Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Learning and touring

My dreams from the last two nights.

In the first dream:

I am learning to be a pilot with an aviation teacher I had in high school, brown hair and a big moustache. He is showing me how to fly the plane, making me do circuits, take off and touch down, take off and touch down.

I am then going solo. Showing off to a woman watching from the ground, but I am struggling to take off.

In the second dream:

I am on Rottnest Island. I am preparing to go on a tour around the island with my family. As we are waiting for the tour group / tour bus we are watching people fishing. They are catching all sorts of fish and sea-birds. There is a lot of fish and birds in a little feeding frenzy in amongst the rocks just off a wharf.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Learning and touring

Rook,
There seems to be a general theme in both of these dream although it takes some stretching to identify the theme. In the first dream you are doing 'circuit's in an airplane, trying to learn how to fly your 'own' airplane. You are struggling to take off on your own.

In the second dream are on an island {an aspect of who you are within the unconscious-large bodies of water surrounding an island}. You are touring this island. And you are fishing and catching lots of fish. This may be a reference to 'fishing' in that deep unconscious searching {touring} for that wholeness and balance in your life. The references in the first dream could also be associated with the general theme of finding wholeness and balance.
I have had dreams that speak to the generalities and although the specifics may be found in a deeper inspection the overall theme could be in the general search.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Learning and touring

Kristi. Two wonderful links. The first explains the whole process of the inner search. When you look at the story in metaphorical terms it expresses the inner search in the terms of the difficulty of the dragons in life. A journey of historic proportions, the story of each of our lives in the discovery of the true Self. Life is a series of trials and revelations.

And Jung's video. "We are the origin of all evil". The good and evil is within. The search is within.

I often wonder how and why, in this day and modern age, so many still look outside themselves to find those things that will bring about harmony and balance to life. Such things are transitory, they come and go {materialism, ego centered emotions}. But when you look within you discover the true things, the true identity, that will bring about true harmony, a balanced life. And also discover the psychological impairments that prevent such discoveries. The evil is within. And the foundations to those evil things are also. Our dreams speak to both. We merely need to focus on the inner self and the symbolic language of our dreams to discover the 'good' in a 'sea' of evil.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present