Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Acting and Prizes

In light of the quiet, I dreamt this last night:

I am talking to a (female) friend at work who’s daughter is about my age. In the dream, the daughter is a member of the cast of the Aussie drama; Home and Away. I associate these daughters with being beautiful, and marriage and children. I was telling my (male) friend who lives in Canada / Poland about her, and he wanted to meet her.

I was then aware I was about to receive an acting position on the Aussie drama Neighbours. I went out to a mansion somehow related to this, I think it was some kind of interview or something. I remember it was large and ornate, very ‘up my alley’ and had a fantastic fountain out the front.

I then was entering a competition, putting an entry into a post box, that was more like those newspaper boxes you see on the movies where you have to put the coin in to get a newspaper out. In the box I could see the prizes I could win, my brother and I were discussing the three options we could pick. I was a little disappointed at the prizes but had to choose between gummi-type lollies, chocolate, or alternatively a combination of the two. I was thinking the combination, but my brother insisted on chocolate.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Acting and Prizes

Rook,
Let me give more attention to this 'drama' later today. My 'free time' this morning has run out. Perhaps we will be able to 'get the news out' from your unconscious psyche with a deeper analyzation of the dream. We may be able to determine what disappointments there are in making certain choices in your life.

Now I must be off to slay some 'social dragons'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Rook,
I apologize for not getting to your post from yesterday. Business kept me busy all day and my intuitive mind was completely co-put {out of gas}. That is what the social dragon does to the creative mind.

The drama is most likely your own life. You are 'talking to yourself' about yourself, some aspect of this drama. It is an aspect you wish to get to know better or have an association to that is very positive {there may be actual waking life associations with the daughter if you do know her}.

The mansion with the fountain upfront. Could that represent something to do with the daughter? Mansions often represent your greatest potential. But is there some 'acting' that needs to go along with this potential? Is it your true self?

What is the competition in your life at this moment? You will need to put something of value to get something out of it. Lollies and chocolate, a combination that may have to do with some aspect of your life.

Think chocolate. It is often a 'stimulant' for the libido. What aspects does your friend's daughter possess that is 'up your alley'?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your response. I think this is a good time to announce that my partner is pregnant, we are going to have another child which has made me incredibly happy. This links to the daughter who also had a baby recently, and is definitly a positive aspect of my life at the moment.

On another note, her other daughter recently got married, and I am finally reaching a point where providing the kind of wedding I want for my partner is financially viable. A lot of people have put pressure on me to marry my partner because of my son, but this in my view is a negative view point, that I am marrying her not because I love her but because I had a son to her. I want to provide for her a highlight in her life, and I could only feel that what I could provide at the time would be a disappointment on what should be one of the best days of her life. I feel that what I desire is finally almost at hand, and could be reflected in this dream, though I only just now made that connection and have not contemplated it.

The significance of the Home and Away acting may have to do with playing the father role I suppose, as it is a 'family drama', also I noticed today at work there are big banners up outside my work as the cast of Home and Away will be there this monday. I could have picked up on this unconsciously when walking past there with the friend from work on our way to get coffee.

I also think I have pieced together the 'prize' aspect, and the disappointment with it, and I am amazed at the ingenius use of symbolism. I recently bought a house and am organising the mortgage for it. I had to chose between a variable interest rate (gummi - maleable), a fixed interest rate (chocolate - set), or a combination of both. I was thinking a mix at first, because, say I published a book for instance, or we had a bunch of money come in we could put that extra money into the mortgage, where as if we had a fixed interest rate we can not put any more money into the account asides from the regular repayment. But in the end I was convinced to fix the entire loan (didn't take a lot of convincing though, I am quite conservative - like to play it safe). At the end of the day though, it was a fantastic decision as interest rates are just starting to go back up. Was 'perfect' timing, fortune that has occured again and again throughout my life. The repayments are a little more than I was expecting though, and we may 'struggle' a little, for a bit, but I get a considerable pay rise soon which will help out.

I am still not entirely sure about the first part, the mansion and the fountain, or the acting. I already feel I play the daddy role pretty well, so I don't understand the role I am about to play. Perhaps it is more the role of husband?

Thanks,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Western Australia

stats from 7-14-10 to the present