Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams NOT compatible with real life?

so as i've shared alot on here...over the course of several years...i've had dreams of my ex.

in some of these dreams...either SHE or I will say something or do something that illustrates us 'getting back together.'

for instance...

in a dream, my ex and i were sitting in a 'kiddy pool' in the backyard of my house.

she said to me "I WANT to be your girlfriend..."

however, in REAL LIFE...this does NOT seem to be the case.

in recent months, i have contacted my ex and i SHARED these dreams about her WITH her.

however, she doesn't know what to think.

but more importantly...she has told me herself that she JUST WANTS TO BE FRIENDS.

the things she does and says tells me that she REALLY IS over me.

so my question would be...WHY did I dream of her saying that?

in another dream, i gave her a love letter simply saying "I Love You" and she ACCEPTED it.

but in real life...it's the OPPOSITE.

so what is the REAL reason i would dream these things?

just help me understand.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: Dreams NOT compatible with real life?

Daniel,
When you look at your waking life and try to compare it 'LITERALLY' to your dreams you are reading the dream wrong. Dreams are metaphorically and use symbolic language to express the emotions of the dreamer. At your age that encompasses more than just the inner self {hidden emotional conflicts} but is largely predicated on waking life experiences. In your dream posts you gave little follow up info on the interpretations. That makes it difficult to understand the possibilities of the dream's intent. I get the sense you are trying to match your waking life experiences with your dreams. But when you take the dream language 'LITERALLY' you misinterpret the dream's message. Anyone who attempts to interpret your dreams without knowing more about you is working against the grain. Your dreams seem to be mostly about relationships. Although they most likely are addressing current waking life experiences and you can not see a connection they most likely are addressing deeper emotional issues. The most important thing in understanding dreams is to be completely honest about your emotions whether they be about current life or earlier experiences in life. I have stated many times previously that dreams of people under the age of 30 are more difficult to understand because there is still that6 building of the ego personality. That makes it even more important to have information about the dreamer's life since most often your dreams are geared to ego building. But Dreams always address the deeper issues. In an older person the ego building aspect is in the past and one can look more direct to the deeper emotional issues {the baggage accumulated in life}. The dream language isn't ordinary speech. But it is all about the dreamer.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present