Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ballfield Energy

Ursula is come to meet with me. The setting is at a ball/sports field. I feel the spirit of unity of goals/effort, and the celebration of that, as with sports team members on a winning streak of performance. I feel very welcoming, open and expansive...and also, simplicity and humility. The light of the dream space is easy and “clear” feeling. I have the sense that Ursula is a good and positive benefactor to me, that she holds and brings a wealth/gift for me. There is then some talk of my son - and seeing him - his coming to meet with me and Ursula. There is, again, a clarity of feeling regarding my son, of the energy between he and I. It is positive/clean feeling. Next, I am passing by some patients in wheelchairs (as in my place of work in the world) and what remains/is still with me, is this clarity of energy and purpose, the unity of the team being felt inside of me.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Ballfield Energy

Kristi,
Have you and Rook been sharing the same dream instruments? Sporting events seem to be the theme of the day {Rook's bat in her Ashes Tour dream.

There seems to be theme developing in your recent posts that not only underscores you positive transition to wholeness, but also the inclusion of your son in these dreams. One may be addressing the inner play and your heroic path to 'individualization', and the other addressing the still ongoing outer world conflicts having to do with your son. While this dream seems to painting a more positive direction in that relationship, there still remains those 'patients in wheelchairs'. Perhaps that is the psyche applying its own natural recognition that 'life is always, will always be full of sorrow' {the FIRST Buddhist saying}. No matter how much you gain in this world there will always be those setbacks/sorrows, tests that ultimately lead to revelations.

From Campbell's Monomyth:
Master of Two Worlds

This step is usually represented by a transcendental hero like Jesus or Buddha. For a human hero, it may mean achieving a balance between the material and spiritual. The person has become comfortable and competent in both the inner and outer worlds.

In the Christ story, Jesus is able to return to the ordinary world after resurrection. Being as Christ would have us be {The Gospel of Thomas-parable 108: Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."}, the application is to the spiritual/metaphysical condition, superseding that of the ego.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

You had referred me to the "monomyth" before, and it was very helpful just to read what Wikipedia said of it, so I really look forward to reading Joe's book, Hero with a Thousand Faces.

You said: Perhaps that is the psyche applying its own natural recognition that 'life is always, will always be full of sorrow' {the FIRST Buddhist saying}. No matter how much you gain in this world there will always be those setbacks/sorrows, tests that ultimately lead to revelations.

It certainly seems psyche may have been reflecting just that. In this, I can see the need to accept (Master) both worlds. I do imagine it will be a lifelong process, as a conversation with a friend today reminded me.

Having said what I just did in the other thread, regarding help not being for profit, I will share here that as I contemplated this dream and the Ursula of me, I needed to ask myself how to integrate this aspect of myself into my life, in a way that liberates others.

My analyst sees my gifts and she has often reminded me that my task is to set others free. It was my dream (biggest thrust) for myself since a child and is what I hope to give to others. This didn't happen for me in my work with Ursula, so I know firsthand the incredible dependency that can be formed in healing/helping relationships. The dynamics of the situation were not one sided, not due only to my neediness for help at the time. It takes two to tango in all relationships, each party brings something to the mix. I pray I am always clear/aware enough of my own (shadow) self to never create dependency in another. It will help me to always remember a simple phrase used in Unity church circles, "It is not I but the Christ within me that does the work."

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
As you know, and a message I believe central to Campbell/Jungian psyche, when you look inward you discover that inner Christ. Whereas our Western religions tend to ignore historical evidence of Jesus teaching this {as from my quoted verse from the Gospel of Thomas}, Buddhism points to the inner Self as the center of our spiritual being. Of course Western religions also will never give the feminine power {as well as women in general} its due. I can't help but think how uninformed, unenlightened Western religions are. Of course at one time I was one of 'those' who held such convictions. Until I was set free to think for myself {via Campbell, Jung, Woodman, etc.}.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry,

I don't believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins. I think it more likely that he was hung due to the error of man's understanding.

Is is sad that so many religious organizations and their leaders foster dependence...this born of fear and the need for control (sense of power). They call their own shadow the devil. The ugly roots of history.

...And so many wonder why Westerners increasingly turn to the Eastern practices for understanding (and other alternative forms of spirituality).

We are blessed to have the works of Campbell and Jung so publicly available. But also sad that so many hardcore fundamentalists would be too afraid to ever pick up their works.

{The Gospel of Thomas-parable 108: Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."

What he meant was that one should study and imbibe his words. What he spoke of himself/God was also true of and for others. Campbell and Jung help us to know this.

Kristi

Kristi,
Campbell spoke of life as being but a metaphor. If we take that as a truth then we can look at Jesus death on the cross as metaphor of what must happen in the individual life. Except it is the death of the ego centered self and a resurrection to the spiritual Self. There will always be the ego. But when it surrenders to the lead of the spiritual identity, then the hero deed is being addressed and is within reach. Living out of the spiritual aspect and the ego centered attachments.

That gets back to the parable 108. "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person". The inner Christ is achieved.

Pure metaphor, with real life consequences.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

This is why I keep a copy of Michelangelo's "Pieta" nearby!

And this picture, specifically, because I feel we cannot do it without great love.

Kristi

Amor/Amour. Tristan and Isolde, the Arthurian Romances, love from the heart, of the soul. Campbell did a wonderful job of explaining the 'love' aspect in his Mythos/Transformations of Myth Through Time series.

We all must experience such love. But the sorrows of love must also be endured.
But alas. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

A poem from The Power of Myth I use often.

So through the eyes love attains the heart:
For the eyes are scouts of the heart,
And the eyes go reconnoitering
For what it would please the heart to possess.
And when they are in full accord
And firm, all three, in the one resolve,
At that time, perfect love is born
From what the eyes have made welcome to the heart.
For as all true lovers
Know, love is perfect kindness,
Which is born - there is no doubt

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present