Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a weird tattoo..

Okay, so I spent all day yesterday researching the illuminati, and other related subjects, which there are many. This is something I do every now and then, but something I think about every day.

Now, I can't remember which came first, i'm sure it was the log one.. but I had a dream that I was having a conversation with my tattoo artist who was obviously male, although I can't remember ever seeing him.. but I WAS facing him.. so that's weird too. We were discussing what tattoo I wanted and I remember I told him I wanted a tattoo of just a LOG. like.. an old, moldy decaying log,I don't know I think it had something to do with wondering why they were hollow sometimes, a few weeks before. But I made sure to mention that I wanted three stripes on the log, that, if I remember correctly were supposed to be a color close to this: The only thing I remember about hearing about a three that day was when jay z released his album, I forgot what it was called but it had 3 stripes on the cover, and it was his congrats to himself for making it to the third degree in masonry. He is a 3rd degree mastor mason. a free mason nonetheless. but... still that wasnt the reason I had claimed while I was in my dream, i just can't remember what i DID claim. i think it was on a more spirtual note though if that helps.
but when I looked on my back, long after I got the tattoo, to my surprise it was NOT the tattoo I wanted. In my dream I actually forgot I had the tattoo until I reached to scratch my back and realized it was bone dry and peeling. anyways what the tattoo ended up being was a giant log, and on top of it a HUGE beetle that was bigger than the log, they were formed like a cross to eachother. the beetle was so skillfully done. it was amazing. I liked the tattoo but I had STRESSED to the guy, THREE stripes... which he did not do. In reality, I already have a beetle tattoo.. on the opposing shoulder, but it is small, and is an original design that doesn't look real. I woke up to find... a very similar looking picture of a beetle above my dad n step moms bedroom door. This isn't the first dream where I ended up with a tattoo that wasn't what I had in mind.. only last time... the tattoo changed, switched hands, half disappeared. it was weird.

I'm gonna post another one about my second dream last night.

-madgkul

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, dallas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? nope

Re: a weird tattoo..

Hey Madgkul

Interesting dream. I am no expert but I will share what I can.

The real question is what do the symbols mean to you?

Do you have many tattoos? Are they a mode of expression or just something cool?

Could the tattoo be related to the development of your personality? You are at an age where you are establishing your identity, who you are. The tattoo could be a permanent development in how you display your identity.

What about the log? This would then be saying it is this aspect of yourself that you want to display. Hollow? A fallen limb (perhaps something like a fallen angel?) Don't know... Just brain storming. Also, from hyperdictionary:

"Seeing logs in your dream, represents unconscious ideas and a significant and meaning aspect of yourself. Alternatively, it means a transformation. You are headed toward a new direction in your life. Dreaming that you are sitting on a log indicates personal satisfaction and joy in you life. Seeing a log floating in water, represents new opportunities. You may be overlooking something important."

The three stripes points more to something specific about this tattoo aspect. It could be a means of balance, the three being the two extremes and that which brings the two into balance.

"Three
(1) The number three may symbolize completeness and fulfillment; or anything that may contribute to your personal fulfillment - for example, the resolving of conflict between two opposing psychic forces.
(2) Jung says three may signify that something is nearly but not quite complete; or that what is lacking in you can be supplied only by some part of your unconscious elf that you find too frightening to acknowledge and use (Even God, he says, is not quite complete without the Devil)."

But instead of getting a log, you get a bug. What would that mean? Do you bug people (my personal favourite pastime lol) or:

"Little things that you worry about. What's bugging you? Bugs are insects which ay symbolize either your attitudes toward your instinctive drives or unconscious forces that seem to constitute a threat to the rule of reason. If a solitary insect, it may be bringing a message from your inner self (the unconscious). Remember the cricket in Pinocchio's adventure?"

Don't know if that helps direct you to help figure out what it means. Like I say, only you will know when you figure out the puzzle.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present