Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Psychic reality and Sky-Blue Frankenstein

I am in a resort style hotel by the pool watching TV with a colleague from work. The TV show is a reality program about people with psychic gifts, where the one with the weakest gift is voted off.

I am on the show and hope that they don't show me in front of my work colleague, but they do. The image is a close up of my profile. I am half covered in shadow, and half illuminated by a golden light, not in a direct division but more like a camouflage, with the interplay of light and shadow dancing across my body.

My work colleague recognises me and asks if it is me. I nod acknowledgement and she walks away and won't come near me. I am asked to take my bags and leave the hotel.

I go to another hotel that is semi-rundown and old. There are a lot of people there but I overhear the owner saying they will have to shut down if 'this doesn't work'.

The have hired a psychic to get rid of some ghosts who are scarying everyone away. I walk with the psychic as they perform what I consider 'pretend magic'.

Suddenly I see two hooded figures duck out a back door. I go after them, and as I approach them their robes disappear. It is a mother and two children. They are the ghosts. I ask them to leave and they say they would, but they are worried about the violent father who is an upstairs room, they are worried about the safety of the people.

I ask the surname of the people and they tell me. I go to ask the owner which room the ghosts were in when they stayed here whilst alive and she tells me to check the ledger, as she is busy evacuating people.

As I am about to go back in a big sky-blue Frankenstien comes walking down the street. Every one is afraid of him but I call out "Frankie!" He was a friend of mine on the TV show. I invite him in to try to sort out the ghost situation.

The dream ends as we walk in the door.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Psychic reality and Sky-Blue Frankenstein

Rook,
The first thought that comes to mind after reading your dreams, does "the woman with two children and violent father" fit in with your waking life as a child? Could this be the 'ghosts' in your dream that you are trying to get rid of. The psychic may be your own psyche.

The second thought is the co-worker remind you in some way of your own self? Perhaps you are projecting your 'shadow' onto her for some reason.

And Frankie, being your friend may suggest you have consciously learned to accept the past 'monsters' in your life. But unconsciously you are still dealing with them {ghosts}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry

Thanks for your response. I have been pondering this dream myself.

I don't think the violent father is my father in particular, he was very passive.

It could be me, a side I repress in regards to my own children. I am certainly not violent but I quite often get frustrated when my son is pushing his boundaries. I get tempted to lash out and give him a spank, but I know that it would not have the impact I want. It is truly a test of patience, not giving them attention for negative behaivour. Do you think it could be my concern that one day I may lash out? Being that it is 'upstairs' in the hotel could say that I am conscious of it, which I am, and it is a concern of mine, I certainly don't want to be a bad father. The mother and two children could be my partner, son and unborn child who is due in October. A concern of mine is that my step-daughter is missing, unless she is one of the two children since my second child is still on their way.

The work colleague has a curiosity in astrology, but she isn't a witch or a hippy. In my quest for more experience in dream interpretation I have linked with another website that has a lot of mystics present. I find a lot of their beleifs a bit extreme, part of that is psychic abilities. A lot of it seems a bit far fetched to me, but there are some there who are very insightful.

Personally psychic ability to me relates to intuition, which doesn't allow you to move objects or any of those types of skills. I think I have a decent intuition, and when something 'unknown' suggests something to me I try to follow up on that - it has lead me to some of the best decisions of my life such as my family.

So I think the type of person that would be on a psychic reality tv show, the coworker reacts, perhaps not as extreme as I would, but I don't so much trust in the sort of 'hype' that is involved in those reality shows.

I don't really see how that would relate to the psychic in the dream, and can't get my head around the connection with the tv show.

I can see the image of me on the tv show, bathed in shadow and gold, would be a symbol of the 'gold' hidden in the shadow. The Frankenstein is sky-blue, hence conscious. Could it be representing a 'misunderstood monster - the creation of my own conscious'?

Going back to the note of discipline could it be related to an unconscious thing I have been doing after I tell off my son for being naughty I instinctively give him a little pat on the head to show affection for him. I wasn't even aware I was doing it till the mother-in-law and partner brought it up. When they asked about it I said I want him to know that even though I am upset with him I still love him. They want me to stop, I am weighing up in my mind if I have to stop, or if I should continue. I want my son to be well behaved and learn that he can't get away with doing naughty things, but at the same time I don't want to be growling at him all the time, because he quite often tests his boundaries.

Thanks,
Rook

Hi Rook,

My thoughts follow Jerry's regarding the woman with two children and angry father.

I don't remember, for certain, but I vaguely recall you mentioning your childhood situation...was (is) there not just yourself and one other sibling? Two children?

Whatever (whoever) the ghosts are, it is most likely pointing to "your past" (old hotel, hence these are ghosts of the past).

Of course, as you know, our past affects our present.

You discuss discipline in the present...

Your views and ways of discipline come from the same kind of discipline you learned, experienced and interpreted as a child, as does it for all of us...until it doesn't.

You discipline, but then pat on the head... Are you, in this, in effect saying, "I am sorry I discipline you? I didn't really want to do that...make you feel bad," etc.

Forget the concerns of your partner and her mother, for a moment...and ask "why" you have the need to pat him on the head after scolging/disciplining...imagining, if you will, that the child is you, when you were young, how you felt when you were disciplined.

Did you feel badly as a child (were your feelings hurt) when you were disciplined?

And is your son pushing "his" limits (he is just a child and only knows that which he had learned and assimilated from his environment...they are wonderful mirrors for us, our children are)...or, is he pushing your buttons? In a way, testing your limits, thereby calling to the fore emotional aspects within you that need attention?

And, could the way that you discipline be considered passive aggressive? Passive, like Dad, but aggression (frustration) beneath?

Frustrations (conflicts in life) can and do often lead to aggression when not worked through.

And the co-worker, may she be a part of you that would prefer not to look at the shadow in you? Maybe all gold would have been okay? Does this fit with her in waking life? Does she seek out the dark and ugly, or prefer to only look at the light and gold? But, again, it is not really about her, but you.

Maybe, I just thought, a feminine/feeling aspect within you does not like to see the frustrations in you...because the frustrations are invitations for you to examine your childhood, where they started.

Associated with the story of Frankenstein is the archetype of the Great/Terrible Parent. See if this piece (from an online essay) sparks any themes from your own childhood:

The ‘great/terrible’ parent is a character archetype used in many novels and literatures. The ‘great/terrible’ parent is defined as a parent in the novel with either great or terrible parenting traits. The great parent is a caring, compassionate, loving, nurturing character who can either be a father, mother or creator. The terrible parent is uncompassionate, unaffectionate, uncaring, and a loveless character that can also be a creator, mother, or father. The monster created by Frankenstein is a victim of bad parenting because of the wrongdoing of the protagonist Victor Frankenstein. “I, the miserable and abandoned, am an abortion, to be spurned at, and kicked, and trampled on” (Shelley, 204). Frankenstein is an example of a terrible parent because he creates a creature which he neglects to nurture and take care off.

More can be found be searching for "Great/Terrible Parent."

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kristi

Thanks for your input as well.

My dream last night I think helped give clarification to this, and I believe you and Jerry are on the right track. I will briefly recount the dream and then expand.

"I am living in a small town with my son. I take him to school. The teacher at the school is also the policeman and priest.

At the school my son interacts with a red-headed kid who is always starting trouble with his mentally handicapped brother.

I leave my son at the school, and walk past later on in the dream to find that there has been a big commotion happened involving the mentally handicapped boy being hurt. My son is involved and is going to be disciplined, I see images of the priest whipping him with a belt. The red-headed boy is in a serious discussion with the priest but is escaping the same punishment as the son. I feel he is most likely to have organised or provoked the event that caused the problems.

Some important additions: In the dream my son's name is his middle name, a middle name shared by myself and my father. Also the country town had the feel of being from the past. Similar to the one my father grew up in."

Hence I get the feeling that the use of the middle name is alluding to the passing on from one generation to the next. Similarly with the presence of the country town, suggests to me that it is an issue generated from beyond just my father, but is as you say, something that we have learnt and pass along.

My father once recounted a story of his childhood when he had spent the milk money on lollies. His father came into his room with a big thorny branch of the plum tree. He told my father that his mother wanted him to be spanked with it. He whacked the bed a number of times and told my father that he needed to look upset. He said that this time he would not be spanked, but the next time he did something like that he would recieve the plum branch on his behind.

Dad told me that story when I had done something naughty, though I don't remember what. Moving onto your discussion I think you are right about the reasons why I pat my son on the head. I didn't like being told off at all, which is part of why I was quite a well-behaved kid generally speaking. This is probably why I don't like telling my son off, and the need to pat my son on the head.

I am still trying to get my head around the Great/Terrible parent archetype. Will ponder it a bit more, but for now must get back to work.

Thanks for your input.

Rook

stats from 7-14-10 to the present