Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dancing dog girls.

I'm in a theatre watching a show, it's pretty dark away from the stage, which is bright (Can't really remember what happened, all though I know there were bright colours, singing and dancing) sitting next to me is my best friend Polly, she and I are high above the rest of the audience - we never got a chance to get to the closer seating on the ground, and are far from the stage. She seems sillier than she does in real life, more like a child.
I see in the rows infront of us that all the dogs - they're all small dogs (most of the families - those with no children or teenagers - have a dog), are dancing. I think that they're really good at dancing considering they're dogs - strangley intelligent; they're pretty much dancing the same thing, to the beat of the music that's playing), I thik about this for a minute, looking in particular atthe dog closest -sort've like a medum brown sausage dog, only not streched), then say so to polly, I then realize they're not dogs, rather young girls - it's sort've like they change/my vision changes. The one I'm looking at is dressed up like a cowgirl, with her hair in plaits,and smiling - she kind of seems happy but very one dimensional.
Polly laughs, and covers her mouth saying 'Ivy, they're not dogs, they're girls!' I'm shocked, embarassed and amused, what if someone hears? The parents of the girl I was looking at hear me, and the dad says he's not pleased - he looks a bit unkempt, with long greasy hair done up in a pony tail (he reinds me of someone I met in real life who was exceedingly obnoxious, and supperior); 'You disgust me, I don't think I can bare to watch if you're watching too' Something about him seems really obnoxious, and yet I feel really bad that he heard, his wife is nodding, but smiling, jeering at me.
Yet somehow no one seems to be taking anything very seriously, it's almost cartoonish; very much dream like, there's this sense of 'complacency' I can't really put into words. The father doen't seem really angry. I'm a little confused as to why he's acting so offended when he's clearly not that bothered, but assume that he must think that I was saying his daughter looked like a dog. And yet I have this strange certainty in my mind that I was bad, and so even though he doesn't really care, I should be punished.

The girls are smiling, still dancing, saying nothing. I realise that I've been bad and say 'oh no, I'll go, it's okay, you stay' but the family is leaving; it's almost as if they enjoy manking a scene, I decide I may as well leave as I've been bad because I mistook the girls for dogs.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dancing dog girls.

Ivy,
Having posted before at the Forum you are probably aware of the differences in interpreting a dream for someone younger like yourself than it is for an older person {particularly for someone past the age of 40}. Someone your age has dreams that reflect current waking experiences whereas an older person has dreams that are reflective of past experiences {accumulated baggage}. It is more difficult to understand a younger person's dreams since the contents are about current waking experiences and only the dreamer can know what those are. An older person's dreams will have symbols that are reflective of the past and are a bit easier to discern.

With that said I will ask a few questions and comments and let you provide info about yourself that may shine light on the possibilities of the dream. My intent is to determine whether the dream is focusing on those current waking experiences or looking to deeper issues {as do most dreams of an older person}.

The first part of the dream seems to be directed toward unconscious contents that are becoming available to your conscious mind. The dark stage and wanting to get closer to the stage {the stage is where aspects of your life is being played out}. This may be associated with aspects about yourself or your life that unconsciously bother you.

Question: are there any problems with how you feel about your appearance? Or appearances in general. The girls looking like dogs could be addressing such aspects. If not about you it may be about peer pressures regarding appearances.

Question: Have there been recent experiences where you were 'shocked, embarrassed and amused'? Often such dream language is forthright in its speech reflecting actual waking emotions. It could or could not actually involve real parents. Also add the possibility of something obnoxious to the above list.

The feelings of being bad may be real also. Look to possible waking experiences addressing such emotions.

The best possibility is this is all about you, perhaps feelings you have about yourself. If you can provide more insights to who you are and answer the above questions it may help in understanding how best to approach this dream and determine its intent {dreams are therapeutic and help the dreamer work through stressful situations in life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Dancing dog girls.

Ah, yeah, it was mostly the aspect of the dogs and girls that was confusing me, thanks though.

Question: are there any problems with how you feel about your appearance? Or appearances in general. The girls looking like dogs could be addressing such aspects. If not about you it may be about peer pressures regarding appearances.

I'm not sure in regards to my looks, I'm neither confident nor unconfidant, sometimes I swing between the two exceedingly, sometimes I have no opinion. For many years I was relatively detached from the idea of my own face, and could barley remember how I looked.

Question: Have there been recent experiences where you were 'shocked, embarrassed and amused'? Often such dream language is forthright in its speech reflecting actual waking emotions. It could or could not actually involve real parents. Also add the possibility of something obnoxious to the above list.

None occur to me presently...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present