Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daughter

I had a dream the other night about my daughter when she was around six or seven years old. She is now going to be 25 in October.
My daughter was diagnosed with a bi-polar condition several years back and is living in Georgia with her
father and stepmom since her brothers and sisters literally kicked her out of their house cause they could not deal with her and her crazy ways and moods.
Okay, in the dream she was playing outside and their was this huge pipe on the ground down the road that is usually used to go underground for water.
She decided to crawl through this pipe and somehow got *lost*
I did not even know she was near that pipe. She was
supposed to be next door playing with her friend.
Well I had gone outside and over to her friend's house
and the mom said they were in the backyard playing but they were not there?
The mother and I panicked and went looking for her
child and my daughter. All of a sudden we see her child walking down the street saying that my daughter wanted to crawl in the pipe but she told her not to...I started yelling my daughter's name...
she was gone...and it was horrifying cause I woke
up from this dream knowing this????
What could all this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Flushing New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Daughter

Hi Connie,

As you know, dreams are many layered , , , and a key indicator of a significant dream is the feeling effect (affect) that it had for you. The symbol that you chose at the end of your post implies concern and sad uncertainty , , ,

So the dream many be speaking to something that happened to you, perhaps when you were 6 or 7 years of age , , , anything ?
-> or it could relate directly to your daughter , , , or both ,, , and more - all levels of meaning can be 'correct' , , , the final interpreter is you - what meaning / light does this dream shed on your life ,, , ,

In the dream, the daughter is 'outside' , , , and your real life daughter is 'outside' of your life too.
The pipe could easily be interpreted as a male sexual symbol , , that is outside too.
This 'outside' could also mean that this is outside what you are consciously aware of (and this would fit with know knowing where she is , , ).

Where she was 'supposed' to be and where she was are different.

The pipe also reminds me of a transition - something is changing - and one could get lost there , , ,

It seems that in the dream the child is split too - one child is walking down the street, the other , , , gone , , ,

Is there an issue of grief in this , , , the title of the dream is Daughter , , , so how does all this fit. Hard to get a real handle on this dream, I hope this starts the process for you

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Connie,

What I am wondering is if you feel an responsibility/accountability/grief for your daughter's bipolar condition...

Do you on some level wonder what happened to your daughter, the difference between the way you knew her to be as a child (before having been dianosed bipolar) and all that a mother hopes may be for their child, and the way she is today.

Bipolar has the word pole in it... some like a pipe, maybe. Folks of this nature can be said to exist in their own world, where connecting with others is not possible, as it is for me and you.

With the image of the pipe in the dream, I thought of a "rabbit hole." That you may have a concern that your daughter is in her own world, split off/disconnected, existing in a state of reality that is different... a tunnel of perception that isolates her from a fuller life of experience and connectedness. And part of Mom (you) may be wondering "What happened to my daughter? Where did my daughter go?"

There could be some comparing and contrasting going on, too, like, "Why is she not the same as other children? She is supposed to be the same. She was nt supposed to go in this pipe."

Does that help?

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thanks Justin for your message. I thought someone is born with this? Now I hear from her father she got this when we divorced?
I don't believe this cause my ex-husband is a very
moody man...and also impulsive.
If this was true, then why don't my other four
children have this too?

Thank you Kristi for your message. I do feel a bit guilty about her condition. Was it because I divorced her father back in 1995?
But then, how come my other four kids are fine???
Her dad is a very moody and impulsive man.

Hi Connie,

A significant point in the dream is the child's age

Think back - does this age relate to something that happened to either yourself at that age, or to your daughter's age

Keep attention to your dreams - more may unfold

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present