Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stars in the Night Sky

I have had dreams that follow this pattern several times recently, so it is obviously trying to tell me something. I haven’t been able to find a definition that fits all the particulars, so I thought I’d post and ask for help. In the dream I go outside to look at the stars. It is always late at night. I always go out to look at a certain star or constellation. I look up into the sky, and it is always a deep midnight blue or black, and the stars are always a bright white. The skies are clear, and the nights are beautiful. I can always find the stars or constellations that I am looking for, but they are always moving. They are not shooting or falling like regular stars, but are either vibrating or travelling across the sky. What are these dreams trying to tell me?
Thank you so much for your help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Age 42; southern New Mexico

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Stars in the Night Sky

Shelly,
From the HyperDictionary Dream Dictionary:

Seeing stars in your dream, symbolize high ideals, spirit, fate, luck.

This could very well fit with your dream. Going outside often represents the ego self, the outer life. The dream may be addressing goals or ambitions you have set for yourself in life and although at times those goals seem clear and available, {I can always find the stars or constellations that I am looking for} achieving them often seem elusive because of life's circumstances. The goal posts keep moving {but they are always moving} and the set goals seem to keep moving further away. The horizons are clear {skies} but they are always moving.

Then there is the element of the 'deep midnight blue or black' sky set against the bright white stars. Often the major barriers in achieving set goals in life is we tend to look solely outward for the answers when much of what we seek is an internal matter. In other words the emotions and negative desires tend to circumvent higher aspirations.

And because there is that element of deep blue and black there may be an element having to do with the creative aspect. Deep blue and black may be pointing to the deep unconscious. The sky and bright stars may be alluding to your highest aspirations which in Jungian psyche would have to do with the creative/spiritual condition. Are there creative aspects in your aspirations/ambitions in life? When we speak of creativity we are also addressing the spiritual. When you give from the creative self you are also 'giving' of the spiritual. The muses are of the spiritual realm, giving of oneself in the service of others.

Does the above in any way describe your life? Do you have ambitions and set goals but seem to have trouble attaining exactly what you seek? Do those goals seem clear yet hard to obtain? Look not only at prescribed goals but other aspects of your life that may fit with the analogy I have provided in my assessment.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry, the idea of having goals that are clear but that I have difficulty attaining fits exactly with what is going on in my life. I would very much like to finish writing at least one book in my life, but can't seem to find the time to devote to the endeavor. I start and stop, and there always seems to be something else that needs to be done: papers that I bring home from work, cleaning the house, taking care of my mother, etc. I also have issues with the idea of actually being able to write an entire book. I would love to, but am so afraid of not being able to finish it or not having good enough ideas that I can't really bring myself to start with the intent of actually finishing. That definitely fits in with the idea of internal barriers, and "the other things" that I always have to do are probably just excuses not to devote time to something that on one level I'm pretty sure I'll fail at. This is the first idea about goals that are hard to obtain that I see. There might also be an aspect of this that ties on with events that are happening in my life professionally. I'll ponder that today and let you know. As always, thank you for your help.
Shelly

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Age 42; southern New Mexico

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yesals

hit counter
free hit counter

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present