Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Dimensions Media

http://www.newdimensions.org/

Just thought I would share the above link, here. I am up rather early this morning, called by a dream, and had this site still open on my browser - to download an interview with Marion Woodman on the Dark Goddess - and searched and found there is a basket full of good information here...

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: New Dimensions Media

Kristi,
Ah, Yes! New Dimensions. It was back in the late 90s I believe I first came across his taped interviews {audio book The Wisdom of Joseph Campbell} with
Michael Toms
from New Dimensions Radio in San Francisco. They are so revealing of Campbell the man. And listening to him explain his 'reasoning', I had several ah! ha! experiences.

And Marion Woodman. For those who haven't heard her audio book Dreams: Language of the Soul, I instruct you to do so immediately. NOW!
It's that powerful. Jungian psyche from a feminine perspective, and from such a enlightened being as is Marion, it is powerful. The interview is absolutely beautiful. I believe and have done so for many years Marion Woodman is a true great sage of our times. She takes Jung to the next degree. But that is only natural, a woman, the feminine, exploring Jungian psyche, and itself.
Sound familiar? It will all resonate, naturally . Not always the first time but eventually the 'natural' truth comes through. When we go inward we are discovering those 'natural truths' about ourselves. It is a function of our dreams to reveal those natural truths, only they do it in symbols and metaphor.
Marion Woodman knows about these truths. She is Jung at the next level.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: New Dimensions Media

I was sure I had Marion's "Dreams, Language of the Soul"... and went looking for it, as instructed :) ... as I agree, her material takes more than just one read (or listening to) ... because, listening to her, we grow ... and what we were not able to see the first time may be seen the next time. But, alas, I cannot find it. It must be my remembering that I had borrowed it from my analyst in the past. It is out of stock, currently, and some sellers are asking a pretty penny for it, but I did find a copy at a decent price.

I have read her, "Addicted to Perfection," "The Owl was a Baker's Daughter," and "Leaving My Father's House." All were very profound reads for me. I currently have, "The Pregnant Virgin," waiting to be read. Oh, I also have, "The Stillness Shall Be the Dancing: Feminine & Masculine in Emerging Balance," also on audio. I should listen to that one again, too. I do like to listen to her verses just read her, as I feel to get a more direct transmission of her knowledge/insight.

And New Dimensions still has the Campbell interviews (Parts 1-13) that you refer to, Jerry. At only $1.99 per interview (the 13 parts are divided into 7 downloads), it is bound to be a worthwhile expense

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: New Dimensions Media_JFC and Campbell Videos

Kristi,
You may or may not have noticed but I have removed the Joseph Campbell's videos from my website. It is due to 'intellectual rights' as stated in an e-mail I received from the Joseph Campbell Foundation. My thought has always been that one is to share the 'boons' received from a personal quest
when engaged in the hero journey. And I remember Campbell's words well, if you do it for money you are off the path. Yet The JCF seems to be interested in 'intellectual rights' more so than sharing the knowledge. To me that is counter to what Campbell was about. And 'intellectual rights' is another phrase for 'you can have it if you are willing to pay for it'. I am happy that there are the audios, videos, books, lectures available but I am dismayed that there is so much emphasis {intellectual rights vs the message} on making a profit. Where is the 'bliss' in that.

I do not want to discourage anyone from purchasing Campbell's works. Quite the opposite, I encourage it. But I have little respect for those in the academic world. They just don't get it. What good the message if no one hears it? The real world yearns to hear the truths in this life and with all the so called 'other' truths being pushed on us by profiteers, it makes my job of getting out the 'word' that much more important.

Odd isn't it. You and I seem to possess something academia lacks. Good common sense.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I did not notice that you had taken the videos off of the site.

I feel that Joseph Campbell would prefer the wealth of his work be made readily available to all, the more the better. And I agree, help should not be about "profit."

Which brings to mind how sad it is for me to see how many with a gift or talent use that skill as their only livelihood, for I feel that the work often becomes tainted/perverted by the business/earnings aspect of it all. It just leaves too much room for ego to get involved/take over when one is concerned over how to buy their next gallon of milk or pay the monthly rent. They lose awareness, they forget that what they received was freely given and to be extended to others in the same way.

How can one sell what they do not own? No one owns truth.

I do believe and have met some of those who can charge a fee for their help and not get lost in it, but they are few, for the awareness required to maintain that kind of pure morality is great, and not many possess that, IMO.

Kristi

Kristi,
My fear is many of the audio books originally recorded on cassette will not be transferred to Cd's. Marion Woodman in particular. Perhaps we can contact Ms. Woodman and see if we can influence that to be done. Future generations will benefit greatly from this information if they are only available.

Jerry

Jerry,

I did find an email address that I could send a note to: office@mwoodmanfoundation.org

These are the titles I found on Audio that have not made it to CD:

Dreams: Language of the Soul
The Stillness Shall be the Dancing
The Maiden King (with Robert Bly)
The Divine Child (with Robert Bly)
Holding the Tension of the Opposites
Ravaged Bridegroom
Leaving My Father's House
Addiction to Perfection

Are there others that you are aware of?

Kristi

I am trying to find the title, "Holding the Tension of the Opposites" and cannot find it for less than $50.00. I may give up and purchase it at that price. I have sent a message to the address available at the Marion Woodman Foundation site.

Kristi

Kristi,
Marion has authored and co-authored so many books. Here is a list I found at Amazon.com that may provide a total of her works.
Marion Woodman Books

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry.

I was trying to find specifically those that were put on Audio CD...and I don't know why I did not do it at amazon before (I did search there), but I now added "audio" to your search string and there are a good handful, to include "Holding the Tension of the Opposites" at a lesser cost than I found earlier today.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present