Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mythos Videos Now Available at Myths-Dreams-Symbols

I've spent some time over the last several days getting my mojo motivated and renewing my creative juices. For those who did not know I am also the webmaster of Myths-Dreams-Symbols. MDS is my creative outlet, the 'true self', enjoying the bliss that is the inner life. I haven't had the time, nor the motivation, as of late to be creative, my day job {managing my fence construction business} taking all my energies. But I haven't lost it, I am only delaying doing it fulltime.

If there is one battle that the hero/heroine of myth must overcome, it is the conflict between social duty and the creative Self. Having been rejuvinated the last several days I understand that better than perhaps of anytime in the past 15 years I have been on my journey. To have the time to creative, that is the true bliss of the soul.

Mythos is actually a new and improved version of Transformations of Myth Through Time. This is an enlightening series of film hosted by Susan Sarandon. Nearly 10 hours of the wisdom of Joseph Campbell. You must see these videos. They will provide insights to the inner world that few philosophies can. One aspect of the primer for anyone who wishes to study Jungian psyche, Mythos is a philosophy for the soul. Take time to watch them. You will be a better, and wiser person for doing so.

Mythos
Volumn 1:
Psyche & Symbol

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Mythos Videos Now Available at Myths-Dreams-Symbols

Here is the first video. Below it is descriptions of the indivdual videos.

Joseph Campbell - Psyche and Symbol (1 of 10)

Mythos: Vol. 1, The Shaping of Our Mythic Tradition (1999)

• Mythos - 1.1: Psyche & Symbol - The psychological impulse for and response to myth.

• Mythos - 1.2: The Spirit Land - How myths awakened American Indians to the mystery of life.

• Mythos - 1.3: On Being Human - The emergence of myth in early hunter-gatherer societies.

• Mythos - 1.4: From Goddesses to God - The gradual shift from the Goddess to male, warlike deities.

• Mythos - 1.5: The Mystical Life - Non-biblical mythic strains that helped shape the Western spirit.

Mythos: Vol. 2, The Shaping of the Eastern Tradition (2000)

• Mythos - 2.1: The Inward Path - The core myths of the great Asian religions.

• Mythos - 2.2: The Enlightend One - The Buddha and enlightenment, East and West.

• Mythos - 2.3: Our Eternal Selves - Yoga and transcendence.

• Mythos - 2.4: The Way to Illumination - Kundalini yoga and the seven chakras.

• Mythos - 2.5: The Experience of God - Tibetan Buddhism and the spiritual journey that is death.

• Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I've watched the first 25 minutes of Mythos I and it is so powerful. There is a lot of new material that has been added since the original lectures in Transformations of Myth Through Time. Campbell's great ability to 'articulate' is what makes his works so useful, and understandable, and is a wonderful primer for studying Jungian psyche. Campbell simplifies Jungian thought. This first video gives useful insights of what archetypes are {Universal symbols}, explains the ego relationship, the shadow and the origins of the anima/animus aspects. Campbell breaks it down to understandable language we all can understand.

I would like feedback on your thoughts, comments, observations.

Jerry

Incredible

I have watched Part 1 of Mythos , , , wow

Something I learned - of relevance to me
* the difference between the right hand path / myths and the left hand path /myths. And locating myself, and really getting it.

Clearly I am on a left hand path - and in my dreams have 'turned to the left'; taken a road that curves sharply to the left , , , I had thought it meant to the unconscious, to the intuitive side, and it does , , , and much more.

From Mythos:
"The Right Hand path – the village compound, that keeps one fixed within the context of ones world. A ‘respected’ life.(Obey the rules, be rewarded, be successful).

The Left Hand path – ‘flipped out’, may have the feeling that there are incongruities (doesn’t fit); move out , , into a realm of danger – there are no rules; it is the way of one’s own bliss; creativity; may not be repected, but certainly interesting (to ones self).
These are the two choices."

I bow to the wisdom of Joe

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Justin,
Of all the books, essays, lectures, interviews that Campbell gave, it was his Mythos {which evolved from the original Transformations of Myth Through Time} that provided the clear and understandable language to the 'secrets' if the inner wisdom. You listen to what he is saying and suddenly understand. And it is mostly simple understanding, that is if you are able to open up and not let the bias of social and relgious indoctrination get in the way. I suggest everyone watch all 10 hours of these great lectures. They will set you free.

Link: Mythos {all 10 videos}

Jerry

A followup on the evolution of Mythos from its origins 'Transformations of Myth Through Time' {and before finally evolving into Mythos it was called 'The World of Joseph Campbell'}. The link is a page I created back in 2002 that describes the chapters from that book/video {Transformations}. You can see the similarities between the two {Mythos}. I at first did not realize that they were indeed the same but began to suspect it after a little time. And to verify my suspicions I came across this link from Wikipedia, Mythos (film)}.
Everything evolves, and if lucky transforms.

Jerry

I have just read that the Joseph Campbell Foundation asked that Mythos be withdrawn , , , if this is so it is shameful

Justin

Justin,
I received a request from the Joseph Campbell Foundation to remove the videos due to 'intellectual rights'. Apparently the Foundation is more interested in selling these videos than they are in 'getting the message out'. Joe is turning over in his grave.

But alas. You can still view these videos free. Go to my Video Library. I have links to the original source at MySpace. Why the Foundation has not forced this video source out of business I don't know. But as long as they are available I will have a link to them.

Jerry

I agree Jerry. I have visited the JCF site numerous times - potentially lots of info there but , , not freely accessable , , ,

I have tried the MDS Library link and it fails to load on my browsers (Safari / Firefox).

thanks
Justin

stats from 7-14-10 to the present