Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Home Rehab

There is a very large white house, the outside of which myself and several other women are repainting. I see some areas where the old paint is greatly peeling, hanging loose. All this will need to be scraped off. I note that organization, prioritizing and unifying our efforts is needed. We take to accomplishing this. Next, I am inside a home which is new to me, and being rehabilitated. I am aware of there being a business office (which feels connected to my place and work in the world) located in the basement, which enters the main level of the home from the kitchen. I see the “business manager” come up from the office and into the kitchen a couple of times. This feels good to me, I like and welcome the openness. The feeling energy of the home is comfortable, I feel forward looking, anticipating good outcomes. Then, I am also aware of my son being in the home or associated to the home. I see him as if at his current age…and am aware that he is still smoking marijuana cigarettes…but I do not feel bothered by this. Finally, there are three cats, my three cats (though I only have two in waking life), and I am feeding them scraps of carpet. I have a carpet remnant in my hands, perhaps 12’ x 5’, and am tearing it into smaller scraps that I divide between the cats. The cats are hungry for it.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Home Rehab

Kristi,
The current processes of your life is reflected in your dreams. This dream is a great example of that. The repainting, the peeling, the need to organize and prioritize. This is your current state of being. Perhaps the statement, "We take to accomplishing this" depicts how just where you are in that process. The primary processes is of the inner kind. But the whole life is what is reflected. The desire is to focus on the inner Self. But the real world is never far away.

The goal is balance. In all aspects of life. "This feels good to me, I like and welcome the openness. The feeling energy of the home is comfortable, I feel forward looking, anticipating good outcomes". You are working on balance and meeting your goals of the inner life as well as the outer. You are comfortable in your shell. Anticipating the good, karma does have a lot to do with the outcome.

The outer world always let's you know it is there. It is a part of who you are. Remnants of life experiences, the good and the bad. It is an emotional life no matter how well you manage it. Physical, mental, spiritual. If you strive to live life from 'that' balanced feminine aspect {3 cats, in harmony}, the outer world of responsibility and emotions become less a task, less controlling. You are hungry to learn more, live more from that feminine Self. You can focus on the inner and still manage the outer. That is the hero journey.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Jerry,

I do appreciate your taking the time to respond to my dreams. It is always helpful.

Wouldn't you know, I just listened to an interview with Marion Woodman (from the New Dimensions Media site I posted here earlier) on The Eternal Feminine
and heard her also speak of the need for the balance between our inner and outer worlds.

I do believe, as you suggested, that my dream was speaking to this...that psyche was giving me that, showing the need/importance for that...for I was again getting drawn too far into my inner world, even while already aware of the need for balance. It does take time to learn this, doesn't it?! But I do feel in a fine way, that psyche is keeping me straight/on that narrow path of learning the balance.

Thank you for the magnification of the "remnants" piece, the carpet remnant I am an scrapping and feeding to the hungry cats...

Yes, I am hungry to learn and live more from my feminine self. I also felt of the cats that it was as if the feminine aspect was eating/digesting (to eliminate, if you will) aspects of the past, in this process of home rehabilitation/remodeling. The energy I feel about my body/psyche these days very much fits with that, along with being intensely loving. It is why I am looking more now into the Dark Goddess aspect, for I feel to be growing closer to her in a way I have not been able to earlier...too afraid of her, I was.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
Again, and I never tire of saying this, Marion Woodman is a master sage of our time. I wish she had videos to offer. Women, and men, would learn so much from her books. She provides so many insights to the psyche. I am a bit surprised she has not been given more acclaim by other Jungians in the academic world. Perhaps the fact she is a woman has something to do with that. Even the best of the best {Jungians} can and do possess that patriarchal aspect. This is one male who does not. She is a wonderful example of how women are superior in thought than their male counterparts.
Power to the feminine!

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I would wager that it is because she is female, and that some of the best of the best Jungians who still possess that patriarchal aspect are also women. Her knowledge and insight is powerful. When I read her stuff, it goes - like a book of hers by this title - "Deep to the Bone." If any don't get her, it is simply because they themselves have not gone there, Deep to the Bone. Her work can open profound healing in one.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present