Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mother/Daughter

I see Kalyn and hear her announce, “Bernice Harker (my mother’s name),” “Kristi Parrotte.” I then see some sort of wheel/circular image turning revolutions. Next, I see myself on my knees, folding my torso onto my analyst's lap, feeling in need of comfort and guidance and hear her say to me, "You don't beleive in yourself."

My comments:
In the week prior to this dream, I found myself falling into states of deep active meditation with a deep peace emerging. Wherever I was, whatever I was doing, I found myself choosing (seemingly without effort) again and again to let go of “me,” to just be, and to trust, Life. I felt a a very palpable deep and guiding presence of being. Letting go and "being" felt like a grace, one I may receive/experience if I am empty enough of the compilation of thoughts, concepts and assumptions that have defined the history me/my ego identity. I felt I was being asked to let go, to surrender control, more. In the evenings, I felt profound grace (and would cry some) as I prayed to the Holy Mother (Divine Feminine). In the mornings, feelings of great love and waves of peaceful, blissful energy would move through me, opening my heart center wide, with my again feeling encouraged to let go and just "be." But I was some uncertain, and with that, experienced a knotty feeling (fear/control) in my solar plexus. I prayed over this, asking the Holy Mother for help, to understand.

I dreamed the above dream the evening I asked for understanding/guidance regarding the knotty hesitancy/holding on I felt in my solar plexus.

Kalyn is a woman I know and see as being very beautiful of spirit and very intuitive. I am seeing her announcement of my mother's and then my name as if telling that my fears of "Mother" (Life/Existence/Creation) come from my childhood experience with my mother…the uncertainty, the feelings of being lost, of not belonging...the void of not being loved / love...that the child I was experienced.

I feel the wheel image is depicting the contrast between my experience with my birth mother and the feminine love/essence I now begin to experience in my own self, as if showing that my feelings of uncertaintly regarding my feminine self stem from the wound I knew as a child with a suffering mother, disconnected from her own spiritual essence, unable to give love.

Now, I have never folded myself onto my analyst's lap. But on the day after this dream, I traveled from Portland, Oregon to Seattle, Washington, where I spent a day with Sri Mata Amritananda Mayi and received her Darshan (which comes in the form of a hug). So, such a position, of bowing down, as if requesting, to know love and guidance, was in the works.

Some time ago, I did share with Kalyn of the feeling I have known of not trusting life, to which she responded with something to the effect of, "Is it life that you do not trust or your own self?" That pretty much marked a greater movement of my efforts to know and trust my own Self.

I do adore/honor Sri Mata Amritananda Mayi, greatly. I do see her as an emobodiment of feminine love/wisdom, amongst other things.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Mother/Daughter

Kristi,
"I am seeing her announcement of my mother's and then my name as if telling that my fears of "Mother" (Life/Existence/Creation) come from my childhood experience with my mother…the uncertainty, the feelings of being lost, of not belonging...the void of not being loved / love...that the child I was experienced."

There are the two aspects of the dream, the Great Mother and that relationship, and your biological mother and that relationship. The first is in the present and future and the second in the present and past. The need to deal with both may be the focus of your dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present