Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UFOs, bad prophesies and a huge party

I'm out walking in the streets at night, I think somewhere in the neighbourhood. Suddenly I see a plane flying very low above me. I watch it for a little while, and then I realize that it looks just like the classical image of a flying saucer. I get very excited and just when I've realized that it might be a UFO, it takes a 90 degree turn and starts to move very fast towards me. It stops right above me, and I can see the structures under it. It has no lights on it and it is completely silent. It then takes off and disappears. Just a few moments later, another object appears above me. This one is sylinder-shaped and moves very slowly across the sky above me. This one too suddenly takes off and disappears, and when it does, silver coloured shimmering, tiny bits of metal, (almost like confetti) falls down from the sky, and now I'm convinced that it was really UFOs, because the confetti- phenomenon is something I've heard of beeing a sure sign of it.

Next, I'm still standing at the same spot, and in front of me, just down the road, some sort of plateau appears. It looks almost like a circular screen. Words start to appear on it, in english. The way the letters appear, they seem to be projected onto the screen from above, and I understand that it is the aliens communicating to me. First the word WE appears. Then the letters dissolve and reshapes into the word ARE. Finally the same happens again and now only the letter Q fills the screen. It is continually canging and reshaping itself in design, structure and colours, but the letter is the same all the time. It looks as different versions of a logo.

Next, the scene has changed, I'm inside a sircular room, there are red velvet curtains on the walls. Inside the room is a man with me. I get the feeling that he is not real. He is maybe some kind of spirit or maybe he is one of the ailien bad guys. (At this point I feel very strongly that there were "good" ailiens in the round UFO and "bad" ailiens in the sylinder shaped craft.) This "man" is circling me in and he is telling me that now I have missed my opportunity to solve the problem in a good way, so now he has come to create an accident. I see images from a street with traffic and traffic lights, and I get a very strong sense that someone will die. I get very scared at first, because I feel that it will be my fault, and I'm very afraid that it will be my boyfreind or our daughter. But then I get angry, and I decide to stay strong and not give into this fear, even though a part of me believes in this terrifying possibility. I start to move around like him, saying "OK, so you're here to scare me.. I'm not that afraid, actually.. what are you going to do about that?" I don't remember how this scene ends, but I remember this inner struggle between believeing what he says, and trying very hard not to.

The scene has changed again, and I'm inside our appartement. It looks totally different, it is like an empty storage building, and there is going to be a huge party. My boyfriend is trying to get our daughter to sleep in her room, but it obviously wont't work. She shouldn't be there at all. He decides to take her over to a neighbours house so she can sleep there. I discover that the toilets are flooded, ( there are many toilets in the room, like in a public building) I instruct the people in there how to use a mop to get the water into the drains on the floor.

Next, I'm standing in the hall, welcoming people. There are peoble everywhere, inside, outside and crowded in front of the door. Then I see a former collegue from kindergarden inside, who is also a musician, he is holding three CD's with my music on. I go up to him and explain to him that it is my songs on the CD's, and that they are not finished yet, but I'm working on it. He doesn't say much, he is drunk and I know that he is partying a lot.
I turn to the door again, and there I see two of my best friends from high school. I run to welcome them and to hug them, but by a mistake I end up hugging a man who I've mentioned before as a person who treated me very bad in the past. He laughes at me, not in a good way, and as we part and he goes past me, I shout at him that he is such a dick. He doesn't turn around but I feel so good having said it.

That's all I remember.
I think this was very confusing, and I can't seem to make much sense of it. Could you please help me once again?

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: UFOs, bad prophesies and a huge party

Inanna,
UFOs are often symbolic of those 'unidentified' aspects of the psyche. Often it is spiritual aspects. Most UFOs are round, or cylinder as in your dream, which of course is a circle. Circles are symbol of wholeness and to be hold there must be a realization {and application} of the spiritual aspect.

But it doesn't have to be spiritual. Your dream UFO disappears but leaves bits of metal 'confetti' which may symbolize 'bits' of strength within yourself. Although you know possess such strength it may not always be evident.

The plateau you see in the dream may be a plateau in your life. We once again see a circular screen. You may be at that stage where you need to realize or are ready to realize new understanding about yourself. But these are still unconscious and need to be 'spelled' out to your conscious mind. WE ARE Q. What could Q be in your life? Spiritual? Metaphysical? Mysterious.

Again the circle. Wholeness, completeness. Strength, inner struggles. Bad aspects, good aspects. Missing an opportunity but now you have the strength to challenge those bad aspects. You must believe in yourself to overcome the bad.

The daughter may very well be you as a child. An empty childhood? You shouldn't have had to endure such a 'wasted' {toilets} childhood. There is a need to 'drain' all the waste that has been accumulated, a need to 'mop' up after all that has happened to you in your life time.

People everywhere. These are aspects of yourself. The one aspect that is unfinished. Spiritual, creative, or even wholeness? Something keeps from finishing what you need to do. The drunken man. Who is he? A part of your own masculine self or a real person from your life?

You are ready to embrace those good things about yourself. But you must also embrace the bad. To understand that the bad from your past is not what or who you are now. Stand up to those bad aspects and call them for what they are. You will only feel complete when you do this completely.

Does the above help make more sense of the dream? And your life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
thank you once again.
I've had to work really hard lately to just get through the day. I've felt drained and tired, and the urgent feeling of having to choose a new and better direction in life has overwhelmed me. I've realized that I have to let go of all the old feelings and destructive patterns that has kept me from living my OWN life. Start doing MY things again, despite the fear of everything falling apart if I don't take responsibility. So this has been a good thing, I feel more alive, but at the same time this process has activated my fear. I'm not used to taking my share of fun and freedom and my fear keeps trying to convince me that I don't deserve it.
It all comes down to my problem with trust, and it has been a real fight lately, but I think I'm winning.

I still don't understand what Q could refer to. It irritates me a bit, because the message seemed to be important. Still, it is not the first time I recieve these cryptic "codes" that I'm not able to break.
You interpretation of the dream fits very well though. I recognize my own childhood, and the drunken man, might be my biological father, who disappeared when I was three. The first three years of my life is sort of a black hole, and I think much of what lies deep in my uncouncious mind roots back to this time. I think that the experience of suddenly been torn away from my father and my childhood home from one day to another has created a deep fear in me. In the following time I was moving from place to place with my mother, who had a strong wish to forget everything and start anew.
I don't know, but it seems that the feeling of insecurity is so deeply rooted in me that it is really hard to get to and to understand. I don't remeber much, but it feels like my whole childhood has a darker shade to it because of this. All my memories, even those from bright sunny joyful days has this intense feeling of fear and grief just below the surface.
So, looking back there is not much telling me that I could ever be safe and truly happy. I know that everything is so easily torn away, and I know that people can't be trusted. Maybe this is not really true now, but the feeling of catastrophy belongs to this little girl, and I don't know how to get through to her.
So I try to focus on just living. Trying to let go, letting myself go out and meet friends and get new impulses, trying to convince myself that life is not a conspiracy against me.

I am both hopeful and a bit fearful in this process. I hope my dreams will give me clues on my way.

Inanna

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Inanna,
I too have wondered what 'Q' could represent. "We are Q".
Recently I was asked in a post where I came up with the password to enter the Dream Forum. Of course that password is Queen {I came up with it because of one of my favorite music is the band Queen, especially the voice of Freddie Mercury}. Could it possibly be your Q is from the word Queen? The dream statement "we are Q" may represent "we are our dreams". The fact is we are our dreams since dreams lack the ego bias and depict who we really are. "We are Q, our dreams are who we truly are".

How close to my requiring a password did you have this dream?

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,
I think you're right!
In norwegian we almost never use the letter Q. So the only thing I connected to the letter appearing in the dream, was the password, which I had recieved just a few days earlier. I also thought of the word Queen, that it might be representing the female aspect of the spirit. I guess I just thought it was too far fetched to mention :)
So maybe, the dream is trying to tell me that my dreams are the key to communicating with my spirit. That's in line with your interpretation of the UFO's too, don't you think?

Inanna

Inanna,
Getting in touch with the higher Self is a primary function of dreams. And when there are circular images, and yes even UFOs, they are often symbolic of that psyche goal. From my page on the 'Self':

• the "guide" of the process of individuation, the regulating center of the personality

• the "goal" of the process of individuation, the symbol of perfect fulfillment of all potential (this is an unconscious goal, not the goal of the conscious ego)

• Reading of the above and Jung's mission of the Self it can be construed that the psyche is indeed seeking 'individuation', becoming ones true self, overcoming the resistance of the ego centered 'self' to discover wholeness, balance and harmony in life. The one thing that the ego utilizes that usually derails the conscious process {even while the unconscious through dreams seeks individuation} are the emotions. The emotions are an accumulation of life's experiences. Dispelling the ego's control of the emotions is exactly what the process of individuation is.

So when we speak of your dreams communicating with your spirit, your higher Self, we speaking about discovering that true self by dissolving those negative emotional aspects that prevent your from living that balanced and harmonious life. And as with most it all begins in childhood.

In your dream it speaks of a plateau {Next, I'm still standing at the same spot, and in front of me, just down the road, some sort of plateau appears}. But it is circular. This to me suggests you are ready to make real advances toward a truly individuated life.

The end of the dreams also seems to be saying much of the same. "but by a mistake I end up hugging a man who I've mentioned before as a person who treated me very bad in the past". You are embracing those negative emotions, confronting the fact that the guy {real life waking person} was a 'dick' and it is time to move on, not letting those past negative experiences have control over your life.
    That is being your true self. A strange phenomena, just as strange for most as is a UFO.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present