Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sleeping in the same room with Presidents

I'm sleeping in the same room with the Bushes and the Obamas. The Obamas are farther away, to my right, and they seem to be asleep. I am closest to George W. Bush. He is talking to Laura and seems to be justifying something stupid he said or did. I feel kind of sorry for him. Then he's telling Laura about his experience recently babysitting their baby boy. He seems very proud of himself for managing that. He's on the left side of the bed nearest me. I get the impression that he really needs Laura's approval. Then, the scene switches, and a camera is following a very boyish Obama on his trip to work. I seem to be watching a TV news show about this. We see Obama getting on the train (I think it's a subway) and people reaching out to touch him or shake hands with him. But according to the voice of the TV reporter, Obama is getting tired of doing this every day. He's not really into it anymore.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: sleeping in the same room with Presidents

Harriet,
I had to laugh when I read the dream statement, "He is talking to Laura and seems to be justifying something stupid he said or did". My favorite term for describing GW is 'the village idiot'. He is living up to those expectations in your dream. Unfortunately those traits have endeared themselves to the suffering of millions because of the 8 disastrous years he was in office {on the other hand my favorite son and fellow Tennessean has won an Emmy, an Oscar and the Nobel Peace Prize}.

As for your dream. Sleeping in the same room with totally different men {and families} may represent the opposites within yourself. Obama could represent a shadow aspect, something that is asleep, or unconscious. Being closest to Bush may suggest a true identifying with him{and his way of thinking} more so than with Obama {if so please don't take offense to my opening statement}. Like many others who at one time thought of GW as the 'savior', he often made stupid comments {and stupid decisions} that ultimately turned many of his supporters off.

If indeed you are identifying with Bush then perhaps like him there is something new {baby boy} in your life {his is widely publicized, being a cowboy on his ranch}. His masculine identity needs the approval of a more stable feminine self {representing your own feminine aspects giving approval to some masculine trait}.

Perhaps Obama is becoming more endearing to you. He has those natural qualities that give him the appearance of being in total control and that is often a positive even to his most ardent critics. But again he would represent some masculine aspect within yourself, something that is tired of the same old routine. Perhaps changes {new baby} are needed in your life, large and presidential changes. Have you contemplated such changes of recent?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

No, I was never a Bush supporter. In fact, I despised him. So it was interesting that in the dream I was closest to GWB, and I could even sympathize with him. And it was so clear how much he needed Laura's approval. He didn't want her to think he was stupid, and he wanted her to think he had done something wonderful because he succeeded in taking care of the baby for a little while. So maybe the dream is showing me that I'm like GWB in that way, wanting to justify my mistakes and wanting lots of approval for doing something simple like taking care of my own baby? He seemed to be amazed that he had managed to babysit the baby boy and wanted the feminine's approval for it. In the dream, it felt like GWB was hungry for approval and that, on the other hand, hordes of people wanted to show their approval for Obama. But while GWB was hunting for feminine approval, Obama seemed to be getting tired of being adored and wanted some privacy. The new baby boy seems like a hopeful sign of change. Maybe I'm not sure I'm up to this change, but the dream seems to suggest that I can manage it (as GWB did, in spite of himself).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Harriet,
Great work on your dream. I think you hit it on the head. GW would be your 'wanting to justify my mistakes and wanting lots of approval'. And unconsciously the dream is seeking to help resolve the inner conflicts. You are tired of having to be that person. Consciously you are managing it but there are still inner conflicts.

As for the real GW. One day it will all catch up with him. I truly believe in the proverb 'what goes around comes around'. The damage he has done to 'the world' will last a long time. In his own mind he justifies his actions. But nature {feminine/Laura}, and fate, know the reality and has its way of 'balancing' the ledger.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present