Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking in the mirror

Warm greetings Gerard, I have two dreams that sort of appeared close to each other. In the first one:

I am looking in the mirror and all of a sudden I see myself shape shifting into something else, human like, but so different from what I or any other human being look like. It was a frightening experience. I had 4 chubby fingers, fat somewhat deformed face; it wasn't ugly but so different from me. I look away. I am so intrigued by what I see and I go back to the mirror to have another look, same figure appears. I wake up very disturbed by it.

In the second dream, I am standing by a window looking outside. I see a multitude of planes in the sky from regular size planes to toy like one, very small. I pick one and take it inside, it was a small cute plane. The sky is flocked with these planes. I inform people inside and they start saying we have been invaded by aliens. I question that because the planes look just like commercial aircrafts. Shortly after I am alone again looking outside seeing New York City and all of a sudden the entire places freezes to ice, I am scared to death to witness this and ask myself, have I died, am I still alive? Seconds later, almost instantaneously the icy city turns into beautiful green pastures of grass. I wake up scared and confused.

My current state of being: in discovery mode. I have learned a lot about myself in the past 5 months, many emotions, doubts, insecurities I have been suppressing have bubbled to the surface, surprisingly all at the same time, which has been a bit overwhelming. I feel the fabric of my own life in my hands, like never before. I know where I have been and very aware of experiences along the way. Now I am at the gate of creation, with my life in my hand, not sure what shape to give to all this great potential I feel and have.

Thank you for all you do.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 NYC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Looking in the mirror

Could the first dream be addressing 'expanded' aspects of who you are vs to who you need to be? It could be a negative aspect in one respect, something that is not the real you. Looking into a mirror often represents self reflection. Shape shifting may suggest you have turned into something less than 'human', or better yet being someone you really are not. It is a 'disturbing' part of who yourself. The dream may be pointing to the ego self, uncreative, out of 'shape', deformed. Haing been in a discovery mold {as you stated} the dream may be looking at that old self that is not who you wish to be. You are beginning to discover those 'inner' characteristics of strenght. Those usually involve the creative aspects, your greatest potentional being in the creative aspects.

Windows also often represent 'reflection'. The outside is the ego self. The airplanes may alos have to do with 'higher potentional', deifferent aspects of the inner self, big and small. That creative self has ben invaded by 'aliens'. These aliens being of the 'commerical' kind may represent social requirements {what I call the social dragons}. When you give into teh social requiremenst of 'profit' and ego you are frozen in a world that is without the creative self. You must die to that old self and become alive to the inner Self of creativity. There is where the world, your world, turns to green {your greatest potentiall to personal growth}. But to turn away from social requirements, abandon those inherent society patterns you have lived with all your life can be most frightening.

When in the 'discovery' mold you enter into a new world of your greatest potential. This what Joseph Campbell called 'the following your bliss', being that person who discovers the true inner Self, not obligated to social duty but free to explore the creative instincts within yourself. A whole new world opens up. But it usually requires you to leave the old world of ego and social duty. It is a death and resurrection {the best known motif being Jesus on the cross, dying to the ego self and being resurrected to the inner world of creativity and spirituality}. And it can be frightening. Campbell does a masterful job in detailing the hero/heroine' adventure {the process you are involved with when in that discovery mold} in his 'The Power of Myth videos. My sense is you are at that 'threshold' of discovery. You can get a sense of that threshold in my opening video 'The Hero's Journey in Film'. You become the heroine when you cast off the ego world of material worth and social obligations {making money} and put all your efforts into that creative Self. The creative Self is one aspect of the greater Self, spiritual {far greater than any one religion}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present