Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saving the child & Water

I was actually curious about a couple past dreams. Both involve protecting and saving a child. The first dream was about my cousin, her husband and their daughter with a few exceptions. Earlier in the dream my cousin was there but later on the people aren't the same. Her daughter is 2, this baby I wasn't even sure whether it was a boy or girl and it was under a year old and her husband is actually ex-husband. He was standing there screaming at her, in front of me, because evidently she wasn't doing a good job taking care of the baby, she was very quiet and scared (which in real life she would've NEVER acted like that) and I asked what was going on and he was real calm with me telling me that she wasn't taking good care of their baby. I wanted to hold the baby but I was afraid to ask, afraid that he'd say no and be mad at me even though he was talking to me calmly and screaming at her. And in my dream I was picturing in my head myself holding the baby, just holding it tightly to my chest and just wanting to run out of the house and run away from them. I felt bad for my cousin but I didn't think that their baby should be with either of them but I just had this very strong desire to protect the baby.

In my second dream, the following night, I also dreamed of protecting a child. I was with my co-workers and a little girl came up to me and started talking to me and crawled up on my lap and we were talking. In my dream I knew her, but real life I don't. The dream skips and I'm walking with the child, in this building that's like part mall, and again my co-workers are there. Suddenly I knew there were bad guys coming and they were after the child so I had to hide her. I told her to run and hide in a very small place that only she could get in but wouldn't look like a hiding spot (I had a picture of my mom's dresser I guess b/c our cat hides under there and I figured they wouldn't think a child could get under there.) I started going another way but felt like I needed to turn around and go back and one of my co-workers had the child, who was now a boy, and was taking him back to his parents and I was trying to tell her no that the bad guys were after him but I couldn't get it out and I finally agreed thinking he might be safer and that I could go with and explain to his parents the danger he's in so he can be better protected.

The dream skips and I'm outside a caffe where they have outdoor seating, the bad guys are after me now, I know I should run but I can't. There's three of them coming after me, with guns of course, and a HUGE title wave comes in out of no where and I know it's going to wash them away and kill them and I know I should move because I could drown too but I just can't move.

Ok, sorry this is so long but I kinda feel like the two dreams go together, or have a similar theme with the protecting the child thing. The last thing I want to add is that everytime I dream of water, it's a LARGE body of water and it's always meant to "wipe out" and to "kill" I have never dreamed of like taking a shower, or water running in the sink or any small body of water. I was wondering what's going on with these dreams about the children and the killer water, it is VERY bizzare!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, Southern California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Saving the child & Water

Leeann,
I will provide a more detailed response later, probably on Sunday morning. A couple of comments and questions. What was your childhood like? Was there conflicts between your mother and father when you were growing up. The dream may be addressing such conflicts.

"I was picturing in my head myself holding the baby, just holding it tightly to my chest and just wanting to run out of the house and run away from them."

If 'running away from them' is not addressing parental issues then is there a child associated with your cousin that may fit here. Or an experience earlier in life as a child having to do with you cousin? Protecting the child most likely is something you feel inwardly important. Either the child is you or is symbolic of a a past experience.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Leeann,
Two possibilities the first dream may be speaking to is your own childhood and/or is addressing fears of being able to do a good job of taking care of an infant yourself. It could very well be both. Do you have concerns about being able to take care of a baby properly? Looking back at your childhood, did your parents, in particular your mother, do a good job of nurturing you. They could be tied together. If your mother did not have proper child raising skills {which are mostly inherent} then those deficiencies may have carried over to your psyche producing fears of an inability to properly raise a child.

Of course another possibility is the baby is a metaphor for something new in your life you feel you are incapable of handling. Dreams speak mostly in metaphors {an exception being the personal relationships with family members}. Has there been anytjing new in your life of recent that gives you concern about being able to do the job correctly?
The second dream leaves me with the impression the child needing protecting is you, or was you when you were younger. In the dream you unconsciously know her but consciously you may have hidden these past experiences away thus you do not recognize the child in the dream. I also sense the experiences from childhood may have produced a personality that has negative implications in adult life {the reason your co-workers are in the dream}. Do you have such negative personality qualities that produce problems when associating with other people?

The picture of your mom's dresser may support my suspicions about this child being you. A need to hide from the 'bad guys' is a childhood fantasy but can actually be hiding from something in real life when you were a child {neglect being one of them} and could also be addressing 'hiding' past experiences from conscious thought in the present day {repression}. Although the child turns out to be a boy it may also be addressing your childhood. Do you have brothers? Perhaps the dream is addressing the need for 'protection' in childhood of you and your siblings.

The 3 'bad guys' and knowing {in the dream} they wil be 'washed away' would be referring to the unconscious {water is often symbolic of unconscious contents-not being fully aware of certain experiences in your life, possibly repressing those experiences}. The "LARGER the body of water the deeper into the unconscious these experiences reside {are hidden}.

Again the other possibility is these are symbolic representations of somethin new in your lief that you have a fear of not being able to handle and/or something that is threatening you. But I don't see that as the primary purpose of the dreams. I believe they {dreams} are addressing childhood issues of your own and possible personality traits that are a result of your childhood experiences.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

In answer to your first post: No, there weren’t really any conflicts between my mother and father. I grew up with them being split before I was born and whenever my father came to pick me up for his time to spend with me him and my mother were always so friendly towards each other, they’ve never acted or made me feel like they hate each other. Like it was more that they just went their separate ways and not some horrible break up. However, I have always felt the need to defend him because sometimes my mother would pick on him (and still does) like when he’d have to break plans and I know she was mad because it hurt me but I still felt protective of him and like I needed to defend him. She’s never really trashed talked him but it’s I guess just little implied things sometimes that make it seem like she doesn’t think he’s a good father. In some ways I am VERY much like him and I think I understand things she doesn’t and I think that’s what makes me feel the need to stand up for him. Now, there was lots of conflict between my mother and step-father. They acted, for years, like they completely hated each other (and I’m sure they did) and they only stayed together because financially it worked for them, if they split they would be struggling financially so they just stayed together.

As for my cousin, I think there are things she does that are stupid and maybe a little immature but it’s not my job to tell her how to parent and I wouldn’t. I think we see a lot of parents doing stupid stuff and would like to say something but we bite our tongues because it’s not our job to tell them how to raise their kids. I don’t feel like her daughter is in any danger being with her. I know that she really loves her daughter and would do anything for her and wouldn’t put her in any danger.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Actually it’s quite opposite, I feel like I have strong maternal instincts and I think I’d do well raising a child. When I was a kid, my parents had already been split up. They were never married, just dating, and split before I was born so I grew up with my parents already being apart. My mom did date and then stuck with one guy for many years though they never got married either. He had a son already, older than me, and nothing but trouble. I also have a younger brother who is ADHD and Bi-Polar and is mentally younger than his real age. He’s always had problems and growing up I felt like the older one was a trouble maker, and the younger one was babied (by my mother, especially since our step-father was abusive to him) and that I had to make up for both. It seemed like I could never do anything right, that I was never good enough. I also felt like because of my little brothers problems that I kind of had to grow up more quickly, my mother didn’t want anything to do with the problems so she ignored them and either went in her room and watched television or read a book and she worked so even when she was at work I always felt like I was in the middle having to come between my brother and step-father to try and keep the peace. It’s always seemed like I was more of a mother than a sister. My step-father also abused me but no one knew about it, I couldn’t tell anyone about it until I was an adult and even then it was hard, maybe my sub-conscious thinks she didn’t protect me well enough from him?

As for something new in my life, there isn’t anything new at all. I don’t think I have a negative personality, I’m very shy and reserved but once I know someone I open up. I do have a short temper for stupidity. I do have social anxiety and it makes it hard to socialize. And I don’t know if it makes a difference but I do have some animosity towards some of my co-workers because they get away with doing whatever they want.

Yes I have two brothers (I don’t count the step-brother anymore since my mom and “step-father” split) they are both half brothers. One is older, we share the same father but not mother and aren’t very close, we never talk. The second is the younger one with the problems, we have the same mother but not father. I was also wondering if maybe my sub-conscious feels like I didn’t do a good job of taking care of (or “saving”) my younger brother from my step-fathers abuse, like I could have done more. Or maybe even feel guilt for doing what my step-father said even if it meant hurting my brother, or helping HIM hurt my brother.

Leeann,
There seems to be some underlying conflict being addressing in your dreams. Although you do not associate the events as explained as being conflicts I believe there is more to it than you state. Not to question your sincerity but to pose the possibility there are unconscious aspects that you have yet to realize. Too much denial in your response leads me to be believe there are unconscious aspects that have yet to be confronted. In the future, as you age and mature, these unconscious aspects will expose themselves. If you will post future dreams perhaps we will be able to determine more about the dreams and you. There are opposing answers in your response
that needs clarification, for your own mind. Not a negative person but you do possess negative qualities {short temper, being shy as opposed to opening up, and the stupidity}. And there is the abuse from your step father. What type relationship did you have with him? Were there real conflicts there?
Again, if you are interested in learning more about yourself I suggest you post future dreams. There will be a need to want to discover what is 'within' you that is so conflictive. Dreams reveal the true nature of who we are and often we are not aware of how past conflicts play on who we are and personality.
Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present