Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreaming of lions, reccuring

Hello-
I have been having a recurring dream for several years now that involves Lions.
In the dream, I will see lions, usually 2 or 3 of them. They are always in familiar places. In the past the dream would always take place at my parents house. I would see these lions in their yard & I would be overcome with fear & climb the fence to escape them, and I will just stay on the top of the fence & watch them. The lions never seem to notice me or if they do, they don't care that I am there & never try to harm me.
One time in the dream my son was playing in the yard & I was terrified they would harm him, but of course they never do.(this was only once)
Usually if any other people appear in the dream they also see the lions, but they are not afraid of them.
I had that dream 3 or 4 times over a couple of years span. It has been nearly a year since the lions have appeared then the other night I had the dream again, but this time the lions were in my bedroom in my own house, sleeping on the floor. Lazily lounging in my doorway.
My mother appears in the dream suddenly & I warn her that we needed to get them out of the house before they realized we were there & turned on us.
She acts like I am crazy & just pushes them aside with her foot like you would a dog or something.I am terrified in these dreams & do everything I can to get away, but the lions have no interest in me at all what so ever. And no other humans in the dream are worried by them.

Can anyone interpret this dream for me?
It keeps coming up.
Am I just a big scaredy cat?
(pun intentded)
Thanks so much!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, AZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dreaming of lions, reccuring

Sarah,
Lions are often symbolic of aggression and because they are a part of the feline family they may suggest feline aggression in your dream. It could be your own inner aggression and/or some type of aggression on the part of another female in your life {the dream includes your mother}. You parents house and the back yard may be pointing to the past {starting at childhood}. The lions seem threatening but don't seem to notice you may be how your unconscious has dealt
with these experiences, they are there but consciously you do not give them a lot of thought.

The part about your mother, her thinking you are crazy may suggest some relationship with her that may involve aggressive behavior toward her. Are there any conflicts between you and her in the present or from the past? Or perhaps what is threatening you is/was also threatening to her but she too was denying it.

The significant part is these lions may be they were in the past where you could escape them {hidden in the unconscious}. But now they are in your bedroom in your house {the house is you and the bedroom may represent the dreams which are unconscious contents of you and your life}. The 'lions' are getting closer to 'home' and will become for menacing, at least until you confront them and determine exactly what they represent in your life. They are still dormant {lazily resting in the doorway} but are ready to come through the door of conscious recognition.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry {Co-Host & WebMaster MDS/Dream Forum}
Sarah,
Lions are often symbolic of aggression and because they are a part of the feline family they may suggest feline aggression in your dream. It could be your own inner aggression and/or some type of aggression on the part of another female in your life {the dream includes your mother}. You parents house and the back yard may be pointing to the past {starting at childhood}. The lions seem threatening but don't seem to notice you may be how your unconscious has dealt
with these experiences, they are there but consciously you do not give them a lot of thought.

The part about your mother, her thinking you are crazy may suggest some relationship with her that may involve aggressive behavior toward her. Are there any conflicts between you and her in the present or from the past? Or perhaps what is threatening you is/was also threatening to her but she too was denying it.

The significant part is these lions may be they were in the past where you could escape them {hidden in the unconscious}. But now they are in your bedroom in your house {the house is you and the bedroom may represent the dreams which are unconscious contents of you and your life}. The 'lions' are getting closer to 'home' and will become for menacing, at least until you confront them and determine exactly what they represent in your life. They are still dormant {lazily resting in the doorway} but are ready to come through the door of conscious recognition.

Jerry

My relationship with my Mother is really good, no aggression.
In fact, her coming into this dream & just sort of shooshing them away is a lot how she can be in real life. I tend to be a worrier & she is more calm & always telling me not to freak out. Sometimes I need that but other times it is frustrating, like she doesn't indulge my concerns at times. I don't think she does this on purpose, I think it is just her way of trying to be reassuring to me.

In the past I dreamt of the lions at my parents house & there was always a very large male lion. This time it was only 2 large females.
Since the last time I had the dream, my father has passed away. (he passed a year ago)
I wondered if the male lion being gone had anything to do with that.
As a side note too, I have become a lot closer with my Mom over the past year since my Dad passed. We were always pretty close,but I was more a Daddy's girl... now my Mom & I get together often and actually do things- going to the gym,shopping etc & she spends a lot more time with my kids now too.
To spend time with either of my parents in the past I always had to go over to their house, now since my Dad has passed, my Mom spends more time here at my home. I wondered if that is why the lions moved in my dream?
I don't know if any of this has anything to do with the dream but just some background info on my relationship with her.

The part of the dream that bothers me is that feeling of panic & fear which is overwhelming & the fact that no one else in the dream is worried at all.
Whether it's my Mom, or other people who would walk around in the yard or who I know are also in the house, I am the only one who is afraid.

There are so many elements to this dream, I had never even thought about the fact that the lions moved locations until now.
I just looked back at an old journal & I have been having this dream for over 3 years and I had them around the same time of year the last 2 times before this, Aug/Sept ... odd.
Shouldn't I have dealt with these issues by now!?!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, AZ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Sarah,
I appreciate the quote. Seems you have some knowledge of html, and tables.

If the aggression is not with your mother then it may be towards yourself. As for asking if you should have resolved these issues by now, if you don't know what they are then you can't resolve them. If there are past experiences that involve aggression, whomever it may be directed, and you have yet to confront the negatives of those experiences, they will remain within the psyche until you do recognize the source and confront the emotional issues. Such issues need not be severe traumatic experiences, they could be issues of benign aggression that left a mark because of the intensity of the experience. They may or may not affect your psyche in later life. Dreams relive memorable experiences usually because they are extra-ordinary but also because they become imprinted on the psyche and the experiences can have some control over you in later life.

When did your father die? Was it before these dreams began? Has anything changed because of or since his death that is noteworthy? If the dreams began after his death and if changes in your life are noteworthy then you may be able to trace the dreams to that period of time. Dreams are like puzzles, you have to identify the pieces and then put them together. Sometimes a piece may seem to fit only to discover it really doesn't belong. The only true way to know what a dream is trying to convey is to give the dreams proper attention and by exploring the possibilities. At your age there are a great more possibilities than if you were older. You are still in the first half of life, developing the ego, career moves, family, the future. In the second half of life that is all in the past and you begin looking back, not forward. You discover a lot of emotional baggage in this phase, most of which is from actions during the first half. Everyday experiences are more pronounced when you are younger. At mid life and beyond it is the baggage you carry that is more pronounced. And seeking meaning in life. Time begins to run out and meaning becomes more important.

The dream seems to be pointing to something that you wish to escape from but since the lions are not threatening may suggest something not so traumatic. Or the strength of the experiences may still be dormant within the unconscious. Are there any noteworthy childhood experiences that may involve aggression? I wish I could provide correct details in every instance but even though we have proven guidelines {Jungian dream psyche} how to interpret dreams a lot of it is still subjective, and dependent on the individual life. You have to work with dreams, many dreams, to understand the full impact of what they are trying to communicate. Recurring dreams often do have a ground of experience that needs to be understood since they usually are dealing with unresolved emotional issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present