Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
116 Pill

This dream, from January (2009) was originally posted under a separate dream thread of mine - Airport Man. I am placing it here again, as I received a piece of information over the weekend that sheds light on the meaning/timing of the dream.

~

I recieve a brief communication from Helen – an intuitive woman, my astrologer. I have a sense of laying to go to sleep and not comfortable. There there is something which needs to be seen that I am hesitant to see/not seeing. Then, a message from a doctor, concerning my son and his medications. I see a blister packet of pills. There are several smaller sized pills and then one larger pill. I see a number inscribed on this pill: 116. I understand it to be twice the strength of the other pills. I have the sense he needs these medicines because he is having a hard time coping, with emotions. Later, when I wake for the morning, I am as if in communication with a doctor who is telling me that being in our point of power is to be fully embodied, in our bodies.

~

My earlier comments:
In Helen’s astrology readings for me, she (of course) often suggests the need to look at the things of my past. Her interpretation of my current transits suggests I have moved into a period where I will (that it is necessary for me) to look at anything that has not yet been looked at. My current experience validates this. I think this dream of last night is showing my awareness of a tendency to not want to explore more areas of my soul that need emotional cleansing. Perhaps the medicine is showing the need for tamping down emotional vicissitudes, to make the way easier – or perhaps how I cover them up. Why a pill twice the size of the others? That it is my son may be referring to a younger aspect of my animus, who was unable to successfully cope with emotional vicissitudes. This woud be true for both him, too, for he does not cope will with his emotions and has medicated them (with street drugs) in the past. It fits with an earlier portion of my journey, when first I started healing resultant to a powerful and spontaneous kundalini rising which left me with heaps of raw emotion (and else) that was overwhelming for me. It could also reflect earlier years when I used drugs as an adolescent and teenager, to numb myself from the pain I lived in. Exploring the possibilities here as I write… The age of 16 was a very difficult time for me. Is this the pill I need to take? I then wake with the doctor telling me that my point of power is to be fully embodied. Perhaps he is telling of the need to fully experience the emotions not earlier experienced, those which were instead stuffed into the black bag of my past. That only through that will I reach the needed healing.

~
I visited with my son over the weekend. I have not seen him since last October. Though I was not certain of it (suspected it, but was not sure...and preferred it to not be so), my son (I learned yesterday) was still using drugs. He was addicted to opiates and could not suffer through the vicissitudes of withdrawal. He finally got serious about himself and went for help, at the time of this dream, via a doctor who prescribed a sublingual medication used in drug withdrawal maintenance programs. Happy for and and proud of him, I am, and enlightened to find that this dream was in fact (at least in part) telling of the condition of my son. Had I been better able to intuit that then, I could have supported him through prayer. As it turned, I feel I did support him on an energy level, for I was certainly processing a lot of energy at that time, not really sure what all of it was... I know that my counsel (when he was with me) did help him, for I witnessed the effects of that in all that he shared with me yesterday, but he was not comfortable asking Mom for help aloud, perhaps as he interpreted judgment, of which he was correct, there was still judgment...this was spoke to in a later dream featuring my son: "Basement Shooting."

Do you think if someone calls for our help, we hear?

Kristi

- who will get to responding to my more recent dream, soon!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: 116 Pill

Kristi,
I will provide an interpretation this weekend. My computer crashed and the laptop I am using works for a short time before it also malfunctions. Getting a new PC this weekend.
Thanks,
Jerry

Thank you, Jerry.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
Almost overlooked this post. I'll give my thoughts in the morning.

The good news is I have a new computer {bought with money I may later wish I had}. It is fast and thus far easy to use {an inexpensive emachine}. The Windows Vista program is much better than my old XP program. A lot of storage, fast and easy.

Computers and the internet. And our 'great expectations' in the 21st century. Below is a video with some history of the computer, the year 1993, a short YouTube video. We have come a long way.
In the 20th century it was television and interstate hiways. Today it computers and the internet hiways.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you Jerry.

1993! And computers! I believe my former spouse and I bought our first computer that year. It was a Tandy and we paid 5x as much for it as my current PC. It moved liked pond water and this one is like lightning, comparatively.

I like what the clip ended with...that people need to feel rooted. The internet has its dangers and hazards, but it does provide a means of "connection" that can serve us well when used discriminately.

Kristi

Kristi,
I bought my first new computer {Compaq} in 1998 at a cost of $1700. The new computer I bought over the weekend cost less than $400.

That same year {1998} was the year I placed Myths-Dreams-Symbols on line and used Angelfire.com as the tool to do so. It was still early in my education in web design {self taught} and my first endeavor to present my creative Self to the world. I was still a babe when it came to dream interpretation. So much has changed in suych a short period of time.

In 1998 I was also interviewed, and briefly mentioned, in a New York Times article To Surf, Perchance to Dream. The question posed then 'was there evidence of computers being a source for our dreams'? The answer then and now is the same. I have seen very few dreams that involved computers. Guess they have yet to become an 'archetypal' image or even a personal image within our dreams. But I expect that to change as our collective psyche evolves with the times.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I had a dream some years ago (end of 2004), of a computer. It was during a time of intense movement of spiritual energy in my life. All I saw was the monitor. The screen was red with a warning, saying "turn me off." I took it to mean that I was being told to get out of my mind and allow the process that was unfolding in me.

Kristi

Kristi,
Of course Helen within your dream would represent your own intuitive, psyche self, her being that model of foresight and insight. As for the pills and your son's addiction. Remember Jung's instructions; dreams compensate what we already know. That includes unconscious knowing which also encompasses intuitive knowledge. Deep down you probably knew there was that probability your son would revert to his old drug using ways. And the sensing aspect which has undoubtedly grown and developed {interpreting dreams will help develop the intuitive sense} probably plans a large role in the dream, and your sensing his backsliding.

"Do you think if someone calls for our help, we hear?
Reminds me of the phrase, 'If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one there to hear it does it make a sound?
Yes there is a sound and it reverberates around the world. It may not be heard consciously but unconsciously it affects the whole cosmos.

Do we hear a call for help? Yes, I think we do. Did you not hear it in your dream?

Jerry

Yes there is a sound and it reverberates around the world. It may not be heard consciously but unconsciously it affects the whole cosmos.

Do we hear a call for help? Yes, I think we do. Did you not hear it in your dream?

Thanks, Jerry. I appreciate that my intuitive aspect is growing, more and more. It is some months late in coming, but receiving this validation from my son was significant for me.

Kristi

Hi Jerry,

You wrote:

That same year {1998} was the year I placed Myths-Dreams-Symbols on line and used Angelfire.com as the tool to do so. It was still early in my education in web design {self taught} and my first endeavor to present my creative Self to the world. I was still a babe when it came to dream interpretation. So much has changed in suych a short period of time.
I was reading this thread again and wanted to say that what you shared above is encouraging for others (me included), for that really is a short time for all that has changed, for how MDS has grown/evolved.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present