Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fears

A few nights ago I had a dream. I was in a hallway getting something out of a locker. I was in a hospital gown and in my dream I knew that I had just had a baby, but I had not seen the baby yet. Looking down the hall, all the people from my office came down the hallway. They were all very excited and cheering that we go and see the baby. We go into the hospital room and I get back into the bed and the doctor (unknown) hands the baby to me. It is a beautiful baby, except that it is a little larger than a regular newborn and it's eyes are bright blue with this scary glossy film over them. I hold the baby and look down smiling and say "Hi" (with a baby voice). The baby looks right at me and makes a baby noise that sounds just like "Hi". Everyone in the room oohs and aahs at how cute that coincidence was. Then I look down again and say (again in baby tones), "How are you?. The baby again looks directly at me but this time its face is a little angry and it says in a very creepy voice "How are you?. We all get a little scared and the baby starts to crawl to the end of the bed and I yell "slow down". It looks back at me and with the same creepy voice repeats me again. This is when I woke up, but this dream has been haunting me for days.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Murfreesboro, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Fears

Hi Amanda,

Is there anything going on at work (around co-workers) that is causing emotional responses in you?

The dream may be showing that you are accessing (going into storage locker) some feelings you are not conciously addressing in waking life. The doctor is a helpful, masculine aspect calling (bringing)this to your attention. Whatever is being asked to be looked at is likely something that is stirred within you when at work, around your office co-workers...

Do you sometimes not speak out some inner feelings? Do you feel "mocked" by others? Are you "HAVING A BABY" about something ... meaning, are there strong emotions erupting or wanting to erupt ... you know that old saying that goes something like, "Don't have a baby about it!!!"

Is this helpful?

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Amanda C

Here are some other possibilities

* "getting something out of a locker" , , , you are letting something out that you have locked away , , , it is something that you haven't seen yet, , something of yourself , , just as a baby is something of yourself (or it may relate to something you have 'created')

* the location - in a hospital - a place of healing

* on the surface all appears normal , , , people approve
- do people perceive you as cute ?

The baby is reflecting back to you - with the truth one finds in children

* so what is the issue - anger ?
- is there something you are angry about?
- is the other side of you anger ?
Do you portray a nice face to the world and yet underneath is an angry baby ?

Finally, "slow down" - is this the advice to you ? what was the tone of the voice , , threatening ? sarcastic ?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Also, try not to be afraid, or to judge the dream. A dream may sometimes seem odd or spooky, but it is just trying to call something to your attention, to help you.

Kristi

Amanda,
You have been given great advice by two of the most talented dream 'sages'. Justin and Kristi are truly gifted with their insights to the dreamworld.

Let me see if I can add to their insights by breaking down what I see within the dream

• conscious connection to locked emotions/aspects of yourself

• healing giving way to new possibilities/beginnings that has yet to materialize

• it involves your total being, may be of great importance to you

• it may involve actual waking experiences from your work place

• it could involve 'new' expectations from your job

• those expectations may be promising but may be too high or expected too soon

• conflicts may be involved in this process of expectations

• Are there expectations of new possibilities involving your job? Babies, if not actual expectations in your waking life, often represent new things in your life. The locker probably represents emotional expressions that are locked within your psyche that needs to be let out. There may be a conflict of the expectations from your job. Since the baby does seem to be in a positive frame of being {a positive greeting, being cute, the oohs and aahs} the suggestion that 'it' slows down may represent a need for you to 'slow' your expectations.

Does this fit with your waking life experiences, especially involving job related experiences? As Justin and Kristi suggest you may holding back inner emotions {locked away in a locker}. That may be the reason for the hospital scenes, these emotions may need to be let out {there is also the possibility of the opposite, you have been too vocal with your emotions}. Examine job related issues prior to the dream and see if there is a connection. There is always the possibility the dream is addressing actual 'expectations' having to do with real babies. But that seems unlikely due to the prominent inclusion of work related experiences within the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

These comments were thoroughly helpful. I have not had much experience with dream interpretation, but after some evaluation, all three responses made a lot of sense to me.

I was initially worried that it had more to do with the baby itself, rather than issues that I might be supressing and now trying to retreive. I will definately think differently about my dreams from now on.

I have been holding back things at work, which I always have done and there were certain people that I focused on in the dream, that are probably at the center of this issue in my life.

Thanks to all for you insights!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29 Murfreesboro

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Amanda,

You're welcome. Glad we were able to be of help.

The thing to try to root out for understanding is why you do not speak up at work?

It most likely directly relates to your childhood.

Imagine a child who is mocked or chided (or called a "baby") when they try to express something... Could that child learn and grow to confidently express him or her self?

The work situation/persons are pushing the buttons of a wound that originated very early in your life.

This is how dreams help us. They give us keys that help to understand our complexes, so that we may heal/become more whole.

Best,
    Kristi

Amanda,
    The world of dreams can be exciting. It provides insights to your true emotional being, negating the biased influence of the ego. We all too often go through life focused on the outer self and forget that there is a whole world of inner being. Whereas you have to bend and strain to fit in with what society requires, the inner world only requests that you be who you really are, your true self. As you age, and we all do, those inner aspects begin to take on new meaning. Ask your friends who have already begun that journey into mid-life {you are approaching that age 35-55 of mid-life}. What was important earlier in life becomes insignificant as you grow. The emotional self can have too much control and if you do not learn to be objective, and when life throws you a brick all too often you become buried under emotional strain. If you will begin now to look within {look at your foundations from childhood and the progression of your life} you will learn to understand why you are who you are and why you act and react as you do to experiences in the present. And if you put enough energy into that effort, you will soon discover another person within the old self, one dedicated to personal growth through the creative aspects. There is where the true self resides.

But alas, the material world doesn't go down without a fight. And more often than not it wins. The life is focused on ego and those unconscious controlling aspects {we all possess such aspects} will constantly lead you to dead ends. The goal is to take control, understand those deepest motivations to personality and ego, overcome the negatives and create new positives. The answers lie within. I offer some insights in the pages at MDS, knowledge of self and Self {ego and higher aspects}. If you will take time to investigate the possibilities here, you may learn new things about yourself you never consciously knew. Unconsciously you have always known it.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present