Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Testing Forum Status

I have not had any posts for several days and wonder if there are problems with accessing he Forum. If someone would reply to this post that would verify everything is up and running.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Testing Forum Status

All is well from here...

M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

I think all is well, just quiet.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

All quiet on the dreaming front I think.

I too had noticed it was a bit quiet. Just one of those times probably.

I have made the most of the time reflecting on myself.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks for the replies. It is not often that it is so quiet at the Forum. I was concerned there was a glitch in accessing the Forum due to technical problems.

Such times do make me wonder if there is a collective attitude at work. A somber mood seems to be the emotion of the day and often if it is indeed collective it points to something 'big' in the offing. And very often it is nature related. Or as in Star Wars when the evil empire destroyed Princess Laia's home planet; a feeling that a great force suddenly disappears. I do believe in such collective attitudes. They are reflective of the 'collective psyche'.

An experience in my life recently that was foreboding before it occurred. Week before last I had this 'bad' feeling. That happens every once and awhile but these feelings lasted throughout the week. Then on Friday we had severe storms and tornado warnings. In my home town of Murfreesboro a category 4 {out 0f 5} struck and was on the ground for 23 miles. A young mother and her infant daughter died in the destruction. The mother had worked at the sportsplex where I workout. The tornado came within a 1/4 mile of my grandson's home. It left a trail of destruction that looked like a war zone.

I had similar feelings prior to Katrina. And just before 9/11 there were ominous signs {I won't get into the details} of something about to happen. Is this just my mind playing to events that just happened to occur or was it a 'collective' impulse brought about by nature's own mechanisms? As objective as I am, and I am very much an objective person, I do believe in such forces 'within' nature.

Jerry

An interesting concept there Jerry. I almost never watch the news, but late at night on the 11th of September something compelled me to change channel to the news. I called my extended family over who were having a dinner and we watched the horrific events unfold live on TV from the other side of the world.

Since childhood I have experienced an odd sensation that I simply can not figure out. It occurs at random moments, and I can not link it to any specific occurence. Everything seems to become very far away, yet larger. I also have the impression of someone or something almost yelling at me. As a child it used to frighten me a lot. It usually came when I was laying in bed trying to get to sleep. It rarely comes at that time anymore, usually when I am at work later in the afternoon.

Its a very hard sensation to explain, and I can't google it because I can't really describe it. I don't know if it is related, but that is the closest thing I have ever felt to a 'disturbance in the force'.

But I feel there must be some such disturbance. My aunty (who lives in Bali - Indonesia) knew an earthquake was about to hit, that was the preliminary event to the catastrophic tsunami that struck Indonesia a couple of years back, because the birds in the trees went berserk. They must be picking up on some kind of energy signal.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Rook,
I understand where you are coming from with your 'feelings of sensation'. I tend to think of it as a part of the intuitive psyche which is tuned in to the collective psyche within nature. Of course some may ask 'does nature have a psyche'? My response is when enough 'psyche' energy is brought to bear then nature does indeed have a psyche. Barometric pressures, sensations within nature of an upcoming event such as a hurricane or earth quake are well known. Animals have the ability to sense such 'sensations'. Humans are related to all animals {evolution} and it is not a far fetch to believe we still possess such sensory abilities, although in a much less capacity. I practice my intuitive abilities in unusual ways and have been able to enhance some of those qualities. It is there to be developed.

I plan to get into more of the 'mysteries' the psyche in upcoming days.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present