Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carl Jung's mythical Red Book to be published

'The Holy Grail of the Unconscious'

Click to enlarge

The New York Times has a huge article on the forthcoming publication of the Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung's 'Red Book', the notebook he kept during the six years of his 'creative illness' in which he was clearly psychotic but found inspiration for some of his most influential ideas.

Jung came out of this period with some of his most distinctive ideas all of which he noted in his 'Red Book' which has been kept behind closed doors by the Jung family for years.

The book has gained an almost mythical status and The New York Times article is as much about the long saga of getting into print, almost 90 years after it was written, as it is about Jung himself.

Dubbed as the “most influential unpublished work in the history of psychology", the book, entitled "Liber Novus", or New Book in Latin, will be on the shelves by early next month.

Read the New York Times article
The Holy Grail of the Unconscious

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Carl Jung's mythical Red Book to be published

I received an email announcing the release of this book. I look forward to it. A must have, for me.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Carl Jung's mythical Red Book to be published

This is big! I was listening to the local PBS program {Nashville} 'On Point program today and the hour long subject was Jung's Red Book. The New York Times article {10 pages} has pushed the book to the top and people atre responding positively. You can listen to the show here. I also heard the book is rising fast on Amazon's Best Seller list. And the book has not yet been released.

I'm hopeful this book will provide even greater insights to the soul. What Jung has taught us about dreams is a gift in itself. But I believe there are even greater 'mysteries' to be found. I believe Jung and Campbell knew.

It is not something that is merely said or presented in written form, or we would already ahve discovered some of the 'secrets'***. I believe it is being capable of going deep enough without being annihilated, discovering self secrets as well as universal 'secrets' that reside within. I know for many that may sound like mumbo jumbo but Jungians know where I am coming from. For us this Red Book is big!

***Personal Secrets

If you are repressing some type childhood trauma, those become secrets because they are hidden away in the deeps of the unconscious. This would be a personal secret.

***Collective Secrets

The Mayans, the Egyptians, to name but a few of the earliest cultures, knew how to build tremendous structures that still elude experts even to this day. If they possessed 'secrets', that have since have been lost, then I would think the deepest unconscious would be the place to look to discover that knowledge. These would be secrets only the 'collective psyce' would possess. secrets of the collective psyche.

Personal unconscious, collective unconscious. We can put into words what we have learned thus far, but it may be in symbols that we learn much more. I have a feeling this book is all about symbols, symbolic language, and possible discoveries on the collective level. At least for some.

The down side to the book is the price. The publisher is asking $195.00.

Isn't ironic that the #1 best seller is Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Of course that is fiction.

Or is it?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present