Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Obsessive 18 Year Old Girl and A Women's Prison

I have had a couple of dreams the past two nights that were quite memorable when I awoke. The first was about a very young girl {18 years old was her specific age in the dream} who was attracted to me physically. In real life and in the dream I am not one who is attracted to younger women especially someone so young {what could be possibly have in common?}. In the dream the young girl is literally clinging to me, wanting to kiss in public. Her mother appears in the dream {she is in her 30s} and although I sense an uneasiness about the relationship you did not really object to it. But I was very uncomfortable with the whole situation.
Later in the dream the young girl was less clinging but still very much attracted to me {I get the sense she was one who was looking for a 'father' type}. The dream ends with her continuing to insist they we be together, no backing off on her part or hesitation about the age difference. Or my reluctance to be involved with someone so young.

In last night's dream I was in a women's prison and most of the guards were female {very masculine types}. There were male guards and they seemed to be more lenient on the female prisoners while the female guards were more strict. I felt uneasy about being in this prison and wanted to leave. It took some time in doing that {that part of the dream is blurred} but eventually I was able to get out. On the outside I remember looking up at the walls and feeling a relief. One or more {again blurred} of the female prisoners were with me on the outside.

Some recent waking life history. As many of you know I have once again have gone back to work full time with my construction business and have had less time to devote to my website Myths-Dreams-Symbols and my dreamwork {especially working with dreams at the Dream Forum}. This past week my long hair cat had a serious physical ailment {turned out to be a bowel obstruction that would have been fatal if I had not sought medical help}. I have adopted several cats and they have become my immediate family {surrounding myself with feminine felines}. But the whole episode of her being ill and the financial cost for medical treatment has been a emotional burden. Plus having to pay so much attention to my work {these economic times require a lot more time and effort} I have had the sense my creative Self is being ignored. It is so difficult to put brain power, whether intuitive or otherwise, into dream analysis while having to give so much of it to focus on my work. I focus on what is at hand and although over the past six months I have learned to balance the two I wish I could spend all my time with my dreamwork.

Therein is my prison. Although I have a general idea of what the dreams are trying to address the first dream left me wondering exactly what it is that is so young, and clinging, that wishes to enter into the fray.

Any ideas or comments?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: An Obsessive 18 Year Old Girl and A Women's Prison

Jerry,

The first thought that comes to mind is as to whether or not you have asked her mother what she needs?

Then, of course, I considered whether you may have an undeveloped (immature) feminine aspect that you are "reluctant" to see, allow into your life/cosnciousness?

What have you been clinging to?

Is it (she) seen in the financial burden of caring for the needs of your cat that fell ill? Is this feeling element being reflected in your emotional attachment to your cat in the face of her illness? In attachment to the money that was spent in her care?

Young, clingy girls are (generally) afraid of loss...significance...meaning (something to another/in the eyes of another...dad, whomever).

What part of you needs to know that it (she?) will be safe and cared for, in a fatherly way? Does this (and why does it) bother you?

Had the two dreams come on the same evening, I would be more inclined to suggest/wonder that it is a part of you that has been kept isolated (imprisoned), that you have been "reluctant" to acknowledge/admit into your life/consciousness. Though, still, the two may be connected similarly, even if dreamed on two separate nights.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: An Obsessive 18 Year Old Girl and A Women's Prison

Kristi,
If I were the type who yearns for female companionship in a sexual sense I would think she represented a physical desire, along the lines of Freud's wish fulfillment. But I have long past that stage, or better yet overcame it, so the young girl must symbolize some new feminine development {developing young girl} that is 'clinging'. The clinging part may be a wish fulfillment aspect. The fact she wanted to public-ally show her affections may say something about the dream's intent. I will have to study that part of the dream more and see if future dreams provide new insights. Of course sense I do have a very strong affection for the feminine psyche I look to that as the best possible avenue for understanding the intent.

As for the mother, again that is a bit blurred. Although in the dream she was reluctant to accept her daughter's actions she did not intercede. It was if she was used to such behavior. The mother would also represent a feminine aspect of the psyche {since I am not engaged in any current waking experiences having to do with relationships}. My impressions from the dream is the mother also was the type who looked to older men in a relationships. That may be the pattern that is evolving. Like mother like daughter. Now all I need to do is to discover what aspect of my life these two fit with. I came away from the dream thinking it was a bit of a precognitive in its intent, something about the future that may be developing. The only thing in my life that truly wish to cling to is my dreamwork. I do feel in some way it fits with that, especially after this hectic week of emotions I went through {I value the life of my cats very much, they are as much family as are humans}.

One other aspect of the dream that may be relavent. As the dream progressed the girl, although while still clinging, seemed to mature in her attitude and did not publically display her affections. She seemed intent on having a relationship {more than physical} which struck me as important.

And a footnote to the dream. Although I am not big on lucid dreaming I did prolong this dream as I was awoke by one of my cats wanting to be fed. It was more a semi-conscious state of dreaming and since I was enjoying the affection and attention at the end of the dream {which wasn't necessarily the case at the beginning of the dream} I let it continue instead of getting up from my bed. That is one problem I see in lucid dreaming. When the semi-conscious state takes control of the dream I fear the therapeutic mechanisms of the dream are lost.

The second dream I see as much as a mystery. Thew prison that holds the women would be in my waking life the prison I have had to endure from having to work full time. It takes away from that endearing feminine aspect that is associated with my dreamwork and designing Myths-Dreams-Symbols. Perhaps the masculine afflicted female guards represent a feminine aspect related to masculinity. That could be that I have to do what needs to be done work wise and it requires a strong feminine attitude to stayed focused on both aspects of my life {work and my dreamwork}. The god news was at the end of the dream I was walking outside the prison with at least one of the female prisoners. That may represent a 'release' of some type, perhaps having to do with the stress of the past week and the comfort in knowing my ailing cat will be OK.

Closing note. There is therapy in sharing dreams. When I write down the dream contents aspects of the dream seem to be more visible. Since I don't often share my dreams I forget that aspect of dream sharing. It is like sitting down with a good friend and discussing a problem with them. Just by talking there is a relief from sharing the problem. All too often such stress is held within and when it is let out there is that relief. And a better visual understanding of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present