Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fractured fairy tales.

I had a series of dreams that all seemed separate from each other last night.

Part 1: I know at some point I was walking down a hallway, in what was supposed to be my old high school.I pass one of my teachers, who is really one of my college professors. I believe I talked to him, and at some point I dropped a bag of pot. (I do not do drugs in real life) He believes that I am a drug dealer, and tells me to go to the office. I try to reason with him, because we are on friendly terms in real life. I made my way to the office, and all the officials are sitting in a cramped type of cubical, with no separation from each other. I made my way to the back of it, to an older man. I don't know if I ever found out his official title. I sat down next to him and his computer, and felt cramped because of the other people working there. He seemed friendly with me, and asked why I was there. "I was discovered with pot" I said quietly, cause I didn't want everyone to hear. He asked me to repeat myself and I said it louder. He was disappointed in me and turned to him computer, and started writing someone a letter. I'm not sure if he was writing the police or some higher authority at the school. In the letter I see that he told them that I was "almost harmless". He told me that I "need to convince him (the person he was writing a letter to) that I am a good person." I started listing off my after school activities, one of them being a puppeteer for a christian puppet group. He told me that that wasn't good enough. At some point the scene changed and I was some where outside, but still close to the school. I came across the man, and he was buying a bag of pot. I confronted him, and told him to clear my name that instant. I held onto the bag of pot that he was trying to buy, and he ran back to the school. While he was gone, a black man and woman approached me wanting to buy the bag of pot that I had. I told them to hold on, because I wanted to see what that man would do.

I think that in the rest of the dreams, for the most part, it was implied that I was in trouble because of the drugs.

Part 2. I believe I was in college again, and I went to one of my classes. This class was based on the teachings of Wicca. The class has only women in it, and the teacher is a very friendly, mousish looking woman. It is the first day, and the class was talking about their experiences in wicca. Random girls stand up and they start talking about their experiences in a very pretentious kind of way. I sat in the back of the class scoffing at their "experiences" knowing that they were all "full of shit", because of my own experience. ( I am not wiccan in real life, but three of my family memebers are. Because of this I felt I knew more than the rest of them) I remember one of the girls talking about how she once saw a stone bridge that had water floating under it. She was very moved by this experience, and I rolled my eyes at her. At one point I saw that the teacher had written our names on the chalk board, and he opinions about how we were in class. Some of them she wrote were "very talkative, and good contributors to the class" and about me it said "not very interactive". This for some reason annoyed me greatly.

Part 3. Going back to the drug theme: one part of the dream I was watching my friend Kat, somehow. She was in prison for selling drugs. I don't know if I was being shown this as a warning. Her cell was all white, and she was sitting sadly on her bed. I could also see some sort of blue print of her cell. Maybe I was supposed to save her, maybe this was given to me so I would know what my cell would be like. On the blue print it showed a picture of Kat on it. The picture captured the movement of her flopping down on bed, and there for it showed two of her. The first version of her, was flopping down on her bed in defiance, she was also wearing red. The second part was her laying on the bed, now broken, and she was wearing white. I looked back at her, and looked at her sadness and I realized that in real life she had just had a baby, and her sentence was for at least a year.

Part 4. I was at a cabin in the woods, and I no longer looked like myself. I went into the cabin, and I introduced myself to a man that was there. We were both in our mid twenties, and I was a tall blond. As it turns out, we are both serial killers. We started talking about our exploits, and since I know the mind of a killer I realize that he is going to try to kill me. He sprays me with gasoline, at some point, and every where I go there is some kind of fire contraption. Another man joins me, in my fight to get out of the cabin. When we get out into the back yard there were fires set, and we dodge them all and run into the woods. We came across a lake, and swimming across it was the only way to escape. The lake is filled with a thick mud, which made swimming difficult. The man with me didn't think we could make it, but I urged him to keep swimming. When we got to the other side of the bank, I tied up the man I was swimming with, and got a bow an arrow out of no where. I said that this was how I real serial killer worked. (for some reason I thought there was more dignity in killing someone quickly and from a far)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Fractured fairy tales.

Nani,
Such a long post requires some very in-depth analyzing. I'll tackle it in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Nani,
Sorry I couldn't get to your dream yesterday. I had more on my plate than I could handle.

I went back to your posted dream Sexy Teeth Time to get insights to what these dreams may be trying to address. I don't often do that but because of your age {22} it is important to discern whether the dreams are addressing deeper aspects of your psyche or current waking experiences {for someone your age that is often the case although the dreams would also in some way be addressing deeper issues}.

There does seem to that theme of trying of seeking approval and being nurturing toward males in the first dream. The older men in the dream and the opening parts may suggest there are past experiences in early life that are the stimulus for such a need.
old school representing the past
teacher who is actually a present day instructor

There may be some denial {albeit unconscious} to these past experiences. Drugs could represent trying to blur the past. The sense of needing to convince males of your sincerity is prevalent also. Schools are places of learning and you may be just now learning more about unconscious contents having to do with past experiences. Are there any instances from the past where you felt wrongly accused of something? Or even in recent experiences?

The second dream is all female. I get the sense this part of the dream is focused more on present day experiences but may also be addressing aspects of denial. The stone bridge with water flowing under it may represent unconscious contents crossing over to conscious recognition {as is the bridge in the first dream}. Not being very interactive may suggest not wanting to discuss or 'interact' with past experiences. The unconscious wants to talk about it but consciously there is hesitation.

The third part. Are there past experiences where you felt 'imprisoned'? Your own room from the past may be involved. The sadness could be your own sadness. Kat would represent similar experiences you identify with {her cell/room is what your cell would be like}. There may be innocence of some type involved {white}. The 'two of her' may represent her and you, identifying with similar experiences.
What is it about Kat that may be similar to you?

The last part may be about trying to 'kill' the memories/experiences from your past. These experiences are unconsciously 'killing' you and you wish not to confront them head on {denial}. Your dignity seems to be important. Getting out of the cabin {a part of your psyche} would require you to face the fires {within}. These experiences are swimming in your unconscious and need to be let out {escape}.

You have stated the need to seek approval in your life. These dreams may be about the underlying causes for that. Recent events/experiences may have stimulated memories or the need to once again seek approval from others. Can you think of what could be from your past that would cause the need for this approval? It is probably from childhood.
And the recent experiences would be related to something negative from your past, the underlying reasons for the need of approval. Indications are from the different parts of the dream there may be a denial of the past experiences but until they are confronted and brought out {of the cabin to face the fires} your dreams will continue to have elements of such imagery.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for your thoughts,they raised a lot of questions for me to ponder over.Sorry it took me a little while to respond, I went back to school this week.

The theme of seeking approval from males probably comes from my father not being involved in my life, and not having a male role to fill in for him. I'm not sure if I would consider myself to be in denial of this. More so used to a life with out him. Our relationship split when I was five, and I've become detached from it through the years (though apparently my dreams would tell me differently).

The only thing that recently jumps out at me, about being wrongly accused of something, happened over the summer, when I found out there was a rumor going around that I got a professor fired.

I do have some personal information that I don't want leaking out at my school, and with the people back home. For a long time I have had a slight obsession with worrying over people finding out personal information about me (mostly about my sex life). I haven't really been able to find the memory that triggered this, perhaps living in a small town, or girls not always being trust worthy with secrets. Maybe the dream represents feeling trapped in this worry.
If I relate that to the last part of the dream, with the serial killers, it makes a lot of sense. The secret that I worry the most about in the very literal sense, and the metaphorical sense is/was killing me. I do not/ cannot talk to people about it because I would lose a lot of face/dignity.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present