Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Actor

I am playing the role of a protagonist in a Hollywood comedy movie, of a blockbuster calibre. My role is the fumbling boob who means well but always messes up.

I am trying to perform some trick where there is a sort of a human pyramid, but actually more of a sphere. In the centre is my friend who I have to high five. I jump up higher than humanly possible, perhaps ~8m above the ground. I am able to do this because it is part of the movie, part of the special effects. As I am coming down I go all woozy and funny feeling (like going down on a roller coaster) I see the hand of my friend in the centre of the ball of human limbs and reach down and high five it.

Because I set up the sphere of people and managed to high five my friend I created a portal that took everyone in the sphere to a parallel dimension. Everyone is angry because they want to get back to the real world, but I have no idea how to get back.

The scene then cuts to after the movie has been released and I am going on Ellen. Before the show I get a tour around the show and meet a bunch of celebrities. They are all friendly to me and seem really nice. I go on the show and tell Ellen how jealous my partner would be because I am on the show, I still feel like a regular Joe from Down Under who doesn’t deserve to be world renowned. Ellen then has me do some gag for the show and my bit is over. I don’t want the show to end and still want to discuss things in more depth but none of the celebrities who were previously nice to me want anything to do with me. They all go behind locked doors. I am wandering around Ellen’s set looking for people to talk to, and security show up. I know their presence means I should leave before things go any further.

I start to head dejectedly out of the lot, but towards the exit I see one of the female celebrities walking towards me. I don’t really see much detail of her but sense that she is beautiful (good looking rather than showing off lots of flesh – has dignity, ironically considering what happens next). She wants to share a shower with me to perform a sex act. Only I have to have my head out of the shower curtain separate from my body.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Actor

Some issues that could have potential links to this dream:

I am currently 'acting' at a higher level in a co-ordinating role at work. I certainly hope I am not playing the role as a fumbling boob, I think I am doing quite a good job, though it is only week 1 of 5 at this point.

I thought it might be more related towards my dream work in the use of the symbol of the alternate dimension similar to the Halo (1) dream, and now that I think about it the dream set around the human pyrasphere was similar to the scenery in the Halo dream, nature and streams.

I also thought that in that interpretation the Ellen show could have been a symbol of this 'discussion forum' and the end of the show was perhaps a warning not to overanalyse my dreams, particularly in respect to the Rainbow Serpent dream. I don't feel that I got the message right but perhaps it is time, as Jerry stated, to look at the next big dream (which I feel this particular dream was significant being quite vivid).

Going to the initial part of the dream, the symbol of the pyrasphere I would associate with a symbol of my whole self. My 'friend' in the centre of the sphere would be my centre. I make a connection / celebrated contact with that friend in the symbol of the high five, which has initiated the Hero's journey, also the 'Fool's (bumbling fool) Journey' through the symbol of altering dimension used in Halo (1).

Could the disgruntled people be disgruntled aspects of my ego that don't want to dig up the past, that don't want to take the 'fool's journey'? I feel responsible in the dream for taking these people to the alternate dimension and mean to take them back, but also am eager to explore my new surroundings.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I just made this association on the talk show:

At the start of my work day I get the input on the forums that comes up while I am sleeping and the rest of the world (asides from Justin) is awake. Thus there is some discussion to begin with (the show and talking to the stars).

Then throughout the afternoon I will check in every couple of hours (knock on the doors of the celebrities / stars) but this is the forum 'downtime'. Hence the 'stars' are shut off from me.

As I leave work I re-read Kristi the beautiful dignified woman's post regarding sexuality. I am 'cleansing' my sexual guilt-feelings.

Hi Rook,

I like how you are working with/looking at this dream.

As the last dream showed the Rainbow Serpent, perhaps relating to kundalini, as in the creation myth, it was very likely, in my way of seeing things, that it had to do with sexuality, as kundalini IS a creative (sexual) energy.

Maybe keep your head IN the shower curtain next time!

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

I wish I could have, I wasn't 'allowed' to keep my head in. Could that be saying something? I see a seperation between body and mind through the curtain. I need to get my 'head in the game' so to speak, rather than just a mechanical act?

Hi Rook,

Notice how you wrote, regarding the shower woman of you, that she is "good looking rather than showing off lots of flesh – has dignity, (BUT) ironically considering what happens next"...

I note I added the "BUT" word.

You may have a "learned" belief that dignity and sex do not go together. Again, these kind of beliefs most often start in our growing/childhood years.

Why can't sex and dignity go together? May be a good question to ask yourself.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kristi

I can see what you are saying, and I will try to explain as best I can, thought it is something I haven't really consciously considered.

I suppose it is something that is left over from having 'played' the game of being single. Pretty much every woman I ever dated put forward their 'dating' persona which was always a mask to hide their true self. And different people put forward different aspects.

Some put forward a strong sexual vibe, which was a bit off putting more than anything. I can understand now that we were both young, and both had a lot to learn, but for me it was lacking in substance and intimacy. The difference between lust and love. It's not the complete picture of the person, rather than showing off sexy, I was more attracted to a woman who would let their beauty shine.

Wow, that is quite hypocritical of me actually, for having a go at women for not showing their true self in a high pressure situation in the dating world, when I have hang ups showing my true self to Joe Public. How fascinating.

I know what I am saying though, I suppose I am less attracted to the Power Female who is confident in herself and dresses accordingly (such as Lady Gaga) and more attracted to a woman who has a deep beauty, eyes that glisten with soul, and dresses in subtle sexiness, as opposed to short skirt + boob tube. Does that make any sense?

Cheers,
Rook

But wasn't the shower woman beautiful (not full of fleshy expression) and dignified...more soulful, as your own soul desires...?

I borrow this from your original post: "they want to get back to the real world, but I have no idea how to get back."

Would you consider the shower woman of you, as "real?"
Is she what you are searching for (your own soul) while you are busy playing and acting for Joe Public in the world?

Building a human pyramid? What is this about? Have you been building yourself up, on the surface, to be something more, greater, bigger than you are? I ask this in the way that I do, because of the feelings you have when coming down from the humanly impossible jump upward...as though this scene may symbolize an inflation that you are coming down from. Maybe.

Has a part of you been living in a sort of fantasy? Parallel dimension? Of your own creation?

Is it upsetting to become again a normal Joe? Instead of being a celebrity?

May the feelings of dejection be part of what you need to wash/cleanse in your soul? Are you afraid to look at them?

And, if you find any of this to have some accuracy, where did the feelings originate and how might it be being reflected in your current waking life?

Kristi

Yes, that is correct. She is that soulful aspect that I desire. But the shower scene seems more about appeasing / cleansing the body and not the mind. Alluding to appeasing sexual desire perhaps? Do you think this may be a commentary on how sex is playing its part in my life? I have found that soulful woman, but perhaps I am not approaching sex with my whole being (which is very rewarding) but am approaching it only with the body.

I consider the shower woman to be a part of me that is real, but something that is very hard to conceive mentally, since it is something that is not part of the external world which I still associate with reality. So in a sense I am coming to terms with the reality of the internal world which still seems very unreal at the same time. Also the concept of coming to terms with those feminine aspects of myself and to see myself as male only in a physical sense is a difficult task. I believe knowing this is one thing, but fully understanding and coming to terms with that idea is something else.

It has been commented that I have some strong feminine traits, some would consider me a ‘pussy’, but that is a direct contradiction to a lot of my traits as well, such as the courage and toughness which I took onto the sporting field.

It’s funny that you should mention living in a fantasy world / parallel dimension of my own creation, that I am perhaps coming down from, making myself bigger than I am.

Firstly, many people have commented that I am a dreamer. I can slip off into my own fantasy world in a moment. It doesn’t take much. I have been quite creative in this regard throughout my life. A close friend and I lived in a fantasy world as a game for several months when I was at primary/elementary school. I used to draw maps from my imagination basically since I could pick up a crayon. Even today I quite often escape to fantasy worlds, from which I create stories, though I have had less time to do that since working full time and starting a family.

But in terms of making myself bigger than I am, looking at my life in a broader scale I suppose I am in a transitional period where before I made myself out to be ‘awesome’, which stemmed from hitting my version of rock bottom. When I hit that rock bottom I decided that I didn’t want to live as I was anymore, and had a great change in my life. The impact was phenomenal and I didn’t look back. Though I have curbed that attitude when I started my family as well. I am no longer get people consider me arrogant and up myself, which corresponds to what you are saying about bigger than I am. This is a couple of years in the making though, and I wouldn’t consider it upsetting really.

From that attitude I have become a bit more of a fun person, I am more willing to expand upon myself and try new things. Coming down from that into my home has perhaps been the best experience of my life, and at the same time the greatest challenge – overcoming all the obstacles that come with becoming independent from the parents as well as caring for more than just yourself.

The woozy feeling in the dream as I came down, as I said, was like being on a roller coaster ride, which would be an accurate description of the last few years. The source of that is a long story. One which I think would be worth writing out, and probably sharing too, much as Ken did. I might get onto that and get back to you. But first I have some dragons to slay.

Thanks Kristi
Rook

stats from 7-14-10 to the present