have sold some of my artwork, but never really devoted myself to the artwork as a career. I don't know that it is something I want to do "on demand." Inspiration from the muse is necessary for the work to emerge.

I had a normal, if not "good," childhood. My father was a division manager (trained as a chemist) for Dow Chemical Company while I was growing up. He is also a very accomplished wood carver, a "hobby" which he has been involved for ten years. While I was growing up, he was always building something (kitchen cabinets, etc.), planting and maintaining his gardens, or building models of ships. I often helped him, and so understood from a young age that I have very capable hands.

I don't have anything planned, not any conscious awareness of a path. That is a source of great discomfort to me. I am struggling with my concept of the Creator, and with my direction for the next phase of my life. Seven years ago (I was 47-48), I started having the most vivid and compelling dreams every night. I was led to buy a boatload of C.G. Jung's books, which I read. I got up every morning and went straight into my "chapel," recorded the dreams, and then did my best to decipher their meaning. I understand the individuation concept, and know that the serious integration of the psyche most likely began during that period.

The most riveting portions of the dream you interpreted were the three TOTALLY IDENTICAL, RED BEINGS, and me shooting up into the air. What is your take on the identicalness (is that a word?), the redness, and the threeness (I KNOW that's not a word!) of the gods, and on the shooting up into the air parts of this dream?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55, Dallas, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Kimberly,
Thanks for your follow up response. There does seem to be a link to 'being called twice' to that soul's adventure. I have found in my experiences from working with dreams and the psyche that at the late midlife stage the 'call' can be very strong. It is for me a very strong desire to give full time to that true identity {I'm 59}. And for someone like you who has consciously engaged in Jung's 'Individuation Process' it can be even more so since the investigation of the inner self supports those insights Jung offers to a greater knowledge of the 'Self'. In my 'jungian' mind the Self is synonymous with the spiritual and creative aspect of the psyche. With the discovery of the individuated 'Self' the old ego-centered self no longer is adequate in supporting and expanding the harmonious life you seek.

On the other hand the 'refusal of the call' can produce disharmony in one's life. That seems to fit with your 'discomfort' of not realizing a conscious awareness of a path. What was stymied in your youth by your parents {being artist} is now returned to call you once again. Does the hero/heroine dare refuse to listen to the soul's adventure a second time? To cave at this stage of life is to neglect the best part of yourself and your life.

Again, there are similar patterns in your path to my own. I once again have had to return to the social engagement of the dragon {full time in my business after spending the past several years doing it only part time} and the creative Self has less of my attention.But it is only for short period of time with my plans to hopefully taking early retirement at 62. In the meanwhile, while my creative juices must suffer some loss of attention, I am consciously aware of the spiritual aspect actively engaged in living a truly spiritual life. Although I had rather be totally engaged in my creative Self, when I can not I do not forsake the other part of the equation of the hero journey, that being spiritual in all my endeavors. I think that is the message of the myth Campbell and Jung promoted, the Self as spiritual and creative. Being the 'Master of Two Worlds', in control of both the divine {spiritual/creative} and human worlds.

Does this fit with where you are at in this moment? If so then there is little choice but to 'heed the call'. Living from the creative aspect isn't about money but the is all about the soul's desire {Campbell states if you do it for money then you are off the path}. What is your true 'bliss', that thing in life you love most doing? To be able to live life from that is to be fully integrated psyche. Master of both worlds.

As for my take on the 'Three Totally Identical Red Beings'. That is an total integrated psyche, where body, mind and spirit are totally reconciled in the creative/spiritual identity. The passion {red beings} of living from that position of inner strenght, inner kowledge, that is where the ordinary life takes on heroic proportions. Just as Luke was instructed to use the 'Force' we too must engage the 'higher aspects' of 'Self' to realize the highest aspirations of 'being'. An ordinary life of material worth, constantly striving to appease the ego is not enough. It is only the 'The Freedom to Live' that can provide fulfillment.

Dont' mean to preach but I see in your dream and life much of what many of us who are aware of that inner self find ourselves at this stage of life. The struggle of mid-life is about at an end. What do we with the rest of our existence? For me and you I believe it is only in the 'Self' we can truly find balance and harmony. And not to cave to lesser demands.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present