Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recurring dream - mundane and terrifying

Hi so I haven't had these dreams for years but I can vividly remember them still. The setting would vary, but it was always either on a school field or inside a giant cavernous empty gymnasium type room. I would be playing catch with my dad but instead of a baseball we'd be tossing a ball that was about 50 feet in diameter. At first I could control the ball but every time it came back to me it was heavier. Sometimes it wasn't my dad but some anonymous middle aged guy who was moving further back and screaming at me and I was always able to throw the ball back but I never knew how. This sounds pretty straight forward I guess as far as being pressured by my dad, but I never thought of it literally so maybe it's something entirely different. It wasn't like I was scared of anything in particular that was happening in the dreams, but there was always some kind of a vague pall over the whole scene that is giving me goosebumps as I write this! It would seem like in a movie when the sky turns just a few shades darker foreshadowing the bad stuff. Also it would start like a movie where the scene opens and something is happening but it was me down there and I would wake up thinking I had pissed myself, covered in sweat and unable to go back to sleep. I had this same dream maybe a dozen times between 7/8 - 12 and another handful of times since then, but not for a couple years now. I had one other recurring nightmare around the same time involving being eaten up by a pack of dogs and it was the same thing with the cinematic-type feel, but this one I just felt, more than saw, if that makes sense. Thanks and sorry if I've been rambling. Cheers!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Phoenix, AZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: recurring dream - mundane and terrifying

Alex,
It may be the dream is addressing pressures placed on you by your dad, and also pressures you are placing on yourself. And there may be inherited traits you now possess that were passed on from your father {your father would represent himself, in association with his relationship with you, and also represent you as an adult and possible father}. The relationship with your father {assuming there were conflicts} has become heavier over time.

AS for being eaten by dogs. That may be addressing the pressures that are 'eating away' at you. If they are nightmares as you stated then there may be some deep conflicts from the relationship that are more than just casual. What the pressures are there from your dad? And what pressures are you putting on yourself, and perhaps others than may be the result of imprinted influences from childhood that are the result of the relationship with your dad?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re:

Thank you Jerry for your analysis. The meaning of this dream has always seemed pretty clear to me (an increasing weight to bear = mounting pressure to conform) but I was more curious to see if it is common to experience the same basic dream but in different settings, and how often people have recurring dreams in general. As for the other one, the whole 'eating away' thing doesn't seem to fit; here's a better synopsis: As the dream starts I see myself sort of ambling around in the big vacant lot next door, and then my viewpoint pans down until I am seeing through my own eyes. I feel fine for a split-second, then I look around and see wolves/big dogs off in the distance. In a nanosecond they all are right there gobbling me down, and then they are gone, and there is a thin shard spinning on the ground that I understood to be my iris or some little remnant of me that's left. What I want to know is, how can someone have the same exact dream maybe a half-dozen times in a couple of years, and then never have it again (it's been about 10-15 years or so)? Thanks again man I appreciate the help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present