Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tattoos on my ex-boyfriends face

Hi, Jerry.

It's been a long, long time since I posted now. Life has been very intense, and I haven't had a chance to focus on anything else than just getting through to the next day.
Among the things that have happened the last few months I can mention becoming pregnant, my father dying, and my boyfriend deciding to break up with me, six months pregnant with our second child. So I've really had just about as much as I can handle lately, especially the break-up has been hard on me. We are still in the process of parting, he is still living here while looking for another place. Some days we get along, but some days are terribly difficult. It is hard to let go.
This morning I had a dream that I hope to get some input on. I think it might say something about the current situation. I don't recall all of it, but I'll write down what I remember:
I am in the building where me and my ex-boyfriend used to live when we first got together. The building is empty and the dream is in the present time. we are no longer a couple and I know that he is out with a new male friend of his. I know that they've been partying the night before. It is now in the middle of the day and I'm walking around in the abandonned building. In one of the rooms, I see some posters hanging on the wall. One of the posters is a large picture of my ex-bf. I can see that he has a tattoo on his face, which he must have gotten the day before. The tattoo is a broad, black horisontal line dividing his face all the way across, just below his nose, and a tilted beercan, cartoon style, just below the line. I get really shocked and feel I really bad about it. It upsets me to think of how stupid he is having gotten this terrible tattoo, and that he will surely regret it. And what about our daughter? I don't want her to see him looking like that, but I know that he'll never afford to have it removed.
Next, my ex is in the room, and he is hiding his face, looking down when I approach him. He doesn't konw I already know. I tell him to look at me, and I can see taht he has tried to wash it off, and it has actually faded quite a bit. The line is now lower, crossing his neck. He then lifts up his hair from his forhead, and I can see that he also has a pattern tattooed along his hairline on both sides. It is done in another style, like spirals or smoke, and it is another quality of work, the colours are pale and it is more refined. He is showing it to me saying something that I can't remember exeactly, but the meaning is something like: "This one isn't too bad, is it? It could be a symbol of something spiritual, or something like that" (he is not so good with words)I get the feeling that this pattern is somehow connected to native american symbolism, and I think to myself that it is not too bad and that he at leat has the opprtunity of covering it up with his hair.
That' s what I remember. I hope this could be a new start to get back to working on my dreams. I'm slowly starting to find my way back to the things I love doing. I have just been so caught up in trying to save our relationship over the last months..

Hope you will give me your thoughts on this one. I think more now than ever that I need the help and assistance from my dreams to get past this crisis.

Good to be back!

Pippi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Tattoos on my ex-boyfriends face

Inanna,
Great to hear from you. There have been many times over the past several months where the name Inanna or Pippi {even mentioning of Pippi Longstocking} have come up in different revues that I have noticed. When that happens I always think of you.

Sorry for not responding to your post. Have been on vacation and a retreat from the Dream Forum the past 6 weeks or so. Will revive the Forum in a few days. I will give your dream my full attention in the next day or two.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Tattoos on my ex-boyfriends face

Inanna,
The beginning of the dream is most likely reflecting on what should have been, could have been, the desires you had for the relationship. The present day is where you are, in an empty room. The
'being out with a male friend' may be addressing what was more important to him, being elsewhere {mentally if not physically} and not with you.

The abandoned building is you, the condition you feel by his abandoning you. The tattoo may be the imprinting of some mental aspect of the relationship, the dividing line perhaps the two aspects of your personality, the masculine self. The imprinting of neglect that your ex bf has brought on you is something you may never be able to remove.

The parts about your ex is probably addressing his personality and actions as well as your own, your masculine identity. Trying to wash it off doesn't work {although you 'know' in time it will fade}. The reality of your situation {being left with two children} is slowly sinking in.

But you have strength, masculine strength that is imprinted {other tattoo} from earlier life experiences {think of Pippi Longstocking overcoming her barriers, her strength, the impression and imprinting on you}. Pippi is your 'spiritual' identity, your source of renewal and strength. You are reconnecting with your true and NATURAL self {nature aspects which is the basis of Native American spirituality}.

My thoughts are you probably knew {"He doesn't know I already know"} long ago the possibility of his abandoning his responsibilities toward you and your children. But the main theme in the end is you do have the strength to survive, to prosper, if for nothing else for your children. You could never let happen to them what happened to you as a child. There is your strength and Pippi with her cheerful personality and her masculine power is your lead.

Let me know your thoughts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present