Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exes

Hi everyone!

I recently had two seperate dreams on two different nights and for the last week or so can't remember (or haven't had) a single dream since then. For me this is strange because I normally have long vivid dreams.

Dream 1:

My ex's (F.)wife is in the kitchen cooking and she is handing me food.

That was the dream. He got married a few years after we broke up.

Dream 2:

I'm with my ex (a different one) and we see people, and he grabs my arm and pulls me down and makes me pretend to fall, and so we fall. Then I'm going around trying to clean up my place, I'm picking up pieces of dirt tiny wads of paper or pieces of dried up food or whatever off the carpet, which seem to be too large for the vacuum..and I'm thinking what a waste of time this is....

Thanks everyone!!
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Exes

May,

I think the image of your ex's wife asks you to examine, more, your own relationship with your ex, and your today, how aspects of the former relationship (you were once his wife) still affect you today, how they are being reflected in who you are today. She is helpful, "feeding you information," if you will (the dynamics of the relationship with your ex), that when considered and analyzed more thoroughly, will help yoy to grow and heal more.

The second dream. No, not a waste of time! That may be the dream ego speaking, part of your conscious ego that is, perhaps, frustrated to be doing all this cleaning up/healing. We often have to go back and pick up the pieces, so to speak, to see and learn. Just be sure you are cleaning up only your stuff, and not taking others on, as you may (or may not) have done in past relationships. Pulling you down? How did you feel in that moment, in the dream?

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Kristi,

With all due respect, I do not agree with this interpretation. I shall explain my reasons here:

The first dream is very simple. The wife is feeding me FOOD. Not information. Food is nourishing and sustaining, analysing a situation (to my mind, is troublesome and reflects overthinking and over worrying). As I've identified F in the past dream interpretation as my former animus, I believe my dream is picking up this thread. If F is my animus as it once was, the wife is an aspect of myself that was nourished and FEED as a result of the relationship with F. Therefore, my soul identifies it as a good relationship, non-commital though it was. In real life, F does not treat his wife well and just a few months ago I was telling a friend that I am so glad F didn't want to marry me. He did me a favor.

The second dream is telling me that over analysing my past relationship with my ex is a waste of my time, like picking up little pieces of dirt from a carpet. It is telling me that it is over and in the past and I need not worry about it, that I can let it go. This means my relationship with my current boyfriend is not like past ones, it is different and better.

The message of both dreams have a thread...the first relationship is seen to have some positive elements when I thought previously it was negative and the second relationship is clearly shown to have brought me down, but also, it is over, and done with, and I can leave it. I don't have the time, energy or inclination to think or worry about something that is done. There is no healing in wasting time.

Because of comments on my dreams in this forum I have been spending hours comparing my current relationship to my past ones to see if it was unhealthy and if I'm repeating a pattern. The dream shows there is no pattern and that my most recent ex brought me down, but that its over and I need not concern myself with it. It is also showing me that past relationship were not as destructive as I once feared. It is also showing me that I am free to move on and live my life without having to comb through the carpet for crumbs thinking this will clean up my life when doing so is clearly a futile task.

Dreams come as responses to dream interpretations. Before this dream I dreamt something about F, and this dream is correcting the interpretation, saying he isn't as bad as I thought he was. Also, the past interpretation was that F was being compared to my current boyfriend and the interpretation said that F was not a good situation and as a result that my current boyfriend is not good for me. Then this dream comes and the message is that F's relationship with me nourished my soul, so to follow the logic of the interpretation given which stated that my dream is linking F with my current boyfriend, then it follows that my current boyfriend is good for my soul.....

(If A = B and B=C then A=C, this was the logic given in the last interpretation, and if it is true then it would be true now....)

More dreams will shed more light on what is going on.

Thanks for getting me thinking though..this is just the engaging conversation that I need to really figure out what is going on with me, and your efforts are always appreciated!!
Kind regards,
May

May,

You said: More dreams will shed more light on what is going on.

I agree.

You do appear to be "thinking" and "asserting" yourself, more.

It will be helpful if when you post your dreams, you also post YOUR thoughts and feelings on them, first.

I do not see the first dream as indicating that your relationship with your ex (F) is feeding/fed your soul. Your ex (F) is not in the dream message. Instead, you have his current wife (shadow aspect of you) feeding you... What does she want you to see?

You next have an ex (albeit a different one) pulling you down...and a need to clean up the ground, for which you feel frustrated.

When we are visited by messengers from our past in our dreams, they most often are encouraging us to see how and why their message is relevant in the present.

A good question to ask is: "Why am I having THIS dream, 'now?'"

I am simply reading the symbols, without adding a bunch of thinking and over-"analysis"...

While it is certainly helpful to stay in the present moment and focus our efforts positively, the past must be learned from, else we repeat it.

Best wishes to you,
Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Thanks Kristi!!

That is very helpful and I will keep thinking...

I've been told before on this forum NOT to post my thoughts and feelings initially....just to post the dream.

Cheers,
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present