Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Series of disturbing dreams

3 dreams in a row on 3 different nights..

Dream 1:

I'm at home with my boyfriend. Two women, a mom & daughter and a man come to our house and say they need help, they are homeless. My bf lets them in, and the guy leaves for work, supposedly. Then my bf and I are supposed to leave but I don't trust these women, I think they are there to rob us. I try to call 911 on my cell phone but I can't get through and my bf doesn't believe me anyway. We leave and I get into a fight with my aunt, I yell at her for not helping me and she says that it was just a dream. I tell her it is not just a dream, that I really needed help and I throw a couch at her. She punches me in the back.

I am then at my grandma's house and the homeless daughter is there, she is probably in her early 20's. I don't want to be there, I feel anti-social as usual, there are too many people. I take my milkshake and go across the street to the empty house. (one of my other relatives lives there). I am sitting there drinking my shake when in comes my dad and the girl. She starts cleaning and he begins to give her orders. I don't remember what but she defies him. I get scared when she defies him because that isn't allowed. He says to her: " I see you don't know your place. Nobody taught you yet how women are beneath men." then he goes to attack her. I start screaming at him to leave her alone and I grab his arm and start to pull him off. I don't want her to get hurt.

He turns on me and tells me that I know better. He starts punching me in my face, on my arms, all over. I'm crying and begging him to stop when he throws me to the floor and climbs on top of me. I start pushing him off of me but he won't get off. The girl just stands there and watches. I look at her and say help, but she is frozen, just staring. I am begging her for help. He starts to rape me and punch me as I try to get him to stop. He tells me I made him do it. I can feel myself scratching him but it doesn't do a thing. When he is done I stand up and I am crying. I scream at him " no wonder my mom left you, I don't know how she lasted for five years." I grab my cell phone and tell him I am calling the cops. He runs to the back room like a little chicken, he tells me not to call the cops. I stand in the window and see my reflection. I'm already covered in bruises, my face is swollen. I start to cry because I look so awful, I try calling the cops but it won't work. Nobody comes to help me. I can't get any help, I try to call over and over but it keeps sending me to some divorce line instead. That's when I wake up.

--------------------------------

Dream 2:

This guy owns me, I don't know why or how or what for but I know that he has control over me. I want to escape and know its risky. Finally we are at some kind of fair at a church, I'm in the church and there are so many people around I decide to make a run for it. I start to run and he pulls out a gun starts shooting at me. The bullets miss. He's really fat and I know if I can make it to the church maze he won't be able to get me. He can barely keep up, and people are crowding the halls. I know the church well since I would explore it as a child.

I make it into the room with the door that leads to the maze and I see he has 3 people after me. I go into the wrong door but know that it connects to the maze a bit further in. I'm looking over my shoulder and they have out guns, they are shooting at me. I don't think I can make it. One of them is a girl, she screams at me, if you just take off your shoe I'll tell him I got you. She is also being held by him, but she doesn't have the nerve to escape. I fumble with my shoe and leave it behind, now I am running with only one shoe on. I'm going up flights of stairs. I've finally made it into the maze.

I get to the top and find a luxurious room with great satin chairs and gold cloth. I feel safe, finally. Then she comes around the corner. I put my arms in front of my face in a defensive pose and she says its okay, she isn't here to hurt me. We go back into the room, and there are two panels on the wall that can be removed. One is a laundry shoot and at the bottom is a pile of clothes. She sits in a chair, and I know she doesn't have a clue how to get back out of the maze so I decide to take advantage of her. I tell her, you won't kill me and I'll get you out of the maze but you have to lick my breast first. She doesn't want to, she's completely straight but it turns me on and I make her lick my nipples. I hear a noise and I look out the room and there is the hammer of death, its a person made specifically to hunt down and kill its target. I can hear music, like music from a horror movie. We look down the laundry shoot and the clothes have been moved so we take off the other panel and hurry through it.

We're both running fast but we know that the hammer of death will catch us. We come around some boxes and there are two little boys. They are only wearing underwear and it looks like they live there. They tell me that they had breakfast today, it was lipstick candy. They show me, and its actually just lipstick. I ask them who is taking care of them, and they say Jake takes care of them. That he brings them that food and lives there too. I kept thinking why doesn't he at least get them real food, it looks like they haven't eaten in weeks. We think the hammer of death is coming but it turns out to just be Jake. He looks just like her. I tell Jake he can't keep the kids there and I take them with me to feed them real food. Then I wake up.

------------------------

Dream 3:

I'm in the hospital, I don't know what is wrong with me. The hospital seems to be overcrowded as I am in a big open room with other patients. It seems like we are missing a wall because we can see outside. A man steals a cart full of manure and spills it nearby. It smells awful.

I keep trying to call my bf for 3 days but he will never answer and he doesn't come visit me. I don't understand why. The nurses and other patients tell me that he doesn't love me. I just can't believe it.

Finally the Dr calls him and has him write an essay and come for my therapy. Before my bf gets there the dr asks me if I want to go to dinner with him. I say no. I don't trust him.

My bf gets there and he doesn't want to come into the therapy room. I go in there and can see my dr is naked from the waste down. He doesn't have an erection. I don't like it, it creeps my out so I beg my bf to go in there with me. He finally agrees to, and my dr begins to get an erection when he see's me look. My bf reads his essay, its about other women. I ask him why he didn't write about me, he said he didn't think to, and he wrote about the five women he loves, including the hospital sex nurse. I start to say it figures its always about sex for you. get out, I've had it. I make him leave, I finally end it with him and I'm so angry.

The dr asks me to dinner again and I say okay because I'm upset. I still don't trust him but when we get on a public bus I feel better. Though the bus drops us off at a parking lot and we get into his big truck. I don't feel safe anymore. He drives for a while and takes me to a really run down neighborhood. I don't understand but keep my mouth shut. We drive by an old house and there is a dead deer in the yard with a hook in it. He says, oh that will be useful. I ask him what he meant, and he says, did you really think I was going to take you to dinner? You are diner.. and he laughs. I get really scared and I pretend to not notice. He drives right by his house and continues to go through the neighborhood looking for things he can use to mutilate me with.

I pretend that I am unaware and say things like "Oh that's a nice house on the hill" even though I don't mean it. All of the houses are peeling, they are falling down and the yards are not taken care of. The road is littered with leaves. He wants to rape me and mutilate me, he wants me to be scared so I pretend I am not.

I know when he stops the truck I have to try to escape but there is nowhere to go. He tells me he is going to have a lot of fun with me, and then I wake up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Series of disturbing dreams

i think men have something to do with in your life... maybe you should be single..

anyways I was going to say maybe the last one is you've been noticing that he says things to get a reaction out of you and in return you give him false reactions to things that obviously aren't what you make them seem like when you speak of them. so he knows you're lying and you don't trust him and in turn he keeps trying to test you, scare you, hurt you to see if you're even real..

and the fact that he says he's going to have a lot of fun with you is what you think he is thinking because of how hes acting and playin these mind games with you. and it must be torture.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, dallas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? nope

I just wanted to update that I'm still having nightmares and unable to work things out about them. I have been continuing to dream about sexual abuse and rape, but unable to put a face on the person in the dreams (usually).

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Angie,
The second dream most likely is going straight to the 'heart' of what these dreams are trying to address. "This guy owns me" is the language that starts out the second dream. And in the first dream there is the 'mistrust'. Add the violence and what you come up with may be actual physical abuse in your life that has caused a distrust in men. What 'owns' you is that mistrust.

The number 3 is repeated in these dreams. That may suggest 3 events that are important to understanding the dreams' intent. Or it could represent not being 'completely whole' {in Jungian psyche 4 is the number for wholeness, 3 being 1 less from being there}.

There are different aged girls/women in your dreams. This may suggest the violence within the dreams began early and life and continue into adulthood. Or they began early in life and have yet to be resolved {emotionally they continue to haunt you}. There is a need for healing {hospital}. Being an emotional issue there may be a need for therapy.

My sense is the dreams are addressing early life experiences that probably involved physical and mental abuse. The fact they are in the dream as an adult may suggest they not only are still an emotional issue but may suggest that because of the early life stimuli you make wrong choices in relationships with men. Have such relationships turned out to be bad decisions, perhaps with men who are violent towards you? This is a common pattern of behavior from early life experiences. You tend to repeat what your psyche learned early on since you are more apt to remember those earliest experiences {we now know a child is more capable of learning early in life than once believed}.

Look at your life, your whole life and determine the emotional scares and what caused them. And your choice of men. Have they usually turned out to be bad relationships, perhaps with men who may have the same tendencies you experienced from men {father, uncles, boys} earlier in life. I sense this is the primary message of these dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for reading and giving your thoughts on these dreams.

I do dream about hospitals once in a while, being in one and not being able to get the help I need, that type of stuff.

Well. I've been with the same man for 6 years but I can't honestly say it's a healthy relationship. He's not violent toward me, but it's just one of those relationships where I love him & he's my best friend, I just wish I could leave because I feel trapped. He is emotionally abusive, and a negative person. Every time he gets stressed out then he turns on me and says it's my fault, I'm a loser, I'll never amount to anything in life, I'm just like my father was because I lose my temper after being emotionally beaten up and I physically lash out. Once I do that he really has a great time telling me how awful I am.

But then the next day he will hug me and be sweet and make it all better so then I forget about how I was wanting to leave and think it will get better.

I don't have a job, I'm in school, and I have 8 cats who live here with him and I. We do love one another so I don't think I'll ever be able to leave him.

Well.. My dad was abusive to my mom when I was a really young girl. There were lots of parties and drinking. I have flashbacks of men touching me, but I don't know if they are real memories or not. She left him during the year I was 4-5 years old.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angie,
Eight cats. About the same I have taken in to care for. The power of the feminine.

Your response is about what I thought the dream was trying to communicate. Those current experiences about your present relationship {mental abuse} as well as the stimuli {underlying causes} from childhood where you witnessed your mother's abuse from your dad. Early life experiences captured in the psyche {even as a chiuld you pick up on such actions ..see this link about early life imprinting I Am Your Child}. There are probably experiences your partner exhibits toward you that are similar to those of your dad.

Your true feelings about your present relationship also come through in the dream {loving him but feeling trapped}. "This guy owns me" is a statement how you truly feel about the relationship. He has your number so to speak and you feel trapped.

The question becomes, do you actually love him as much as you think, with the mental abuse and being called a loser, or is it you are so stuck in a place yo dislike you believe you love him more than you actually do? He is the real loser if he exhibits the traits you mentioned. There is a good possibility they will become worse.
Is it he is so holding you back from your potential that there will be a breaking point one day in the future. You are trying to educate yourself, better yourself. He calls you a loser and won't amount to anything. Are those the same words you dad may have spoken to your mother when you were young? The early life experiences left an imprinting of abuse towards your mother. If such abusive behavior is a part of your relationship it may be your psyche has been tainted and you can not see clearly. There may be that fear your partner will leave you, as your father left your mother, and you will do anything to avoid that. Even the abuse that is totally unacceptable in a healthy relationship..

About the touching when you were very young. There may have been more to it. There is explicit sexual content in your dreams. It may worth the while to investigate those possibilities. Ignoring what is really in the unconscious, those experiences from early life, only makes it worse if you do not confront them. They will come out eventually, a lot of the posts from older people contain such abuse experiences that have been repressed or ignored. These past experiences often have influence on who you become later in life. Better to catch them while you are young than go through life having them unconsciously control who you are. If you have dreams about children and sex you may want to post those {with what you fell comfortable revealing}. Those dreams may provide clues to early life experiences that you have pushed deep into your unconscious.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

I do love my boyfriend, despite all the crap we do care and love one another. We are just dysfunctional people, and we both want the best for each other. We have a physical attraction and emotional draw to each other that is hard to resist. We both know that this won't last forever, either we are going to end it or we'll fix it.

I had a dream last night that my boyfriend was asking me to play a sex game, I said okay. He then told me to be a little girl, & I said okay. He then said for me to be 4 years old. I was on his lap at this point leaning back and he was sliding his hand into my panties. I said no, I won't. He said yes you will. I said no, and he asked me why not. I said, because that's how old I was when I was being molested.

Then I stopped dreaming and it was a flashback of me in that position, I was only 4 and really small and I was laying on some guys lap, my head on his chest and my feet stretched out in front of me and he had his hand down my panties and I could see myself, the nakedness underneath. I was trying to see who he was, because I have trouble seeing him in my dreams. I am not ever able to see his face to find out who he is. I liked him touching me this time because it was soft and gentle, and he normally would hurt me. He hurts me, he squeezes and is rough, like I'm an adult woman. This was a very brief flashback, I didn't like it and I woke up.

I have other flashbacks but they do not last long before I weight wake up. If I have a flashback while I am awake it's often more clear but I have less control over it, like I can't look around where I want to see his face in that case.

Jerry,

I read your forum notice at the top for the site now focusing on 35 and older. I feel really distraught by this as I feel this is the only place I can go to cope with my nightmares. I don't know what to do now.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present