Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cannabal Bird and Black Widows

The first thing I remember about my dream is that I was standing under this bridge and there was this bird. At first it just started eating little bugs, but each thing it ate got bigger in size, like first it was a worm than a grasshopper, then a big fly bug, and then another bird flew down next to it. A guy appeared next to the eating bird and started to encourage it to eat the other bird and it started getting really hyper and then it went at the other bird and the bird tried to run into a hole in the wall of the bridge piller, but the eating bird got ahold of its backside and the other bird proceeded to run into the hole while the eating bird pulled the other way. Well that eating bird pulled the other birds skin and feathers totally off. The other bird came out of the hole and you could see all the muscles and bones and the guy is still in the background encouraging the eating bird and then the eating bird started chasing the other bird again and it mouth grew huge and totally ate the other bird. I had a feeling that if I didn't get out of there the guy would tell the eating bird to eat me. So I went up on the bridge and started walking on this sort of nature trail and I saw my instructor walk by be. I think he said something to me but I can't remember.

But then everything got fuzzy and I was lying down on a couch in my dorm and my ex boyfriend (who in real life I am still sexual with even though he has a girlfriend) he came into the dorm and layed on top of me and we slept like that for a little bit. And two staff memebers came in and saw David and I knew he was going to get into trouble cause no guys are suppose to be in the dorm, I tried to get up but david wouldn't let me, and he told me to stay still and I didn't want to but it was like my body would not obey my commands but his. Well the staff walked out the door, and I noticed that it was sunset outside and it was really orange outside. Well a couple minutes after the staff left David got up and left, and I was starting to sit up and I still felt groggy and like I didn't have full control over myself and I noticed something attached to my fingers on my right hand and I pulled at it and it was spider web, but it was really strong and heavey duty kinda like that spider fishing wire, and I tried to rub my hand on the side of the couch to get it off my hand but it wouldn't and then I noticed a really big black widow on the end of it, probably about three times the size of a normal black widow. I started freaking out and slinging my hand around and I remember thinking that if I shook my hand then the spider would let go of some of its web, but it didn't it just kept on getting closer and closer to me, and I really started freaking and flung my arm and the spider got flung on my right forearm and I tried so hard to get it off but I couldn't touch it and my left hand wouldn't obey what I wanted it to do.

I woke up breathing really hard and I started crying, which is unusual for me cause I haven't woken up like that for as long as I can remember. If you could help me understand this dream please help me!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 & Aiken, SC USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Cannabal Bird and Black Widows

Hi Alexa

Before I look into this dream with too much depth there are a number of themes that seem to stand out in this dream.

The first being external control. In the initial dream the bird is being sort of 'egged on' into a frenzy by the male character. It seems at first the bird does not want to eat the other bird but it is spurred into action by the man. In the second part of the dream it is you who is not in control of your own body. To me the key seems to be 'you want to do something but you can't bring yourself to do it'.

You perhaps feel threatened, in the first dream you are afraid you will be consumed by the bird. In the second despite your need to get rid of the web and spider you can not 'shake it' (spiders can be a symbol of a 'warning', being caught up in a web? - the web of your ex's deciet [cheating] or drama)

I think David is most likely the central issue here. How do you feel still being sexually active with an ex who has a girlfriend?

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Well at the time I didn't care and in a way I still don't care, cause the way I viewed it is that David was mine and that girl stole him from me. And I wanted to prove to him that no girl can compare to me, and that I was better. Now when I first started sleeping with David I had wanted to get my revenge and tell his girl about what he was doing behind her back, and therefore get back at him. I really had no problem with this cause I didn't like his new girlfriend anyways, she has been a real bitch to me when I tried to help her in the first place and tell her that David was my boyfriend.

Just recently, in fact two days ago (I had this dream about 4 days ago) she emailed me through myspace and asked me to remove all my pictures of him off my profile, likie there was any chance in hell I'd do that. She got a real attitude with be and called me a stocker and a hoe, and I let her have it, I told her everything. But not because I still wanted to gert back at David, but because I wanted her to know that I still had him. I knew it would put a wedge between David and I, but I just didn't realize how much it would hurt me.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Alexa

I think I can see how the initial dream is quite insightful to your situation. It is a perfect description of the scenario, two birds fighting, with a man in the background instigating the fight. It is interesting that the real problem in the scenario is the man, he is the one encouraging the confrontation, yet he escapes without facing responsibility for his actions. This seems true to the scenario in your life. I am not sure of the situation surrounding your breakup with your ex, but you both acknowledge that he is your ex, and yet you still say that he is yours? Is the real culprit here his new girl, or does it reflect more on him. She may have 'stolen' him from you, but he also chose to be stolen. Perhaps you should think about how this reflects on David. Do not forget, he is more than just an inanimate object that is passed backwards and forwards between the two birds, but is more like the conscious man in the background under the bridge. Reassess the situation, I mean you even acknowledge that you told the new girlfriend your secret even though you knew it would drive a wedge between you and David. Is the issue more about trying to hold on to a man that you love, or is it more about your own pride and self-worth?

It sounds like your unconscious (your external point of view of the two birds fighting in the dream) is worried that you will be 'consumed' in this drama, and wants to go 'over the bridge' ie put the whole scenario behind you.

You are caught up in the 'web' of drama involving sleeping with David. Your 'staff' or higher authority is seeing that you are sleeping with him, even though David should not be there anymore (being that he is your ex) but they will not kick him out. It is up to you, if you want to keep fighting with the web (which will not make the web go away, if anything it will bring the 'spider' closer) or else take the other option and cross that bridge.

In summary, the dream seems to be painting a picture of the situation of the unfolding drama surrounding David, and suggesting two options. Continue to fight (for what?) or else put it behind you, learn from your experience and move on.

This is what I see in the dream. Your move.

Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Rook. I think you brought a lot to my attention. I have had a lot of time to think recently and I am trying my best to separate myself from David, I have not talked to him since the day I told his girlfriend. I think I am seeing what was actually going on more now than I ever did with David. I know this sounds wierd, but he's the first guy I ever loved. I try not to think of him, cause I am done with being hurt by him and even though he's not around he can still make me cry and I am done giving him that kind of power over me. He hurt me alot, more than I thought I could hurt.

Thank you for your insight, everything you told me was always right in front of my face but sometimes you need someone to tell you about it and make you notice it. Thanks again!

xoxo
Lexi

Hey Lexi

I think it is the same for all first loves. There is always something special about it that you hold onto forever. But more often than not it simply doesn't work out the way you would like, and you end up crying for hours on the bathroom floor. Sometimes great memories, great times are great treasures to hold onto, but they aren't to be relived.

There is so much to learn in relationships, and there will be many more people come and go throughout your life, not just partners but friends. It is important to know when to let go.

Best of luck,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Western Australia

I know what you mean, and I can't wait to have those new people in my life! I'm such a social person! :) Thanks for everything again and good luck to you too!

xoxo
Lexi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present