Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recurring dream - different Spiritual symbols

Hi All

I want to compare three dreams I have had (the first two I have already posted, but the third is new). They always seem to follow a similar path, but with different symbols. The last dream I think has given a crucial link, and want to share, others may have a good vantage point on this.

I feel it is a good example of what I read in one of Jung's books, that if the dreamer does not interpret the dream, the dream will come back around and try again.

I will outline a basic plot in the first post, then add an additional post with what I have gathered from the dreams.

Dream 1 - Holy Grail in a Box

My partner and I are trying to get into a box-puzzle (had been watching Amazing Race, theme could be gathered from there). To unlock the box you have to undo all the latches in the right order. Inside is the Holy Grail, but the focus was not on the grail itself, but a vision of the water within it. There was only a trickle of water, but this was joined by a sense of unlocking the ‘fountain of youth’, or eternal water, that would last for eternity.

Dream 2 - Arc of the Covenant

I dreamt I was Kyle XY (a character on a tv show on Fox). I got into a Sysyx laboratory where a secret box was hidden. I located the box, which was the Arc of the Covenant. If I took the box an alarm would sound, I was not supposed to keep it, similar to the Grail scene in Indy & the Last Crusade. The box was only small, big enough to fit in your hand. I opened it expecting to find the stone tablets of the ten commandments but all there was were wood cuttings of different letters / symbols. I took the box and ran.

I found myself outside near a river. There was an amphibious helicopter taking off and landing into the river. I jumped into the river as the helicopter was landing, and the helicopter crashed. I was scrambling to try to get out of the river, I was afraid of the rotor blades, but in the end the helicopter crashed a fair way away from where I was. Once I was out of the water looking down on the wreckage I was told that this was meant to happen.

From the Arc of the Covenant, by saying the right letter / word, I was able to jump higher, or run faster, depending upon what I 'willed'. I used this to run up to, and leap onto an old simple wooden ship. Below decks I joined a circle of men and women who were being explained the 'rules' of the ship. Each person had to pair up with someone for each cabin. Asides from that there were no rules.

In the circle I held hands with the two ladies either side of me. The lady on my left was insistent on being paired up with me, and slowly 'drifted' across in front of my view, though her face was facing the centre of the circle of people so all I could see was her ear, cheek and hair. The lady on my right was more interested in the man on her right, and was suprised when I held her hand.

Dream 3 - Nazi escape

I was an officer in the Nazi-German army of WWII, on a small dock with a helicopter on a river. It was after the war had ended, and I had been given some of the army's secrets, to keep it from falling into the Allied hands.

My family was loaded into a helicopter, but I was not to join them. They were getting to safety away from the enemy. As soon as the helicopter took off I knew the General had been deceptive, and meant the helicopter to crash. Sure enough he pulled out a remote switch and detonated a bomb on the helicopter, and the helicopter crashed into the river, killing all on board.

I resented this, but knew I had to get away from the enemy with my secret intelligence.

End of dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Recurring dream - different Spiritual symbols

My take on the symbols:

The dreams all have to do with 'spiritual' secrets / objects. The first two dreams focus on 'finding / undoing the puzzle' to 'unlock' these secrets.

The puzzle I feel is myself, the locks are something along the lines of realisations about myself that I am not currently aware of? Possibly also the seven seals of Revelation?

The reward, something of great spiritual value. Always what is 'inside' the object is the focus. In the first dream it is the waters of the Grail, the second the words in the Arc. Possibly linked to the idea of the 'force' - it makes you run faster / jump higher? ie perform at a higher level, could be linked to strength of will? Intuition?

In the third dream I feel this reward is linked to the secret Nazi intelligence, though in this dream it is not unlocked, I am given it, and what is inside is not the focus, hence I feel this dream is more associated with the latter parts, but follows a similar theme.

I link the Nazi's with the occult. I have looked at the occult a bit, but feel a lot of it is hocus pocus nonsense, smoke and mirrors. But I do feel that there is something hidden in amongst it all, but it would take incredible patience and skill to fillet out that which is hidden. But perhaps this dream is a call to take the time to pursue that?

I felt the same way when I started looking at the King Arthur legends (linked to the Holy Grail). It is so overwhelming in the symbology of the stories, and a lot of detail that seems of little consequence, it is hard to 'get the message'. But it does stir my imagination, more so than the occult.

The next part of the dream is the helicopter crash. In the first dream it is simply a helicopter, with no real link to me. The link is reinforced in the second dream with it containing my family (a fictional family, not my actual wife & children). Thus I feel the helicopter is linked to me, but also not all of me (I am not on it) which does relate quite well to Justin's previous identification of it being my ego.

The helicopter crashes into a river. The river in both dreams, I do not feel associates so much with the emotional aspects, in both dreams it is quite calm, and this as a symbol does not make sense to me in relation to the helicopter crash. It could relate to my personal boundaries as Justin suggested, or possibly to the flow of time?

The boundaries makes sense in relation to the second dream as the 'reward' gives me the ability to run faster and jump higher (ie overcome my boundaries), and through that power I embark upon a ship, and join a circle of men and women. The ship, a classic symbol of the anima. The circle, completeness, cyclical, or perhaps a mandala symbol of balance, especially as the people seem to be distributed male then female.

I really need to pick up Parcival again and read the Fisher King...

I want to get to the bottom of this since it keeps repeating on me, but I am still struggling to fully grasp it, I assume because of the repeating motif. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

hello

those are really vivid and profound.

keep seeking the answer.

post more dreams on here when you get them .

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 wsh

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Hi Rook,

this is the work - you have posted a great example of the reflection required to distil the meaning of these dreams as they relate to you.

It can sometimes help to 'separate' a personal theme from a bigger theme, about the meaning of life for example.
Often dreams will have both themes (or more). So we can learn about ourselves and something about the deeper, real meaning of life.

In relation to all the details of the tales : personally I am not sure if each detail is relevant all the time, and some may have crept in there over the years as a flamboyant flourish by some author. Then again I think of the human body - we don't use all the bits all the time, but they are all useful at the right time.

Regarding the occult - which seems directed towards powers to do things / get things , , , this may be for contrast; to show you the difference. Actually the powers are the same on both sides - the difference is the perception of the power. Also, in the Nazi dream ,, , the box remained sealed did it not ? could this mean that this path does not give access to the real secrets / value / treasures of life?

Can you move these dreams from an intellectual exercise to having meaning for you ? How are these themes relevant to your life ?
What are the key themes ?

good work - that's right

Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Thanks Justin

You raise some excellent points here. I like the analogy of the tales to the human body. I have always read every word with care, and in relation to stories such as this I try to absorb every little detail where perhaps this is over-doing it, and it does not all apply immediately. This has certainly been true in the past. Perhaps I should try more to enjoy the tale and let it absorb me instead.

I also see your point about showing the difference in the power. The Nazi's I certainly see in a negative light, as seeking this power for personal gain. To be honest it is not so much power that drives my 'quest' but rather the desire for knowledge and understanding. Like the lost character Kyle XY. I suppose I can relate quite clearly to his predicament.

I also have to thank you for highlighting the next step for me, that being to complete the exercise from something merely intellectual to giving the dreams meaning in relation to my life.

The central motif seems to be unlocking the puzzle, in a spiritual sense, I am assuming of myself. Who I am spiritually. Or perhaps at the core of my being. Perhaps I have to figure out who it is I am at heart (inside the holy grail / arc) and what it is I want. If I can 'puzzle' that out, I will be able to run faster and leap higher as my life would have a lot more direction... something that I am somewhat lacking in.

Hmmm something to ponder. Thanks Justin.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present